Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where Are The Dragons?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
rlemansky
Greetings.

I've had limited exposure to SR4-mostly from the loosely connected novels and posts on DS. Need to break down and acquire the books, but until then...

Where are all the dragons? And other Critters? And Shapeshifters? Am I missing something?

Are Dragons no longer big players, have the been marginalized, or are they just waiting in the wings (bad dragon pun)?

Admittedly, the novels were mostly street level runs, so dragons and other big movers and shakers probably shouldn'tve appeared. But, as far as the game world goes, I worried about the Wyrms. Even the rats in the novels were just rats, not devil rats.

Any information'd be appreciated.

I probably shouldn't ask about Immortal Elves...

R
Synner
Currently SR4 has only three products available: the core book, the GM screen and the street-level adventure On The Run. For obvious reasons none of those detail the agendas and interests of the great dragons (or the major megacorps or the immortal elves for that matter). Unlike megacorps, (most) dragons like to keep a low public profile, especially as concerns their interests and agendas.

However, there is an entire supplement dedicated to the Dragons of the Sixth World which details their goals, personalities and powerbases as they stood in the early-Sixties following the Rite of Sucession (for the title of Loremaster). The vast majority of the material remains relevant and current despite the events of 2064-65. It covers all the big wyrms from Aden to Schwartzkopf and a handful of the small ones.
winterhawk11
QUOTE (Synner)
However, there is an entire supplement dedicated to the Dragons of the Sixth World which details their goals, personalities and powerbases as they stood in the early-Sixties following the Rite of Sucession (for the title of Loremaster). The vast majority of the material remains relevant and current despite the events of 2064-65.

The only majorish changes I can think of from what's listed in DotSW is that Celedyr, who used to be affiliated with Transys Neuronet, is now the director of R&D at NeoNET, and Eliohann, an adult dragon, was lost in the Matrix as the result of the Crash. His current fate is unspecified.

I think that's it. If I'm missing anything, I'm sure somebody will be along soon to correct me. It's Sunday morning and my brain isn't firing on all cylinders yet. smile.gif
Ancient History
Well, we don't know what might have happened with Hestaby yet, what with the shake-up in CalFree and the Tir.
Muskie
Wait. There were Dragons in the 'Trix? I thought it was impossible (looking at Dunklezahn's still un-claimed half mill in his will) for a dragon to use a Deck.

Please explain? (Starts getting many, many ideas)
Witness
http://wiki.dumpshock.com/index.php/Eliohann
Any help?
EDIT: As AH notes here, Project Cerberus (started after the Big D's death) may have qualified for that reward in his will.
headfirst-for-halos
here their be dragons (3rd. edition)
hey where'd they go? (4th. edition)
wait for fanpro to publish more 4th edition material chummer! pray to the great gods of gaming with your fingers in a pie, and your eye in the sky.

Platinum
QUOTE (headfirst-for-halos)
here their be dragons (3rd. edition)
hey where'd they go? (4th. edition)
wait for fanpro to publish more 4th edition material chummer! pray to the great gods of gaming with your fingers in a pie, and your eye in the sky.

hey all entered the rift to try and navigate to a meta plane that uses 3rd ed mechanics.

See ... even dragons don't like fourth edition. nyahnyah.gif
Lindt
Ha!
Moon-Hawk
Unfortunately, the dragons weren't able to make it because 4th ed capped all their skills.
Eldritch
rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012