Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Australia Roll-call
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Pages: 1, 2
Ronin Soul
As the description suggests, I want t osee how many of us there are, more out of curiosity than anything else, though the topic may one day come in handy.

So if you hail from the Land of Oz, the Island Continent, and whaatever other names we've developed, just put your hand up for the nice little man doing the head count.

Thank you all!
Dvixen
pssst, add your city. Australia is a large place. wink.gif
Phylos Fett
I'm here in sunny BrisVegas!
Dark Scrier
Me from Sydney.

Sydney... GOOD!
annachie
Melbourne
Gambisto
I too hail from sunny Brisvegas.
Fortune
I'm from Sydney, although I'm not there at the moment. smile.gif
Johnny the Bull
QUOTE (Gambisto)
I too hail from sunny Brisvegas.

I too hail from this barren hell affectionately known to locals as 'BrisVegas'.
AnotherFreakBoy
Canberra.

New to the forums also.
Teknobabel
Sydneysider, lurking with intent for 2 years
Dark Scrier
That's a good point. Other than Phylos'(?) game, I'd never heard of it referred to as Bris-Vegas until I was up there a month or two back.
NeO_ZeN
Gold Coast

There, made my first post.

smokin.gif
Harper
Hi all,
As should be obvious, another Sydneysider, from Australia.
Am currently seeing some of the USA. grinbig.gif
Tebbitbreath
Wollongong (bout an hour or so south of sydney). By the way, anyone around here want an extra runner?
Phylos Fett
As we have some bashful folk here -

Rip van Mason and Gambisto live in Brisbane, and thunderchild lives in Newcastle.
Gambisto
QUOTE (Darth Phylos)
As we have some bashful folk here -

Rip van Mason and Gambisto live in Brisbane, and thunderchild lives in Newcastle.

Hey I replied further up on the thread. Though I am bashful, and kinda cute too.
Phylos Fett
So you did! Must be all the reading of Centrelink forms affecting my vision - maybe I can sue them?
Gambisto
QUOTE (Darth Phylos)
So you did! Must be all the reading of Centrelink forms affecting my vision - maybe I can sue them?

Join the queue, actually I think there is a class action going to take place sometime in the near future. Good luck wink.gif I've even changed areas for a few weeks now I'm picking on Youth allowance payees, especially the 16-18 year old. Nothing like sending a $10K debt to some young'n.
Phylos Fett
That'll learn the young'uns to be poor! wink.gif
Gambisto
QUOTE (Darth Phylos)
That'll learn the young'uns to be poor! wink.gif

yeah that'll learn 'em. If it wasn't for the high pay I'd quit. But I've found after awhile it's easy to sleep at night. Sorta like working for the liberal party I'd imagine wink.gif
Phylos Fett
I haven't got that job yet, or even joined the party. But I may be working for Australia Post. It'd be a shame if mail were to get lost...wink.gif
Gambisto
With me in control of welfare and you in control of the post, we can bring goverments to their knees. Australia will be ours. Hahaha bhawawawaahah
Phylos Fett
QUOTE (Gambisto)
With me in control of welfare and you in control of the post, we can bring goverments to their knees. Australia will be ours. Hahaha bhawawawaahah

Excellent...
johnhoppkins
Hehe... well it looks as if I am going back to my old job at Qld Transport so I think a coup is a great idea !

P.S. From BrisneyLand also smile.gif
Phylos Fett
Together, the 3 of us will be unstoppable!!!
Tiralee
Tiralee and the Keychain all present and accounted for.

Grifith, NSW. Pity me.

Harkon
Myself, sapphire_wyvern and the infamous Raccoon Avatar are all Melbournians, and we have been known to play SR together (when the stars are aligned in a astrologically harmonious manner with the price of yeast in Sierra Leone).
The Jake
Why oh why did this thread NOT come up when I was living in Melbourne five or more months ago????

ARGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

- The Jake
Strobe
I am from Sydney. Hills District (although I've heard some people say that it doesn't exist).

-Strobe
Ronin Soul
As the creator of the thread I should probably say where I come from, eh? smile.gif

I live on Lake Macquarie which is the "largest coastal saltwater in Australia" - our only claim to fame...

If you're wondering where that is - it's about 40 minutes south of Newcastle and about 90 minutes north of Sydney.
Solzak
Perthite here.

Anyone else over on the West Coast, seems my 'regular' group gets together every 3 months, would be great to find another group smile.gif

-Solzak
Tiralee
Okay-

2 entries here, both now living in rainy Moama (Near Eucha, Vic/NSW) and wondering if there are any gamers nearby.

Well, we live in hope. Or Australia, which is close enough for me.

Ranneko
This is partly to see if people on here are still around, and if there are others around. Plus, never commited thread necromancy before.

I live in Sydney, Northern Beaches area.
Tziluthi
Bloody easten staters.

As you might be able to tell, I'm from Perth, Western Australia.
Westiex
Townsville

Unofficial capital of North Queensland smile.gif

(Am looking for another player, bonus points if you're willing to GM)
sideburnmania
I'm a n00b Shadowrunner. Well, more intruiged really.

I'm from the Central Coast of NSW, near Wyong. Not that far from Ronin Soul really.

Shadowrun seems like such a cool RPG but it's kind of hard to get into a "cult" rpg, especially if you don't live in a major city.

I did find some old school Shadowrun novels in a 2nd hand book store in the city (Sydney) though. They had a few Shadowrun source books as well.
DuckEggBlue Omega
Adelaide, gaming capital of Australia (there's nothing else to do), but you think I get get a game of SR going, not on your life.
jeltzz
Sydney here. sometimes wollongong. depending on the day of the week.
Aza
Darwin here, and looking for a group smile.gif
evil1i
QUOTE (Tziluthi)
Bloody easten staters.

sshhh if you insult them too much they might get the urge to come over here and see why we disparage them so much smile.gif and then we might be over-run with easterners!

Perth born a bred
played SR from 1ed -> 4ed and at this stage think 4ed is the best of the lot.

I'm betting my local game holds the record for most people in a regular ongoing game (we currently have 11 players including the GM - we rotate GM'ing after each run).
Enigma
I'm also a Brisbanite.

Also, since we look like having people on the 'inside' at Centrelink, Australia Post and Queensland Transport, I'm a prosecutor with the Department of Justice so we can get ourselves a really decent little conspiracy going.

I really thought I was the only SR player in Brisbane, apart from my mate who doesn't post here. I play and GM (or GM and GM, usually) and I'm happy to explore gaming options if they're around.
IAmMarauder
Thought I'd better pipe up, and admit I'm an Aussie as well. I hail from Central NSW, Bathurst to be exact. Been playing SR on-and-off since 1st Ed (have bought all 4 editions, although 4th Ed was PDF only <brilliant idea, I love it!>). If anyone nearby is looking for a player, let me know. Also done a bit of GM work, and am doing some ground work for some campaigns....
Johnny the Bull
I was BrisVegas (see above). but now I am in Sydney.
Wizard
Melbourne here.
Dark Scrier
I guess this is the point where I pipe up and claim to not only be still alive, but still living in Sydney.

Even if I only check Dumpshock once every three years or so.
chunky04
This threads a cyberzombie!

Ballina, NSW, for me.
Sir_Psycho
QUOTE (Tiralee @ Sep 5 2003, 08:04 AM) *
Grifith, NSW. Pity me.

The home of passion pop.

Sydvegas myself.
Fortune
Still Sydney ... unfortunately. frown.gif
Cthulhudreams
QUOTE (AnotherFreakBoy @ Aug 19 2003, 10:33 PM) *
Canberra.

New to the forums also.

Heh, I'm from Canberra. I'd be up for a game, though I see that freaky here is from 2003 wink.gif
BGMFH
I am probably going to be spending a few days in Australia in May... On liberty as I finish out this deployment with the US Marines... all you old timers need to track me down and send me contact info to see if we can have a forum meet while I am in country.

goodwinjh@11meu.usmc.mil is the best contact for me these days.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012