Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AutoNAV!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kanada Ten
Pentagon's robotic challenge: Dodge little old ladies, lead foots

"We believe the robotics community is ready to tackle vehicle operation inside city limits," DARPA director Tony Tether said in a statement...

Go future! Go!
mfb
i hope they don't take their cues from SR3 autonav. useful stuff--right up until you actually need it.
Cray74
QUOTE (mfb)
i hope they don't take their cues from SR3 autonav. useful stuff--right up until you actually need it.

How so?
Lindt
Under a combat situation it ADDS its rating to your handeling.
Cray74
QUOTE (Lindt)
Under a combat situation it ADDS its rating to your handeling.

Yep, figured that. Anything else? I feel like I'm missing some rule about autonav.
Lindt
Thats the big one. R3r 127, which referances Sr3 134-138.
Aku
but in some ways, i can see why they made it that way. I use robotic cameras where i work, and i can tell you, it can be tricky to make an adjustment to a preprogrammed move
James McMurray
AutoNAV is designed to protect you from yourself. That's why it was a penalty when you tried to start doing things that weren't within it's safety parameters. Most people would just drive and let their autonav do its job. Anyone really good at driving (i.e. a rigger) should always deactivate his AutoNAV, especially before going into a combat situation.
mfb
eh, the thing is, what if you're just trying to not get killed? you're driving 100% defensively, while some other jerk tries to run you off the road. i think you should get the dice in that situation, because keeping you from wrecking horribly is exactly what the autonav is there for. or on crash tests--you should definitely get the dice on crash tests.
James McMurray
It depends on if your reaction is the same as the autonav's. If it is, then you're both just doing the same thing, so probably shouldn't get the full bonus. FI it's different then you're moving at cross purposes and should get the penalty.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012