Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm on a poll roll
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
fool
This poll idea came also because I hear alot of people complaining about one metatype having an unfair advantage. Usually it's elves or trolls, but I didn't want to limit the options
stevebugge
Elves because they are "Foofy"
blakkie
I find Leprechauns wildly unbalancing.

Them and polls that make the assumption that there is a metahuman type that is unbalancing, and don't give the respondant the option to express that "alot of people" should stop smoking crank because it is unbalancing.....their game and their brain chemistry.
James McMurray
I haven't had a problem with metatypes yet.
Shrike30
QUOTE (blakkie)
the option to express that "alot of people" should stop smoking crank because it is unbalancing.....their game and their brain chemistry.

"Null vote" is my fave for that nyahnyah.gif
fool
some of the posts I've read have been particularly vitriolic against one metatype or another (usually elves and trolls) That's why I wanted to see what people thought.
I put down null vote myself
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (stevebugge)

you mean they're floofy... I'll throw up the link to that later. smile.gif
James McMurray
They can also be foofy, and even poofy, depending on how you prepare them.
blakkie
QUOTE (fool @ Apr 17 2006, 06:47 PM)
some of the posts I've read have been particularly vitriolic against one metatype or another (usually elves and trolls) That's why I wanted to see what people thought.
I put down null vote myself

If you can't find a response for yourself among the list of options in the poll that is pretty much a concrete tip-off that you are coming up short, creating a "statement dressed up as a question" poll.

Do you dress up in nothing but a chainmail bikini and hot pink, thighhigh f*ck-me books and parade down mainstreet screaming "free for all!!!" on the weekends too, or just on Tuesday nights? <--- an example
stevebugge
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT)
QUOTE (stevebugge @ Apr 17 2006, 04:14 PM)

you mean they're floofy... I'll throw up the link to that later. smile.gif

No wonder I couldn't find it when I searched earlier
Dissonance
QUOTE (blakkie)
Do you dress up in nothing but a chainmail bikini and hot pink, thighhigh f*ck-me books and parade down mainstreet screaming "free for all!!!" on the weekends too, or just on Tuesday nights?

No... but I might have to start.

That sounds like _fun_.
captainwhizz
why are trolls listed as expensive? for what they get, they're pretty cheap.
Grinder
QUOTE (blakkie)
Do you dress up in nothing but a chainmail bikini and hot pink, thighhigh f*ck-me books and parade down mainstreet screaming "free for all!!!" on the weekends too, or just on Tuesday nights?

rotfl.gif Hey, you know the old Air Sailor of my ED campaign! rotfl.gif
fool
Actually I think that the metatypes are pretty well balanced. I was interested in what percentage of people thought what.
As far as chainmail bikini goes, I've got too much flab for that to have much impact on main street here. People would htink iot was some type of street theater.
James McMurray
To get a good idea of what people think you have to cover all the bases with the poll. a poll that forces a choice of "most unbalanced" leaves no room for people that feel things are good as is.
NightHaunter
An option for none of them would have been nice.
Even if Troll and Elves "seem" above the curve they're really not!
Trolls are hosed even for attempting to go into certain areas.
And lets not forget about the spikes when it comes to elves!
nezumi
In SR3, *ESPECIALLY* when using priority, dwarves are far and away the most 'unbalanced' (although not very popular nevertheless).
Moon-Hawk
Exactly! If they're still not very popular, then they're not really overpowered because there is some intangible thing that makes them less appealing. Even if it's just a height that the typical player finds distasteful.
Game mechanics is only part of the equation. If the different races are being played with the same frequency, then they're balanced. IMO
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012