Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Not Dead Yet
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ancient History
Hey y'all. As some of you might have noticed, I have - slowly, much more slowly than I'd like - been making incremental additions to The Ancient Files.

While not fully up-to-date yet, I've tackled two of the major hurdles - Shadows of Asia and System Failure. Hopefully, with the upcoming semester break and staying on top of the freelancer stuff, I'll finish updating the main site and get back to fixing a couple of my orphaned pages - like Atom Magic, Echoes of the Crash, and Metagenetics.

That said, if there's anything y'all'd like to see...speak up.
Aku
ahh hell..

i wanna see davier's saucy brown nips

:crazy:

sorry, i just cant help myself
PBTHHHHT
@whap at Aku.

Sorry, I can't help myself either. nyahnyah.gif

AH, I like what I see and right off the top of my head can't think of anything.
SL James
QUOTE (Aku @ Apr 23 2006, 05:37 PM)
ahh hell..

i wanna see davier's saucy brown nips

As soon as Black IC is invented, so many people are going to be stabbed in the face over the Internet.
FanGirl
So you're the one who puts these up! I've found pages from your site on Google, but never thought to trace them back to their source.

You, sir, are a god among mortals. notworthy.gif
toturi
No... he's just a million monkeys among mortals.
hyzmarca
He is a million monkey-gods.
PBTHHHHT
... a million monkey-gods... hey that means he has a million of those awesome staves, maybe he can lend a few out...
Ancient History
No.
emo samurai
BLACK HAMMER!!!!!! BLACK HAMMER!!!!!!!!!! BLACK HAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!
stevebugge
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Hey y'all. As some of you might have noticed, I have - slowly, much more slowly than I'd like - been making incremental additions to The Ancient Files.

While not fully up-to-date yet, I've tackled two of the major hurdles - Shadows of Asia and System Failure. Hopefully, with the upcoming semester break and staying on top of the freelancer stuff, I'll finish updating the main site and get back to fixing a couple of my orphaned pages - like Atom Magic, Echoes of the Crash, and Metagenetics.

That said, if there's anything y'all'd like to see...speak up.

Actually if at all possible some sort of compendium on the Horrors, their exploits, and their possible or theoretical Sixth World activity would be interesting. What are their goals? Do they have a hierarchy, or alliances, or are they all rivals? It seems some of the Horrors have already been active in the Sixth World (Aztechnology & Darke, Aina & Ysrgrathe) and if someone wanted to try to stat the Horrors out for SR4 that would be cool.
Ancient History
Actually if at all possible some sort of compendium on the Horrors, their exploits, and their possible or theoretical Sixth World activity would be interesting.

The latter is covered in the Shadowrun/Earthdawn crossovers.

if someone wanted to try to stat the Horrors out for SR4 that would be cool.

I haven't seen it done for SR4 yet, but you could try to adapt earlier conversions.
stevebugge
I was really hoping that if you had time a more Horror-centric distilled version could be made. And possibly including a bit more rampant speculation on their modern activities or aims.
Tiger Eyes
Arrgh! Metagenetics!!! I found that page, once upon a time, and now I can't remember where. ARRRGGHHH!!!

Could you please put the address for that link somewhere? Here? Or PM me? biggrin.gif Thanks for keeping my favorite SR site updated. Hopefully, in the future, you won't let college or other commitments (besides Freelancing) get in your way. grinbig.gif
mintcar
The Ancient Files are classic, as long as they can be found on the internet it doesn't matter if they never get updated again, they still won't be "dead". Not to say we don't appreciate you keeping up to date, AH.
Ancient History
QUOTE (Tiger Eyes)
Arrgh! Metagenetics!!! I found that page, once upon a time, and now I can't remember where. ARRRGGHHH!!!

Could you please put the address for that link somewhere? Here? Or PM me? biggrin.gif Thanks for keeping my favorite SR site updated. Hopefully, in the future, you won't let college or other commitments (besides Freelancing) get in your way. grinbig.gif

I took the links down to the Atom Magic, Metagenetics, and Echoes of the Crash pages because they're all seriously in need of revision. In the case of Metagenetics and Atom Magic, I want to do something more in-depth and with book-by-book references similar to what I've done with the Infected and the Invae. Echoes of the Crash needed a big makeover with System Failure, so I thought I might as well wait until SR4 came out before making the changes...which have kinda stalled.
Kremlin KOA
Hey AH, tell me, what do you think of the odds of a connection between Ristul and FAB3?
Ancient History
Minimal. FAB III Delta would eat Ristul.
Kagetenshi
I don't know about that—FAB III causes mana warps, after all.

~J
Ancient History
No, FAB III causes Voids. Tactical nuclear weapons set off within massive magical wards while approximately a thousand new insect spirits are being invested cause mana warps.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (MitS p85)
Mana warps may also occur in places where sacrificial metamagic is used over extended periods of time (see Blood Magic,p. 133). Strain-III FAB (p. 90) can also cause a warp in an area by completely draining the area of magical energy.

(Emphasis added)

~J
Ancient History
Draining the magical energy. It would eat Ristul, or at least lower the ambient mana level to a point where Ristul couldn't be manifest.
Kanada Ten
What, Ristul doesn't have the Sterilize spell? Isn't FAB III dual natured? Doesn't that mean it would take damage from the area it warps?
Ancient History
1) No idea. Maybe.
2) Yes.
3) One would assume that the FAB III, after depleting the area, would then vacate immediately. Or like humans, it might just overhunt it's area and starve to death. smile.gif
hyzmarca
Ristul has a Spellcasting step of 18 but cannot cast any spells, according to the stats in Horrors.

Of course, it would be difficult for FABIII to actually harm Ristul since it has a Wound Threshold of NA, an Unconsciousness Rating of NA, and a Death Rating of NA.

stevebugge
So the conclusion is that Ristul as a menu item is also NA?
Ancient History
Ristul is the sentient magical pollution of the world, more or less.
hyzmarca
Wether or not Ristul is Sentient is debatable. Parts of Ristul are sentient, certainly. Ristular retain whatever sentience they had before accepting its corruption and Nightwists can be sentient. The Mad Passions are arguably parts of Ristul and they certainly retained their sentience. But, as a whole, there is little evidence that Ristul opperates on anything but a combination of base instinct and the initiative of its diverse parts.

Furthermore, the many parts of Ristul sometimes act in opposition to each other rather than as part of a grand plan. This is most evident in the Mad Passions who work against Ristul even while being consumed by it.

Ancient History
I'd hardly qualify the Mad Passions as being part of Ristul. The Horror may well have been a prime factor in their corruption, but the tale of their "consumption" was supposition in Horrors.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012