Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: yes... Oh yes (Video game teasing)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Caine Hazen
http://www.fasastudio.com/portal.htm

Looks like there should be something known soon!
emo samurai
Is there even a link on the site?
FanGirl
No, but the source code for the page contains the word "XBox," and E3 is next week.
ChuckRozool
That's an awsome page on at least two different levels.
First, it hints at an upcoming Shadowrun video game and second, it's a wonderful size comparisson chart.
This might be lame but I like it for the latter reason.
Synner
QUOTE (FanGirl)
No, but the source code for the page contains the word "XBox," and E3 is next week.

About a year ago now, an artist/modeler working on the project let slip in an unrelated interview that FASA Studios (Microsoft) was working on an SR title for the new XBox. Rumor had it as a FPS game and that it was one of the big releases MS had planned. Little has been forthcoming since, although it's a safe bet they're prepping something for E3 if they've got that up.
emo samurai
I think this lack of open marketing is just so people talk about it; viral marketing!
BookWyrm
The silhouettes are, from what I can tell, a Human (Street Samurai?), a Troll, an Elf & a Dwarf. No clue what the actual archetypes are. My interest is now piqued.
ChuckRozool
no orc though... guess they figured the troll was big enough for the both them. (the orc & troll)
langolas
If they do come out with it for a console, I might have to break down and actually buy a modern game system wink.gif I'll have to see the reviews and such first though.

I do dig the size comparision though. That troll is a corn fed boy . ..
blakkie
I wouldn't expect it to get a huge amount of press run though. I don't expect much to be heard from the Microsoft complex that manages to rise above the high pitched squeals of the fanbois as they show off the Halo 3 demo.

P.S. Maybe the actual model will look better, but i can't say the outline of that Troll does much for me. The size is fine, it is primarily the head/horn region that throws me. It just strikes me as Minotaurish or something.
Fresno Bob
I was also under the impression that Trolls were much taller than that.
Squinky
QUOTE (blakkie)
I wouldn't expect it to get a huge amount of press run though. I don't expect much to be heard from the Microsoft complex that manages to rise above the high pitched squeals of the fanbois as they show off the Halo 3 demo.

P.S. Maybe the actual model will look better, but i can't say the outline of that Troll does much for me. The size is fine, it is primarily the head/horn region that throws me. It just strikes me as Minotaurish or something.

Agreed, I looked at that and thought "Hey look, they turned Trolls into Tauren".
mmu1
QUOTE (Voorhees)

They are, but it makes sense to make them shorter (and bulk them up instead, to still convey the appropriate feeling of size) in a video game, in order to make things like level design easier.
emouse
Might memory might be delusional, or I might be delusionally hopeful, but as I recall, Bungie thanked FASA Studios in the end credits of Halo 2. Bungie and FASA Studios are both owned by MS. Now, I'm sure there was a certain degree of 'these guys need help to meet this deadline' going on, but I'm thinking there could even be some degree of 'well, we have this perfectly good engine to build on'... a Shadowrun game built from the Halo 2 engine? Recompiled and updated to work natively on the 360? If they had a base engine to start with, it's that much more time for gameplay and feature development. I guess I know what I'll be checking the E3 news for!
Chance359
Once again orks get the shaft.
Thanee
QUOTE (Voorhees @ May 6 2006, 03:19 AM)

They are 'only' 2.5m tall. The size seems to fit that.

Bye
Thanee

P.S. That Silhoutte really looks a bit like a Tauren, yeah. biggrin.gif
blakkie
QUOTE (Thanee)
P.S. That Silhoutte really looks a bit like a Tauren, yeah. biggrin.gif

Or a toadstool/conehead robot with horns. wobble.gif There is zero neck visible, not even a hint of a crease. That's it! Trolls joined orcs in shaftville, and that is in fact some wierd Dr. Whoish homonoid shaped battle robot prototype from Ares. dead.gif

*gives head a shake* Woah, did i just channel JamesSL there? wink.gif
emo samurai
You haven't killed anybody yet, so I'd say no.wink.gif
Tanka
Got the scoop here already.

Good to know it's being talked about elsewhere, though.
Austere Emancipator
If the human (figure on the left) is 1.75m tall, then the troll is ~2.45-2.5m. And weighs something like 450-650kg (1.4 as tall, 2.5 times as wide) sans minigun.
emo samurai
I'm assuming this isn't a simple run-and-shoot, if they're showing different metatypes and stuff. Of course, I could be simply grasping in the dark.
Aku
weapon selection could be linked to metatype (some how) and it still be a run and shoot.
emo samurai
nnnnooooooo!!!!!!!!
Sean Bad
Regarding the Tauren-esque troll:

All joking aside, it looks like maybe the troll design was Blizzard-ized, for lack of a better word. That could be the silhouette of a troll with very, very bad posture and/or osteoporosis. Anybody ever notice that every single Horde race in WoW is a hunchback? :P
Tanka
Because being evil leads to poor posture, bad eating habits, smoking, drinking to excess and sexual deviancy!
Grinder
I love it! biggrin.gif
Squinky
QUOTE (Sean Bad)
Regarding the Tauren-esque troll:

All joking aside, it looks like maybe the troll design was Blizzard-ized, for lack of a better word. That could be the silhouette of a troll with very, very bad posture and/or osteoporosis. Anybody ever notice that every single Horde race in WoW is a hunchback? nyahnyah.gif

Yes, thats why when I played WOW I just couldn't play horde. The hunchback thing bothered me so much, that I even stooped to trying to play a female version of that troll I had longed to play forever.....

Didn't last long, I logged on an an Orc guy started dancing near me and said he loved red-heads. Freaked me out to much...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012