Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody know if Fanpro's in the market?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
HMHVV Hunter
Hey, I was wondering something:

Anyone know if Fanpro is going to do another book like "Into the Shadows?"

The reason I'm asking is this:

This is going to sound a bit stupid, maybe, but I was thinking of maybe typing up a story (another entry of "The Helios Chronicles") and maybe, if they were doing another such book like that, submitting it to them.

I wouldn't even know where to start in the submission process, but still...it's worth a shot.

So anyways, anyone know if a project like that's in the works?
Ancient History
Not to the best of my knowledge. Of course, you could always propose your story as webfiction using the submission guidelines.
HMHVV Hunter
Bah, they're only looking for fourth edition. No way I'm writing for that bastardized system. Well...not yet anyways.

I created Helios with 3rd ed; I'm keeping him there.
winterhawk11
QUOTE (HMHVV Hunter)
Bah, they're only looking for fourth edition.  No way I'm writing for that bastardized system.  Well...not yet anyways.

I created Helios with 3rd ed; I'm keeping him there.

Well, here's the problem: if FanPro were to do an anthology (which I have no knowledge of one way or the other), I can nearly guarantee that (as is the case for the website fiction) it would be Fourth Edition. It just doesn't make good business sense to put out official fiction for previous editions.

If you want to get your fiction noticed in case anything does come up in the future (like HoloStreets, for example), I'd suggest you try your hand at Fourth Edition. If you don't want to port your character forward, try coming up with a new one.

blakkie
QUOTE (HMHVV Hunter @ Apr 18 2006, 09:05 PM)
Bah, they're only looking for fourth edition.  No way I'm writing for that bastardized system.

"My advice: Come back two years ago.
Then the job is yours." - Tim from the TV show, Robots

The last of the 3rd edition based novels are signed deals, and it is arguable marketing madness that even they are coming out. But since they are Wizkids, not Fanpro, and were tied in with the minature line not the P&P they are out there. After the few left in the pipeline there ain't no more new SR3.

Welcome to 2070. *shrug*
Kyoto Kid
I wonder though, if they may be interested in a transition story that ends in 2070.

I have one that has kind of grown from a character background which digs deeper into the how and why of becoming a runner in the 'brave new wireless world".
HMHVV Hunter
QUOTE (blakkie)
QUOTE (HMHVV Hunter @ Apr 18 2006, 09:05 PM)
Bah, they're only looking for fourth edition.  No way I'm writing for that bastardized system.

"My advice: Come back two years ago.
Then the job is yours." - Tim from the TV show, Robots

The last of the 3rd edition based novels are signed deals, and it is arguable marketing madness that even they are coming out. But since they are Wizkids, not Fanpro, and were tied in with the minature line not the P&P they are out there. After the few left in the pipeline there ain't no more new SR3.

Welcome to 2070. *shrug*

Dude, I didn't say I expected Fanpro to chance their minds. I basically just said "Oh well, forget it then." I'm not that arrogant to think they should do that.

Then again, if they are ever interested in doing some sort of retro thing (assuming SR3 stays popular)...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012