Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: KE and LS
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Anythingforenoughnuyen
I am thinking about running a non-traditional game for a group of players who want to try playing non-shadowrunners for a change of pace type of situation. The basic premise would be that the players are members of a special unit like The Strike Team on The shield, they work for Knight errant, and, KE has finally wrested the contract for policing seattle away from Lone Star, with LS adding fuel to the fire already present in seattle by trying to make things as bad as possible as part of their efforts to win the law enforcement contract for seattle back.

Any thoughts/comments/ideas would be most welcome-even negative ones.
ShadowDragon8685
I'm pretty sure it would be worse for bisuness to poison KE's takeover than it would be to let them have it. I mean, it's pretty hard not to notice that the crime wave starts after the KE takeover is announced.

Think about what it says to everybody else who employs Lone Star Security Services. "As soon as you, in complete legal faith, decide we are no longer the men for the job, we're going to do everything we can to fuck you and the new guys taking over."

Now I dunno about you guys, but that smells like "Omega Order" got branded on it's rump.
Kremlin KOA
Sorry shadow
But that is standard business practice for security corps IRL

the idea is it looks like the new guys can't handle the job that the old guys were doing

emo samurai
Seriously? How the fuck do they do that?
Kremlin KOA
Usually a couple of guys who work at sec company A, or some of the owner's friends. Go to one of the sites and cause trouble in such a way so as to not get caught, but make it obvious something happened

Most commonly used in the Crowd Control/Bouncer part of the business

If the place is twice as rowdy under the new guys

The boss will want the old guys back
stevebugge
This could be a fun mix of detective work and a bit of mayhem. Lone Star probably won't completely leave town, though they will probably have to vacate the Public Safety Building when Knight Errant moves in. The Star could relocate lots of key evidence when they do that, lose files with crucial leads in ongoing cases, eliminate or conceal street sources, transfer and relocate important operational people with knowledge of ongoing cases, and tip off targets of investigations. Of course the characters would have to go rebuild all the cases and find the missing information, and maybe catch the Star Redhanded to stave off a PR nightmare. Putting them under direct pressure from Damien Knight (playing the part of hard ass corporate task master) to get results by any means could really push the limits and you could always throw in a pesky overzealous investigative reporter to shadow their activity.
Kremlin KOA
exactly
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012