Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Monowhip = spirit killer?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Thanee
Monowhips seem to be the ultimate spirit killer weapons for non-awakened characters.

They will always be able to damage even Force 6 spirits, since their Immunity to Normal Weapons cannot stop them up to this level. And if you get only a single net hit, which should be possible, that's 9P, which the spirit has 10 dice (for Force 6; Body = Force) to resist. Two such hits and the spirit is gone most likely.

(Sure, Adepts with Critical Strike are much better at killing spirits, but they are awakened.)

Anyways... this spawns the question... is it right (not by the rules, more like by their 'spirit'), that Immunity to Normal Weapons is subject to technical Armor Penetration (like that of the monowhip, or APDS ammunition)?

Maybe AP from mundane weapons should not apply to Immunity to Normal Weapons?

Bye
Thanee
nick012000
Even better are guns loaded with Stick 'n' Shock.
Backgammon
Monowhips are the ultimate anything killer.
neko128
QUOTE (Backgammon)
Monowhips are the ultimate anything killer.

Including the wielder, on a bad day.
Tattered~Seraphim
Monofilament weapons, although very cool, are stupid coming from a physics point of view. If a monofilament whip is, as its name suggests, a line of just one layer of atoms, technically you shouldn't even be able to see the whip without the aid of a high-powered electron microscope. ^_^ From a kinda-physics point of view, they work by slicing between the layers of ANYTHING.
But still, they are just ludacrously lethal and I'd love to play a char with one. Muwahaha, a phys ad with a monofilament whip and monowire edged sword... yay!
Rotbart van Dainig
dead.gif
Thanee
QUOTE (Tattered~Seraphim @ Apr 17 2006, 02:16 PM)
Monofilament weapons, although very cool, are stupid coming from a physics point of view.

I'm aware of that, but that's not really the point.

The question is mostly, what does Immunity to Natural Weapons mean?
And should methods to penetrate physical armor work against that in the same fashion?

Bye
Thanee
Tattered~Seraphim
I'm still pretty new to SR but my instincts would say that no immunities should work against a monowhip, unless you're dealing with something uber powerful.
Rotbart van Dainig
Because SR4 makes all armor work the same way, distinguishing only between normal and hardend.
Azralon
QUOTE (Tattered~Seraphim @ Apr 17 2006, 09:33 AM)
I'm still pretty new to SR but my instincts would say that no immunities should work against a monowhip, unless you're dealing with something uber powerful.

.... Like magical extradimensional beings made of dreams and nightmares incarnate?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012