Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Street Magic et al.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Czar Eggbert
Anyone know when the new magic and cyber books will be out? I'm waiting to skim them before I commit to SR4

-The Eggman
Dv84good
You might be waiting for awhile.
Shrike30
My understanding is "this year." That's about as specific a date as anyone's given that I know of.
Lindt
Id like to guestimate they would be out for Gencon, but thats only a guess.
Geekkake
There was a thread somewheres that referenced some webpage, somewhere, on some site, that said Street Magic would be out sometime in the second quarter of 2006.

I think it was the FanPro catalogue for this year. But honestly, with my drinking habits and total disregard for the thoughts and statements of others, it could easily have been a Plutonian press release.
Azralon
I have shared the same catalogue hallucinations.
the_dunner
According to the catalog:

Street Magic was listed 2nd quarter of 2006. Most likely that'll be late 2nd quarter.

Arsenal (the guns book) is listed as 3rd quarter.

Augmentation (The cyber book) is listed as 4th quarter.

My guess (and this is purely supposition) is that Street Magic is being targetted for Origins, Arsenal is being targetted for GenCon, and that Augmentation is an optomistic guess for a Christmas release.
sandchigger
Dammit... they changed the Matrix so much in this edition and yet they wait until next year (AT LEAST...) to put out a book for it? *grumble grumble grumble*
Shrike30
We can only hope that's because they're turning out a smoothly operating, and yet relatively streamlined expansion on the basic ruleset for it, that's had a great deal of playtesting. nyahnyah.gif
mdynna
Really, so much confusion regarding the new Matrix system could have been eliminated with more examples of the rules in action.
Moon-Hawk
Agreed. Examples that could be posted on their web page at any time. I can not conceive of a good justification for not having an SR4 FAQ up yet, including examples of matrix actions.
I understand that they have many other things to do, but FAQ/examples should be receiving a higher priority than they are.
I am very disappointed.
emo samurai
I think they want us to buy the old books while we wait for the new ones.
Adam
While FanPro believes that many if not most previous Shadowrun products still offer value, they are certainly not intentionally slowing down the release cycle to try and sell backstock SR3-based rulebooks.
SL James
QUOTE (sandchigger)
Dammit... they changed the Matrix so much in this edition and yet they wait until next year (AT LEAST...) to put out a book for it? *grumble grumble grumble*

Hahaha. I said that, what, a couple weeks after Origins 2005? Get with the times, man.
NightHaunter
QUOTE (the_dunner @ Apr 18 2006, 06:06 PM)
According to the catalog:

Street Magic was listed 2nd quarter of 2006.  Most likely that'll be late 2nd quarter.

Arsenal (the guns book) is listed as 3rd quarter. 

Augmentation (The cyber book) is listed as 4th quarter.

My guess (and this is purely supposition) is that Street Magic is being targetted for Origins, Arsenal is being targetted for GenCon, and that Augmentation is an optomistic guess for a Christmas release.

Not sure I can't wait that long!
I'm going crazy converting SR3 Stuff Forwards.
Just Finished Meta-Varients, Shapeshifters, Ghouls and Albinos.
Day and a Halfs work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012