Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who owns Translatvia?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
fistandantilus4.0
I've been using Novatech/Neotnet for a while in my campaign, and was thinking of starting a series of runs for Villiers to try to get this slice of his corporate baby back. It's presented as them having someone in particular as the "mastermind" behind Translatvia, but basically I'm pretty clueless on this one. Anyone know who's supposed to be behind it? I'm afraid I may be missing something obvious.
SL James
It's never said. Could be anyone. There's a suspect mentioned in System Failure, but personally I think it's Samantha Villiers.
fistandantilus4.0
But didn't she say in SysFlr that she was thinking of selling her stock to whom ever was in charge of Translatvia? He called here bitch for it (Mentally). Or do you think that it was her idea of a joke? I'd always thought it was a family member , like his brother that has his own little corp.
SL James
Yeah, because it's beyond the realm of a corporate shark to lie to someone (Actually, it wouldn't be lying so much as omitting certain facts).
mfb
heh. that could be why he calls her a bitch. "bitch is muscling in on my company again! damn, she's hot."
fistandantilus4.0
That's what I was thinking after James suggested it.

James: I would think that Richard would know who it was. After all, he 'sold' the person the stock so that it wouldn't be noticed when he was jumping ship from Fuchi. He was pissed because they broke the deal and didn't sell it back. It sure could be Samantha, I just hadn't gotten that from the context when I read it originally. It's an interesting idea.
mfb
and it would explain why they can't stay married. neither of them is willing to put their career second.

incidentally, i'd just like to say the Richard Villiers is the best SR NPC ever. he doesn't have any magical powers or secret backers or great dragons giving him stuff, he's just an asshole. and his assholitude has made him one of SR's major movers and shakers. that's awesome.
fistandantilus4.0
completely agree on both. I do think it's weird that their daughter Carla went from being a wannabe shadowrunner to a corp business woman somewhere between Corporate Download ('60 IIRC) and System Failure ('64).

SL James
QUOTE (mfb @ May 4 2006, 01:47 AM)
incidentally, i'd just like to say the Richard Villiers is the best SR NPC ever. he doesn't have any magical powers or secret backers or great dragons giving him stuff, he's just an asshole. and his assholitude has made him one of SR's major movers and shakers. that's awesome.

Funny. It only took you six months to agree with me on that.

Anyway

I also admire the suggestion that she may be playing Damien Knight and Lucien Cross. That takes massive brass balls.

But, yeah.

QUOTE (SF @ 30)
“I know,” she said. “But I bet I could find some bank out there somewhere willing to give me a loan on my shares. Maybe in Latvia.” She winked and turned to leave.

That's about as vague as one can get. (Speaking of brass balls, since she's talking about using TLE to buy Renraku). It is very interesting that it is either so obvious or so ridiculous that Samantha would be behind TLE that no one even mentions her, which seems odd.
WyldKarde
Am I the only one who read the topic title and thought "Victor von Doom"?

...I'll get me coat.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012