Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Knockdown and astral combat.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
emo samurai
If a character is engaging another in astral combat and his meat body's hit by a third character with enough physical damage for knockdown, is his astral form knocked down? And what does knockdown do?
Aaron
QUOTE (emo samurai)
If a character is engaging another in astral combat and his meat body's hit by a third character with enough physical damage for knockdown, is his astral form knocked down? And what does knockdown do?

In order:

No, there is no kinetic connection between the astral and physical bodies.

It forces you to spend a Simple Action to get back up. You can stay down, but there are associated penalties.
Konsaki
And bonuses since you are now prone. Your attacker gets a negative to hit you with ranged if determined to be far enough away that you being prone makes you less of a target.
emo samurai
But if you're dealt 9P while in astral, shouldn't you, like, cough or something? Have a delayed action on the astral?
Aaron
QUOTE (emo samurai)
But if you're dealt 9P while in astral, shouldn't you, like, cough or something? Have a delayed action on the astral?

Sure. You get knocked back a bit. But since you're not actually standing, but floating, and you can travel across the globe nigh-instantly, the overall effect is actually negligible.

Your meat body might start bleeding out of its ears or something, I suppose. But it's not going to suddenly fly across the room.
James McMurray
Unless of course you, as GM, want it to. It sounds kinda cool to me, and would also let the other players know something's up.
emo samurai
It was a surprise for me. It was like, "Okay, Vranton just pulled every insect spirit in the room towards him with his manaball; Moloko, do you want to run over to where the insect shamans are investing people and kill them while they're in the throes of ritual?" And then I remembered to tell him that one of the mages went astral and was just lying there, possibly about to blast Vranton with a f6 manabolt. So he punched the living hell out of the shaman with his Critical Strikex6 and got, like, 9 damage on him with one initiative pass.
fool
effects on the physical body like moving it do nothing to the astral body. IIRC the physical body can die without effecting the astral body until it is time for the astral body to return at which point the mage is s.o.l.
Apathy
But wound modifiers still effect the astral character, right? or was that just in SR3?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012