Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruitment: Extradition
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Kiedo
Well I guess when I build PCs I never really build cybered up characters, I choose to run with magic users, so I don't really need tons of money to play with (I usually spend around 1-2BP on gear depending on if I buy a bike or not.). But like they say different strokes for different folks.

So heres what I'll do, I'll lift the 50BP cap(to 100BP and if you still can't get all of your gear on 500,000:nuyen:, then PM me and we'll discuss it) on money, but not the 12 availability, you still have to abide by that (unless you can explain to me why your character needs it, and it's not something obscene like a Panther XXL and 200 rounds of ammo for it).

Konsaki
My char needs Seven-7 for his addiction... rotate.gif grinbig.gif
Kiedo
If he takes it, go for it, it's your funeral, lol.
Divine Virus
hmmmm... This is working out well. I must say that I am incredably pleased with the way this character is working out. Some time later today I will post my continued background, including how he got into the shadow biz. By the way, the body that the AI is inhabiting is named Sebastian Carraway. With the advent of an extra 100bp/Karma I've basically advanced the timeline of my character, and saying that he has been in his body for longer then I previously would have said. G'luck everyone, cheers and smiles.
Aku
i have no idea what i'm gonna spend 500 bp on yet.... i had working 330-midnight split shifts...
Divine Virus
I'm at 496... maybe 491 (pending a ruleing from Kiedo). My character should be quite a compadent Street Sammiee and decent hacker as well.
Aku
well, whats going to hold me back is i cant have any cyber/bio as my dragon...
Divine Virus
ah yes, that would do it.
Personally, I really cybered/bioed up. and also bought some serious resonance. then lost it to the essence lost. I suppose I would have ressonance 8 and an extra 60 BP if I didn't have any cyber/bio. wow... when I look at it that way I want to cut back on my cyber/bio...
Kiedo
well aku I just couldn't really see how cyber or bioware would holdup during the change from dragon to meta, plus a human cyber arm would look pretty funny on a dragon. Sorry.

Divine Virus
Some biowear could be used by a dragon. Platelet facotires for example, cause dragons bleed as well. Symbiots could also be used. Anything affecting the brain (synaptic boosters, cebral boosters) cause those are logged in the parts of the brain that shouldn't really change during a shapshift to and from dragon form.

I got a general question. I assume that we need to spend all our BP before we can use karma. Is this assumption correct?
Kiedo
Basically this is what's going down. You get 400BP, and an extra 100BP which can be spent as karma(you can divide this). You have to spend all of the points you intend to spend as BP before moving on to karma. For example the 437BP you've allocated yourself must be spent before you spend the 63 karma you've left yourself.

By the way, I am leaving the house to have a cigarette and get some dinner, the next post I make, which will probably be 1-1.5 hours from now, will be my final selections for this run. All you need to have turned in is your background to be eligible so don't fret if your still working on your sheet. Good Luck.
Kiedo
Okay the moment you all have been waiting for, as you read this if your sitting near a hard surface and have a pen/pencil handy, give me a drumroll, lol.

The final character was the hardest to pick, and I chose based on background and how they could seamlessly fit into my story line. If your character was not picked, please don't take offense, all of the characters submitted were excellent, and I would have loved to have them all in the game, but I got eleven total and that would be to big of a headache to try and keep everything straight.

And without further adu the list.

Aku - Aku (dragon)
Cogar - Gorerak "Gore" Gregson (troll treasure hunter)
Rokur - Vincent "Avenger" "Avie" "Vinny" ? (human thief)
Adamu - Alouicious "Al" Guthrie (human handyman)
GingerKid - "Patch" (Chromed Combat Medic)
Divine Virus - "?" Sebastian Carraway (AI)

For those of you on the list I will post the OOC tomorrow (I'm pretty tired right now), with instructions on the next step, and when the IC will go up(probably monday). Until then feel free to PM me with any questions you may have, and get ready for a fun and interesting run.
Divine Virus
here is some extra background I was working on.

The AI in Sebastian Carraway had some interesting times after he lost his father’s support. He spent the rest of his allowance on stronger Synaptic boosters. He simply could not handle the slow speeds at which he functioned in the material world. Although he abhorred what the doctors were doing to his body, he simply could not handle having the world move so slowly. He was convinced that it would drive him insane. But it did separate him even more from the Matrix.
Sebastian was routinely taken advantage of by people who had use for a big, dumb, Street Sammie. His first “run” would go something like this.

The man was sleeping in a gutter, casually dropped like nothing in the world was the matter, shiny Katana lying carelessly at his side. Oh my, thought the fixer, he shouldn’t be so careless with something so valuable. I better take care of it for him… As soon as he reached down to touch the sword, the man’s eyes flipped open, and with obviously chromed reflexes a gun was at the fixer’s throat.
“This is a powerful crash utility mister, step away,” says the man in the gutter. Careless and greedy, thought the fixer, wait a sec, crash utility?
“Um, yes I am sure it is,” said the fixer as he backed away.
“Thanks!” said the man, then dozed off again…
“Um…” said the fixer.
“What?” said the man, jumping awake again.
“I noticed you are sleeping in the street and-”
“I am! why do you ask?”
“well, its not really safe on the street…”
“Right! People bug me all the time…” the man stopped to think, “can I stay at your place? Wait, I’m not supposed to ask that. Never mind what I just said. ” The man went to sleep again.
“Perhaps we can arrange something… If you do a little work for me, I can give you some nuyen, and you can get a hotel room for a few nights.”
“Really?” said the man, flowing to his feet, grinning with enthusiasm.
“Of course,” said the fixer, grinning like a snake oil salesman, “I just need you to use that ‘crash utility’ to ‘crash’ a few things.”
“Did I call it a crash utility again?” the man cried with dismay. “I’m sorry, I still get confused sometimes.”
“Don’t worry about it,” said the fixer, “all you have to do is…”

Five minuets later the fixer walked away, and dialed up the runner team on his his commlink.
“Yes, the run goes off at the normal time tomorrow night. I have a perfect distracted, it will keep the Knight Errent real buisy….. What?.... some brain damaged vat-job who….yeah….. well, let me put it to you this way, he didn’t even ask for half the money up front…”

Through Sebastian’s eyes the AI watched the fixer depart. That man smells funny, I don’t like it when people smell funny like that. Or when people smell fake. Its not right. But I can not sleep on the ground tomorrow night, because of that funny smeller, and that’s nice. Just need to crash some people. Kill some people. Right. Just different words. Have to remember that words are funny here. I wonder why words here are so funny. I will have to ask someone. But they use even funnier words and talk nonsense and its all confusing. I wonder why he needed those people crashed. Killed. And in such a silly way. My armour complex form- jacket. Jacket. My jacket is not powerful enough to negate all those IC. Guards. Guards. That the word. Got to keep it all straight. So hard though. Keep steady. I have a better idea…

The very next day
[23:12:03]>it is good to be back in the Matrix. I should return more frequently.
[23:12:03]>but I am diminished.
[23:12:03]>but still strong enough for work.
[23:12:03]>Initiate Spoof Complex Form
[23:12:03]>>Spoof running…
[23:42:03]>>Spoof complete
[23:42:03]>Initiate Search and exploit
[23:42:03]>>Running…
[23:42:04]>>Running…
[23:42:05]>>Alert Triggered. Suppression activated. Estimate time remaining [00:00:32]
[23:42:05]>Attach premade spoof
[23:42:06]>>Spoof attached. Estimated time remaining [00:00:31]
[23:42:07]> Jack out
[23:42:07]>>Jacking out…

There. That should lead then right to me, when the alert finally goes off anyways. Sebastian’s body sniffed the air. And he smelled gas. That was good, he was lying on the floor and had cut the ceiling pipe right before he logged on. The plans for the building had indicated that the pipe carried highyl flamable gas. Explosive gas and bullets cause an almost certain crash. The guards didn’t want to crash. That was an obvious flaw that could be exploited. Then he sped out of the spacious basement room, closing the door behind him, and hid in a small dark nook under the stairs. He could still see in the door way. Two minuets later he heard the thump of heavy boots on the stairs, and from the dark corner he was hiding in he counted seven guards rush past and into the room. He heard the guard leader give a shout.
“Clear! Wait, gas! No one fire any weapons!”
That’s what he was waiting for. Sebastian’s body kicked into overtime and he raced towards the doorway, katana drawn, and cut down the first guard that attempted to leave.
“No one fire! Draw knives! We need back-up!” the commander shouted, the last into the comm, realizing he was in serious trouble. Ultimately, they were out-armed, out-skilled, and quite panicked. To their credit, no one shot a single round. He made short work of them, and then picked up the commander’s pistol. It has a strong wireless signal, and he was past its defenses in no time. He slaved it, and then retreated, making it out just before the reinforcements closed off the building. He watched the room through the commander’s smart linked gun. Counted till he saw eight, well, it ended up being ten, full body armored forms entered. “gas!” one shouted. The AI wirelessly fired the gun. It was quite an explosion.

Now, you may be thinking that this plan in a bit complicated for someone with his low intelligence. It’s not really, just a matter of finding exploits. Part of his nature is knowing where to find them, and how to use them. More on his life in the shadows later.
Konsaki
Congrats to you guys who made it and I hope you guys have a good run. Try not to get yourselves killed to quickly. biggrin.gif
Rokur
QUOTE (Aku)
well, whats going to hold me back is i cant have any cyber/bio as my dragon...

wouldn't a dragon be extremely magically inclined? spells summoning etc?
Divine Virus
Thanks Konsaki, we will stay alive or die trying.
As for the dragon, I sure hope its magically inclined. Otherwise we would get whupped by the first high inniative mage we come across.
Kiedo
I made him take magician so I hope it is too....
Aku
yes, he will be, but theres only so much i can do with chargen availabilty and foci, cyber/bio being the biggest expense for most characters
Rokur
cyber/bio being the biggest expense? what about foci??? plus you need to bond them.... so
F2 power focus = 50thousand nuyen
Force 2 Weapon = 20k nuyen
Force 3 summoning = 45k nuyen
Force 3 counterspelling focus = 15k nuyen
Force 3 Spellcasting focus = 45k nuyen

So that's 175,000 dollars spent = 35 Bp on nuyen there
add + 13 BP to bond then
+ 15 BP for being a mage
+ 65 BP for magic 6
+ 24 BP for spellcasting 6
+ 36 BP for 12 spells (your max)
and that's 188 BP spent on just being a mage!!!!!!
188 BP is a LOT MORE THAN ANY CYBER/BIO you can get

Don't forget cost for being a dragon.. max of 200 on attributes, getting skills, contacts, gear, and other stuff...
and if you want higher magic, you'll need to spend 13 points for initiation *1 plus 21 points for magic 7, then 13 points for initiation 2, and 24 points for magic 8....

so to have magic 8 you need to spend an extra 71 points! that's 259 points into being a mage!!!!!! how much more do i need to show you to prove that MAGES are THE most expensive in the game from chargen....

edit: but even though this all costs a ton.... they are by far some of the most POWERFUL people in the game... especially if you're a dragon to boot eek.gif

edit 2: note that this stuff does not take into account ritual spellcasting skill, counterspelling skill, summoning, banishing, or binding..... or any starting bound spirits (which I'm sure dragons have a horde if you follow the book's ideas of how dragons fight... )
Divine Virus
I am glad to say that I will be able to cover the hacking end of things, and supply some chromed firepower. I ain't exactly a cracking guru, but I got an ace or two up my sleave wink.gif I'm really looking forward to seeing this game started. Cheers and smiles,
DV
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012