Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: R3 Vehicle Legality
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Fu-Man Chu
I was trying to figure out a good vehicle for a Rigger character I was making and so I began flipping through R3 (which I've had but never really looked through). Anyways, as I was trying to think of an SUV / Minivan / or sedan that would not be easily identifiable (and thus attract Lone Star patrols), I realized that there aren't any Legality numbers listed! I mean, if I drove around the city in a Highway Patrol vehicle that was unchanged, I'm sure the next cop I pass who could see I wan't CHP would pull me over rather quickly. Or if I were driving around in a military hardware truck. I was wondering if there was a reason that Legality numbers weren't included? How much would a PC get hassled if he was driving a Doc-Wagon Citymaster? Or a Lone Star Patrol car? From what I can tell, that's not a problem. And vehicles aren't like SMG's that you can conceal under a Long Coat. . . Mainly, I'm asking because unlike those vehicles I just listed above, there's a bunch of others that I have no clue. Like if my rigger were driving the MPUV with armor around would he get pulled over just because it was a military vehicle?
lodestar
Vehicles and legality codes don't mix usually because one could potentially get a permit to have almost any type. Its what you do with a vehicle that is illegal. For example even if you are driving around in an armored GMC Bulldog, If you got valid plates for it and it ain't sporting weaponry it's perfectly legal. Legality codes would apply to any other gear one might modify it with eg: turrets, ECM, NOSS, ablative armor, etc. Or any other laws that you might break in the process. One could probably cruise around in a C-N Patrol, provided you didn't have it painted like a Lonestar cruiser (Impersonating a police officer is a criminal offence) You might however attract attention. Think of all the ex-military vehicles out and about today: That P-51 at the airshow is still capable of carrying out combat missions, but someone has modified it for and has registered it for civillian use. There in lies the big problem: getting the paperwork for such vehicles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012