Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: T-Bolt T-Bird
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Mike DF
So, I was goofing around with trying to figure out the vehicle rules for Rigger 3. And after a day of flipping to and fro through the rules this is what I came up with. I decided to make a tank killer and ground support craft in the tradition of the Republic P-47 Thunderbolt and its descendant, the A-10 Thunderbolt (AKA the Wart Hog.) After all the work, figured I might as well throw it out here and see what everyone, (or at least everyone who sees this thread) has to say.

Thunderbolt III

Handling 4 Speed 250/900 Acceleration 45 Body 6 Armor 22 Signature 4 Autonavigation 2 Sensor 8 Cargo 17 Load 3,756 Seating 1e Entry 1c Fuel 10,000 litres Economy .1 km/l S/B - L/T VSTOL +10% Chassis Thunderbird SI YR Availability NA Cost 5,630,000$.

Other Features: CMC 6, Drive-by-Wire 1, Structural Agility 1, Rigger Adaption, Enviro Seal, 10 hours life support, Thermal Baffles 2, Internal Hardpoint, 2 CF worth of ammo, Gunnery Recoil Adjustment 9, Heavy Launch Control System, 2 Medium Launch Control Systems, 2 Reinforced Missile Mounts, 4 Standard Missile/ Rocket Mounts, ECM 7 ECCM 7

So, there you go. Likely armed with a Victory Autocannon, though I'm considering ripping out the Recoil Adjustment and going with a rail or naval gun of some sort. Did most of this by hand, so the math may be off a bit. Still working out the fluff, thinking of going in later and adding some with shadowtalk and the whole shebang, but can't think of any right now. Not something a runner'll ever see, but I had fun doing it, so what the heck?

Kanada Ten
Can Thunderbirds have Drive-By-Wire? I thought it was just for ground vehicles...

I like it. Sort of a vector thrust missile platform. Very Battletech.
If you keep the cannon or gun, I'd get a turret for it.
Stormdrake
Sounds very cool. Do the Rigger 3 rules lend themselves to making boats?
Mike DF
Can Thunderbirds have Drive-By-Wire? I thought it was just for ground vehicles...

It doesn't mention that that is the case so I assumed that Drive-by-Wire is a generic name they used for any such system. Might be wrong though.

As for the turret idea, I'm considering an updated version with a chin turret. Will likely wait until I figure out the fluff. I just need to figure out who'll likely own the company that made the first two in 3063. Not having much luck in searches on them. Then again, its not totally necessary, as an aerial platform moving 900 meters in 3 seconds can likely choose whatever position it wants to come in at against your average ground combatant. As for going up against faster aerial vehicles where such is no longer the case, that's not really what it's designed for. Have to mull it over.

Do the Rigger 3 rules lend themselves to making boats?

You'd have to ask someone else. Like I said, this is the first I've tried to create anything with the design rules. Though there is stuff in the book to build boats and ships, so I'd assume so.
Frag-o Delux
You can make just about any vehicle with the R3 rules. Some things like main battle tanks you can't for now but I heard they are going to make it availible on the offical site soon. Some vehicles I found you have to use some creavtive descriptions or number fudging with the GM's permission. But I have made hundreds of vehicles from little scooters to huge battle ships that can launch helicopters and other VTOLs. Some things were practicle others just whims of fantasy, I made a walking helicopter from an anime, I think it was Appleseed or Bubblegum Crisis. It was a one man chopper with legs so it can crawl around on the ground. I just used the drone chassis with a bucket eat and controls added to it with beefy arms to carry the thing around. It was exspensive as all hell but a fun toy to play with.
Okay even though I loved making vehicles and seeing all sorts of things. Try making a non upgrading start nothing but the vehicle van. Ohh is that dirt cheap and doesn't have much of anything.
Adarael
Considering Drive-By-Wire was developed out of Fly-By-Wire techology, I'd assume you could make it work in a t-bird. I mean, I don't see any reason why it *couldn't*.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012