Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Propabilites explained
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Serbitar
I dont know if this has been done before, but I have just computed some pobability charts. Might come in handy for a GM.

1st: Probablity to reach or exceed a certain treshold y
2nd: Probability to win or dra with x dice in an opposed test versus y dice
3rd: Probability to win in an opposed test versus y dice

find it here: http://www.serbitar.de/stuff/probabilities.pdf

All possiblities from 1-12 dice.
Shrike30
Interesting. Just a suggestion... would you mind doing another version with the odds expressed as fractions (probably capping out at 3 digits, meaning that once you get past, say, 99/100 or 1/100, there's no real reason to express that it's actually 1/7835792, or that what's actually 4235236/10000000 could be expressed as 42/100?
emo samurai
Awesome work. I'm afraid of sounding too demanding, but could you get them for higher dice pools? Like, up to 20? My group will need them.
Serbitar
QUOTE (Shrike30)
Interesting. Just a suggestion... would you mind doing another version with the odds expressed as fractions (probably capping out at 3 digits, meaning that once you get past, say, 99/100 or 1/100, there's no real reason to express that it's actually 1/7835792, or that what's actually 4235236/10000000 could be expressed as 42/100?

@Shrike30: Sorry, I dont get it, it is already expressed in fractions.

@emo samurai: Hm, maybe I can put the excel sheet with the calculations her, so you can just type in the numbers and read off the pobabilities. Im brining it into a decent shape and post it here.
Austere Emancipator
He means fractions as in numerical representations which show the quotient function, as opposed to decimal figures as they are now.

It's now: 0,33333; 0,55555; etc.
He wants to see: 1/3; 5/9; etc.
Thanee
If you just want fractions of hundred, then those are rather easy to get from decimal numbers. wink.gif

0.4224634564356 ~> 42/100

Bye
Thanee
Serbitar
Ah I see. Hmm. Dont know if I can make excel do this. I can multiply everything with 100, though, to get percent values . . .
Thanee
I would give percentage numbers with one decimal place, like 99.4%.

Bye
Thanee
emo samurai
Thank you!
Serbitar
Ok, Ive done an excel sheet that calculates:

treshold tests (probability to achieve the treshold, to glitch, to achieve at least one of serveral tests, to acheive all tests)
opposed tests (probability to wind or draw, probability to win an opposed test)
extended test (enter dice and number of tries, get complete dice roll history, automatically calculated total hits, total hits are reduced by D6 if glitched, test is cancelled if critically glitched)

http://www.serbitar.de/stuff/probabilities.xls (shoudl work with open office, too)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012