Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Blood Drive
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Musashi Forever
Hello to Sicarius, Kiedo, and Chance359! Please use this thread for anything you guys want to discuss OOC before and during the game gets started. Sorry that it is taking longer than anticipated, I've been down with some sort of flu for the last couple days.

Anyway. I think that your characters will work well together, it will be fun to have two troll-ish characters together like this. One thing that I am concerned about is that there is no magic user other than an Adept. Do you want to try it like this, have me NPC you up some magic support, or should I put out a call for a mage/shaman character on the board? It's up to you and I am game for either.

Whatever happens I should have the IC thread up by Saturday. Let me know what you think.
Chance359
I wouldn't mind having another player. I agree we'll probably need more magic. I vote for another player first and NPC second.
Musashi Forever
Although you all have good characters would any of you like to make a mage? I'll wait for everyone to check in and if we haven't reached another solution I'll post a call for magic users.
Kiedo
I've been wanting to play this character ever since I bought SRC, so I'll pass on the mage option smile.gif.

But my vote also goes to another player, though that decision is entirely up to you.

I'm looking forward to running this, my character isn't really a shadowrunner, he's maybe done one or two, but nothing to write home about, so this will be an interesting roleplaying expirence (since I usually play a stouter character who's very expirenced, but most times still a troll, I'm not to sure they why, but that's just always how it works out).
Sicarius
If we can get a character to join us that would be good, but i wouldn't want to wait to terribly long. maybe we could put a standing call out, and than mix them in when they join us?
Musashi Forever
Ok, the call for amage has been posted and I have gotten one response, but no character yet.

Expect an IC thread over the weekend.
Kiedo
Excellent, this sounds fun, esecially since we need a mage, smile.gif
Sicarius
The suspense is killing me!
Musashi Forever
Bad news everyone. My laptop's power cord is no longer supplying power to my computer. There is a chance that it will be fixed this weekend, but I am not sure. I won't be able to start the game this weekend. I'm sorry. I will update you all later.
Blitz
That works for me actually..gives me another 2 days to finalize my character smile.gif
Musashi Forever
Ok guys I am back. I will be making the final choice on our mage this evening and I will have IC rolling by Wednesday at the latest.

Blitz: That means you need to get your character submission to me ASAP.

Let's Rock! cool.gif
Sicarius
yeah, if its not Asap, I vote we put a mage-mask on him, and lead him around on a chain.

"Bring out the Mage!"

"But the mage is sleeping..?"

"Well than wake him up!" rotate.gif
Musashi Forever
Ok, Shadow is going to be playing our mage. His character is named Trace and Shadow should be saying hi to you all here sometime today.

IC Thread will be up by tonight. Thanks again for your patience.

FYI: No signatures in the IC thread please.
Kiedo
Sweet, I've been itching to get "trolled out", lol.
Shadow
Hey all, I hope I don't dissapoint.
Musashi Forever
All right everyone. IC is up. I can't promise to update every day, but I will be as active as possible.

Hope you all enjoy it. cool.gif
Kiedo
Do you want me to roll to adjust the carb? He's not fixing anything just trying to make it sound like a harley again.
Sicarius
Perception Test for the inside of the bar:

[ Spoiler ]

Musashi Forever
QUOTE (Kiedo)
Do you want me to roll to adjust the carb? He's not fixing anything just trying to make it sound like a harley again.

Don't worry about it. That was a good bit of roleplaying/storytelling.
Chance359
Perception test for the bar: 3,3,4,8
Sicarius
I don't mean to be a douchebag, but would it be advisable if we all wrote in the same voice? (ie: First or Third person). Shadow I thought your post was killer, but i'll be honest and say got confused cause it was in 1st person. Maybe its already been mentioned in a PM, but i wanted to see what people thought?
Musashi Forever
Hmmm, yeah. I didn't think of that. I have always used third person myself, but I'll leave it up to you.

Also, sorry for the stop and start nature of this game so far. If you'll all bear with me a little longer I think that we'll get the kinks ironed out.
Shadow
Sorry Sic. Trac is the only character I ever write in frist person. He's a noir type detective so it seemed to make sense that he narrate the story.

If it is to distracting I can try for 3rd. Let me know.
Sicarius
far be it from me to rain on anybody's parade Shadow. Do what ya feel. If I don't like it, I can get bent. grinbig.gif

On an unrelated note, my local wireless station/coffee shop/hippie joint blocks the IC page for Blood Drive.

Congratulations Mush. If you get censored you must be doing something right.
Kiedo
@sicarius Lol.

Poor Grendel, he doesn't know anything about being a shadowrunner. I'm actually glad that you didn't introduce yourself, there is a rather large person from Icarus' past named Buzz, by pure coincidence, and that might have put a bad taste in his mouth...

And as a side note, I like shadow's potrayal of his character, make it kind of edgy.
Shadow
Trace is gonna chil in the room till the meeting starts. A few minutes beofre the time he will switch to astral perception to check things out.
Shadow
Astral Perception (Aura Reading):

08 05 04 02
Kiedo
Grendel is all naturale, lol.

He's an adept if you rolled good enough, I've forgotten what that requires to notice.
Shadow
Are you masking? If your not masking then you can't hide it. If you are then I probably wont notice as Trace is not initiated.

And I was making a general comment, not anything specific. Like, the elf is heavily cybered or anything.

Kiedo
no I'm not initiate either, so no masking.
Shadow
Sucks, but it's obvious to the world pretty much just by looking at you in astral. The good news is only one percent of the population can look into astral space.

Thats 2.7 million people in North America.
Kiedo
If he could, I'd have him check you out back, but sadly, no astral perception, it seems over priced to me, which it did go down as of SR4, but I think that's just because you have to buy each point of magic.
Kiedo
Yeah, I'm the troll, lol.
Shadow
AP on Adepts is pretty much waisted anyways.

Sorry I thought you were the Elf, just a little confused. I will edit the post.
Kiedo
No, that's cool, I had to go back and edit mine too, had a nice retrospective of wondering if I was a troll or not.
Sicarius
Buzz has no cyberware, very heavy on the bioware, and no magic.
Shadow
Bioware has the same effect on your body that cyberware does, dark streakes etc.

I thought you guys were lacking in the magic arena?>
Kiedo
No, just lacking in offensive skills, lol
Shadow
Listen guys, I would appreciate it if you toned down the passive aggressive behavior.

Of course he is saying does anyone know why we are here, why would he say anything else?

And please, if you want to be insulting to the character, say it out loud. No need to mince words here, give the player a chance to either respond, or explain his actions.

Icarus looked dumbfounded at trace. he can't be serious, it's for a shadowrun stupid.

This is an example of what I am talking about. To me this is unacceptable, its inflammatory, and derogative.

Can you see how this is unnecessarily upsetting?
Kiedo
Well, Icarus has very little knowledge of shadowruning, so a question like that seems silly to him, I mean it in no offense, it's just fluff to establish the type of person Icarus is. He doesn't understand alot of what's going on around him, this being his first shadowrun, but he thinks he knows everything.

Plus it sounded alot funnier when I typed it, I had no idea you'd get angry about it. If I'm understanding Icarus correctly, he actually likes Trace, because he shook his hand, which to Icarus is a sign of honorable conduct.

So I appologize if I have offended you, that was not my intention. I intended it to show the complete lack of knowledge my character has about what he's getting into. He's not a jaded hardcore runner, but a fresh, green culinary artist with a vendetta.

[edit]
Also you'll notice that after I said:

he can't be serious, it's for a shadowrun stupid.

I had a small innermonolgue, exploring Icarus' train of thought.

Maybe he's not all there. Or maybe he want's to know what KIND of shadowrun, yeah that makes more sense. Well maybe it's a... wait what kind of shadowruns are there? Well stealing things, and breaking things, and killing things, that's about all they do on the trid. Better play the tough silent type

But if it makes you feel better, I edited out the word stupid. It seems less insulting that way, but still establishs the lack of knowledge my character would have. I'm not going to remove the monologue completely, if it still offends, since that's censorship, and censorship is just as inflamitory as any insult I can think of off hand.

Again sorry, I did not mean to offend anyone, just establish a believable character.
[/edit]
Shadow
Hey guys, I am going to put posting on this thread on hold till Mushashi posts. He hasn't posted in this game, or Sect in over a week.
Sicarius
I agree we should probably hold off. After all, its a little unrealistic to have characters reciting war and peace in the ten seconds before the Johnson shows up.
Kiedo
Yeah, I agree too.
Musashi Forever
Hey guys,

Sorry for dropping out. I had to go out to the jungle again for a few days and when I got home work swamped me. Sorry for not giving you a head's up.

I really like all the interaction between the characters, good role playing all around.

I have decided to open up another slot in the game. Blitz will be joining up as another magic user. So you meat shields will have another person to have to stand in front of.

If you all are ready, I will advance time a little and the johnson will enter the scene. Blitz character may not be there for the meeting, but will joint hte game soon afterwards.

Again, I'm sorry about this. I am serious about the game and I appreciate you all rolling with the delays.
Blitz
Im ready and waiting..just need some sort of intro to get her in smile.gif
Shadow
Cool, glad to see you back Mushashi.

Welcome aboard Blitz smile.gif
Musashi Forever
All right. I will make the Johnson's entrance now and will provide an in for Blitz character after the meeting.
Musashi Forever
Ok, Johnson just explained the job a little more. Re-reading my post I can see that some of my grammar may make his little speech unclear. If you need any clarification but don't want your runner to look like a moron, please ask me here. cool.gif
Shadow
Negotiations

09 05 04 03 02

Usually negotiations go up a set amount per success, so I didn't want to specify a specific amount, I am just going to leave that for you.
Musashi Forever
Good roll Shadow, you bought the team a few more thousand each.

Johnson's new post is up. cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012