Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR4 FAQ
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
coolgrafix
Since official answers to rule questions are infrequent to non-existent in the forums, seems like it's time for an official SR4 FAQ. I realize I'm stating the obvious, and it's probably in the works somewhere, but just thought I'd bring up the topic to get folks thinking about it.

In lieu of a FAQ, is it appropriate to send rules questions to the SR email addresses on the main site? I'm assuming no one really has the time to field the community's questions on minutia (ala the old Dragon Magazine "Answer Man"), but it can't hurt to ask I guess.

Edit: Also, is there an SR4 FAQ somewhere that I've just missed? Suppose I should have asked that first. =)
Kanada Ten
Info@shadowrunrpg.com will probably still work for rule questions.
stevebugge
I would think that if you're really stuck on a rule and want an official answer than using the link on the http://www.shadowrunrpg.com/resources/faq.shtml page. Or email to info@shadowrunrpg.com Rob does take time to answer these emails, and my guess is when he answers the same question enough times it will make the FAQ. Now I'm not advocating spamming the email with stupid questions, thats not likely to get as an update for the FAQ any faster. Your other option is to post questions here, cross you fingers and hope for an answer that helps.
Elve
So what happens to your cyber and bioware if use the shapechange spell?
mfb
it basically disappears for the duration of the spell. you still have it, but you can't use it. whether or not it still shows up on cyberware scans is not answered in any rulebook i'm aware of.
Elve
the disappearnce doesn't show up in my rulebook either
blakkie
But do you like that ruling? Does it make sense to you and the others at your table? If so just use a pencil to write it in your rulebook.

Welcome to SR4. smile.gif
mdynna
Don't be dependent on "official" rulings. Discuss the problem with your players, make a decision, write it down (if you like). After that you move on. I'm sure there will be "official" clarifications in the future, but until then, everyone is dealing with it.

Keep in mind everyone that (now I'm going to start an argument with this statement) SR3 was a fairly "mature" system. It had years and several supplements to iron out all of the "bugs." Now, I came in during the SR2 period and watched the game evolve over SR3. Things were radically different between those 2 editions. Heck, one of the biggest reasons for SR3 was to incorporate VR2.0 and Rigger into the "standard" rules. SR4 was a big change. I'm not sure if there has been this significant of a change since the game was first released. Like it or not, it is going to take some time (and a few products) to work everything out. I wouldn't be surprised if some future books (like Unwired) released the kind of radical "total rules replacement" that we saw with VR2.0 and Rigger.
mfb
that's what happened in previous editions. i suppose they might decide that your cyberware works while you're under the effects of transformation manipulations, now, or that it rips itself from your body while you scream when the spell is cast on you. but i doubt it.
GrinderTheTroll
QUOTE (blakkie)
But do you like that ruling? Does it make sense to you and the others at your table? If so just use a pencil to write it in your rulebook.

Welcome to SR4. smile.gif

Amen brutha.
Shrike30
QUOTE (mfb)
that's what happened in previous editions. i suppose they might decide that your cyberware works while you're under the effects of transformation manipulations, now, or that it rips itself from your body while you scream when the spell is cast on you. but i doubt it.

Well, there goes the quickest way *I* could think of to kill cyber-badasses...
mfb
meh. transformation manips are hard to do on sams, with that high body they have. much easier to cast Turn to C12 on the mage (low body, low threshold!) and cast a force 2D elemental manip (fire/air) at them. the sam is usually guarding the mage, so he'll be right there at ground zero.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012