Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help me decide my players fates
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Backgammon
Ok, so after a particularly large fnck-up after a run, my players were left each in their own predicament, and I'm not certain where to take it from there.

Player A is an adept, who managed (long story short) to great leap into a low flying police helicopter. knock the on-board sniper out and cap the on-boad mage and co-pilot. He is seriously wounded, but he has a gun on the pilot's head, and the pilot will cooperate. So... what the frag are the cops gonna do about this situation? Obviously they want to make sure the pilot stays safe, and they probably want to make sure that expensive helicopter also stays in one piece. So I figure they're gonna send drones after it and wait till he lands somewhere, then take him out. Sounds reasonnable?

Player B hid in the sewers, where I decided Something hit him with a confusion power, so for now he is wandering aimlessly. So I'll take any suggestions about what could happen to him. Go nuts, critters, spirits, weird underground people, whatever.

Player C got away, but he was picked up by a car-full of triad men of the fixer who hired the runners. Does the fixer kill the player, or can you think of a way for me too avoid having to do that, but allowing the fixer to maintain his street rep?
Wonazer
A - Wait for the player to make the pilot attack the drones. Then decide whether the drones are worth the helo and pilots life. Barring that, have the drones follow him where ever they go with a patrol or two following on the ground (from a respectable distance) waiting for them to land...

B - Sewers? Eeew... Let the spell fade and get him out and back to the group.

C - The plot should center around the captured character, in my opinion. Honestly, if the fixer that much of a hardass or is he simply a merchant trading in people, equipment and services? Now, his Triad buddies on the other hand...
Abstruse
A) A watcher spirit or something similar would probably track the character on the down-low. Plus, I'm sure all Lone Star vehicals would have some sort of hardware on board to track them in case something like this happens. Or in case a pilot decides he wants to retire on the couple million nuyen pricetag. Let the adept find a way out of it somehow though.

B) Let him wander around in confusion for a while, then just as he comes out of it -- Devil Rats. Not too hard, but definately a danger.

C) Again, the plot should definately focus on the captured character. I saw let the other two off the hook after giving them something challenging, but take the player of the captured character off to the side or before the others arrive for the game and discuss what he does so the others don't know. They screwed up, and he's going to pay for it one way or another. The fixer could be bribed, but it'd have to be a lot due to not only the losses he has on whatever he paid them plus whatever he's not going to get from whoever he contracted the run from, plus the damage to his rep in that he hired a bunch of people who bungled the job. It'd have to be worth that much.

Also, if it wasn't the captured player's fault that the run got hosed, but one or both of the other characters' faults, the fixer could offer him a deal. "I know it wasn't you who did this. It was those other two. Do you really want those other two to cost you your life? No, of course you don't. So I'll give you an offer. You hand over the other two, and I'll let you off. But if you don't, my friend his can do amazingly painful things with a car battery and a pair of jumper cables..."

The Abstruse One
D00m
A) Even though it sounds straight outta the back of SR3, it takes some guts to put your character through this sort of thing. Definitely give this character a way out, but don't make it easy. Go with the drones, but have one jump the gun and empty a couple rounds into the chopper as a warning, then (depending on the setting) remind him that "that rather large grove/park in the distance would make for a splendid getaway, and provide LOS cover from the drones."

B) Sewers are great because they provide for such interesting encounters, both hostile and otherwise. Devil rats would be interesting, or the spirit what used confusion on him in the first place (force rating relative to the char's means to give it a fair fight, that is.)

C) Sometimes a PC death is inevitable, and this sounds like one of those instances. Definitely take the player aside and explain the circumstances surrounding his situation. If he's going to die, make it dramatic, and make sure that the other players find out exactly how it went down, as this could make for an interesting "we're here for payback" situation. Alternately, have the character kept hostage, to be made an example of at X-location at Y-time, providing the others a chance to rescue their chum.
Kagetenshi
A) Remind him that he just won major cool points. Then remind him that if he wants to get out of this, it's time to get on the horn and start negotiating. Large, easily noticeable vehicle, closely followed, no chance of escape without using that hostage. Either that or he could fly by another office building and do a great leap in the other direction, but that's for the player to decide.

B) If the game is set during/after YotC, Shamblers. Great fun.

C) Since the character isn't already dead, that means someone wants him alive or someone objects to killing him. Now, the person who objects to killing him could just be the GM, but I'd advise you work it into the game; if a character really should get killed, let them.
As for why fixerboy wouldn't kill character: maybe he's going to make an example of him later, or maybe he's going to make the character (and the team) his own personal bitch until they've paid for their mistakes.
Alternately, maybe he wants them alive because the person who hired him to hire the characters wants to kill the characters personally.

~J
Siege
I'll weigh in with my two bits:

A) Since they don't have supporting choppers in the air, the adept's best bet would be to have the pilot land somewhere either in the Barrens or in the woods near Seattle. Either would have substantial potential for the character to bolt and lay low. Disappearing into the Barrens gives the character more resources to live on unless he's a woodsy sort.

The drones will try to follow him, but with all the wreckage of the buildings and whatnot, the adept should be able to disappear.

B) Sewers? Ick. Random encounter table and give him a chance to shake off the Confusion and make his way to an exit. The nastier the section of town, the greater the likelihood of something equally icky.

C) I think C is the easiest to keep alive. The character's street rep takes a hit, but an enterprising fixer could find a use for a runner on a leash. Since C didn't actively screw the fixer except for failing the mission, the Triads may be amendable to well...making amends. But the runner is going to be paying through the nose for a long, long time. Or it'll be one hell of a job to get out of the Fixer's Triad pocket.

-Siege
last_of_the_great_mikeys
If character A has any extra-territorial corp contacts (like the "friends in high places" edge) or ever did a run for one, he should bloody well get on the phone and cash in a favour (a favour costs 1 karma point). This can be done through a fixer or Mr. Johnson contact, too. Have him land the chopper in corp territory and the corp not extradite him. They can say the pilot aggressively landed in their airspace, deny anyone else was on board and keep the copter as a bonus as well as getting all the info in the pilot's head. That oughta be enough to buy his way out of being a corp hostage. I suggest Wuxing for it's triad connections!

Player C could then be reasonably brought in with player A on Wuxing property. Player C owes a favour for being removed from a deadly situation. The rest of the group will probably aid him in repaying it.

When player B gets out of the sewers a single phone call re-unites the group. Voila! Next shadowrun with no pay to burn up PC resources but get them more karma. smile.gif
BitBasher
This scenario the way it works in my game, but remember, I'm a bastard....

A) Player one is SCREWED, arrested... The Lone Star pilot REALLY has a very good postition... ALL Lone Star peronnel have an implanted headware radio, it's standard eqipment. He is in permananent communication with HW. All he has to do is get the chopper within LOS of a Lone Star mage with a pair of binoculars who is sucking enough bonus dice off of elementals to cast a stunbolt at D with enough sucesses to knock out a juggernaut on Long Haul. The Gun to the pilot's head isn't all that much of a bargaining chip because with my plan the pilot stands a better chance of survival than by my plan then if he acts like a helpless hostage becayse THERE IS NO REASON for the player to let the cop go, he's already at murder one for 2 cops, the third is just gona be gravy. The cop knows this. Get this player good and arrested. If the player shoots the LS pilot, the player dies, and the cop knows this. It's a chinese stand off, that should end bad for the player... that being said give him 2 bonus karma on his way to prison wink.gif Also give the team the chance to bust him out. Make it psychotically hard. Make it nearly impossible.

B) This guy gets off easy having to bribe his way past orc patrols while confused to get to the surface, he gets off easy. No reason to torture him for no reason, he'll get it enough later, which brings me to....

C) The contact feels he is owed a favor. free of charge, for having to deal with the mess. This character agrees to the favor or he, and everyone else dies.

...D?) Players B and C are now looking at one HELL of an extraction (or permanent retirement) that has to happen before homeboy A gets a mind probe and B and C are SCREWED. have a contact hear from a friend in Lone Star that that's the plan. An internal Lone Star initiative against Cop Killers and their assocuates. No time to plan, nothing fancy to do, just the bad option or the worse option. Force them to do it the messy and bloody way. Those are the consequences. make them all good and screwed or dead depending on how they perform. Longterm consequences via the Lone Star manhunt that will benefit and maje the GM's life easier in the long run. wink.gif all wrapped in a nice neat package that gives a campaign some (more?) direction and possibly a rep boost on the street, possibly for all the wrong reasons. biggrin.gif
last_of_the_great_mikeys
BitBasher, ya seem to be a tad arbitrary. I think you'd kill off all my charecters in your game! wink.gif
SCLariat
Player A. A cop killer is the lowest form of life on a cop's scum-meter. Either a sniper rifle or mage should do the trick.....a mage would certainly be cleaner & less risky. A trial and prison are expenses that LS wouldn't want to foot. Bullets and spell are a lot cheaper. Check the stats on cop killers would are "shot while trying to escape" or "shot while resisting arrest" and you'll understand what I'm saying

Player B: There's always my personal fav for dealing with sewer diving players: Devil Rats! And lots of 'em. Oh...and regular rats, too. Scar him up for his stupidity, but let him live.

Player C: The triads are not notorious for whacking people for failure. They could rough 'em, take his stuff, and let him go.
John Campbell
In any game I've run, A would be a walking dead man. If he can figure out a way to get out of the chopper and go to ground, skip town to a city where security isn't handled by Lone Star (or whoever the police agency in question here is) - preferably on a different continent - and get a new face and name, he might live, but he'd still be pretty much out of the game (unless he was the only survivor, in which case forming a new group around him in his new location might be reasonable... but don't forget that he'd still be wanted as a cop-killer). Killing cops is the one thing you Do Not Do. It's the absolute best way to make sure they do everything in their power (and that's a considerable amount, when they bring it to bear) to hunt you down and make sure you end up dead (by preference) or at least behind bars for the rest of your life.

B should have a fun time wandering around lost in the sewers for a bit, but I wouldn't throw any major threats at him. Devil rats or the like are always good, or passive challenges. Just finding his way out could be a significant challenge, given that he went in Confused.

I would just have the Triad guys express their fixer's extreme displeasure with the team to C - possibly physically, maybe just with intimidation, but make it clear in no uncertain terms that they screwed up and are not to do so again. Then I'd have them dump him somewhere without his pay.
BitBasher
BitBasher, ya seem to be a tad arbitrary. I think you'd kill off all my charecters in your game!
Bah! whatever do you mean? wink.gif

Really it's not arbitrary at all. If the PC in the helicopter has no Lone Star knowledge skills, or Police Procedures then he has no idea that it's even going to happen. The radio cyber is all completely canon and taken from the LS sourcebook. I also work for the police IRL. I cannot emphasize just how screwed is a cop killer in a public area, holding another LS employee hostage, in an area where Lone Star can respond in almost no time (Just get a mage on a roof with some optical binoculars). But then PC's do NOT screw with the police in my games as a fairly concrete rule, and as long as Shadowrunners perform their hijinks on extraterritorial property, they havent done anything to concern Lone Star.

The 2nd PC I let off no issues, I won't punish someone just for getting screwed with in a sewer.

The Third PC I would not have had "Picked up" I would have just hit his street rep, or has the johnson make like "it was okay, do this job to make up for it" and hired them to be a distraction for a real running team. Tell them to make a snatch and grab while tipping off the corp they are coming, and a second team uses that to secure the real objective.

Also... in this scenario I usually don't plan out consequences in advance, I let the chips fall where they may... Although honestly PC1's chips are likely falling into a shallow grave wink.gif

Give that I play with dice out in the open, and never hide a roll and still pull things liek this then yes, it is entirely possible that I'd kill off all your characters in my game, but it's not because I wanted to kill them, it would be because they didn't earn the right to keep sucking breath the next morning. Something that I think woking in the shadows is often overlooked. Most everything has consequences. biggrin.gif
Kagetenshi
Problem with L-S mage is that most security vehicles have tinted windows to prevent just that. Lots of civilian vehicles, too.
Also, remember: Lone Star, however much they want people to think they are, are not the police. They are corporate security officers.
One of my characters took pains to remind them of that before he killed them.
Another of my characters would have killed the first character I mentioned because you don't fuck with the people who keep you safe. Runners have weird attitudes towards L-S. Go figure.
Or maybe I'm just strange smile.gif

~J
Siege
Actually, LS are the de-facto police.

It's like taking your local police department and having a private company manage the entire process. They have all the law enforcement powers of government-managed cops and in the imagination of the civilians, there is no difference.

And I'd imagine that LS would take extreme offense at the termination of its officers -- if only because of the damage to its public relations. Especially something as graphic and expensive as the scenario painted in the original post.

Even if the formal administration of the 'Star didn't take a hard line for these sorts of killers, the rank-and-file officers will have twitchy trigger fingers.

-Siege
TinkerGnome
It's amazing how many flights of stairs there are to fall down in a one story jailhouse. Particularly when it comes to cop killers.

As for the devil rats... If you're post YotC, go with a couple of Demon rats or that thing that makes a shell out of dead critters. That'd be fun smile.gif But I wouldn't kill him (scare the hell out of him, though).

I'd probably put player C on the spot for finishing the run if it wasn't blown to the point that the Johnson decided to cancel the run. If the run gets cancelled, the fixer might demand his (vanished) cut of the pay and then never work with the PCs again.
Backgammon
Here's what I have decided to do:

I'll follow Player A's actions. It's possible he can get out of immediate danger if he's quick about it. IF he also manages to make it back to the city (he's about an hour away by car travel now), he can maybe hook up with a powerful contact he's building up, and this contact can ship him outside he country, should the player want. Basically, I'm just gonna react to what he tries to do. And yes, *mage* cop killer don't live very long.

Player B (sewer man) is gonna wake up 2 days later in the middle of an alley with no memories. Will certainly freak the shit out of him, while leaving me room to add interesting things later on.

Player C is gonna get a stern talking to, and he'll be forced to take a very dangerous run (to be determined) to make up for the loss.

So maybe all the players are gonna meet up and decide to change country, or maybe some will leave. I know Player A started making a new character once the implications of what he'd done started to sink in spin.gif
Hot Wheels
A) Good call, but add to that they may send in a mage in astral. to see if he can pick off the runner without risking the pilot-if they geek the pilot, they lose the copter and get bad PR as the copter falls on someone.

B) Devil rats, ghouls, incubus. nasty, potentially fatal. potential for infection but he should escape once the spell wears off.

C) Good chance for plot running. They won't kill him, but in return you'll have to...
Siege
Side note: How many runners ever think to stop by their local street doc for massive injections of broad-spectrum antibiotics after a sewer crawl?

-Siege
BitBasher
three
Kagetenshi
I would remember, if it weren't for the fact that I make it a point never to sewercrawl.
That didn't work out once, but we died in that sewer, so it didn't matter much.

~J
Siege
On the bright side, player A has a chance to put his hands on a Ruger Thunderbolt if he wants one...

-Siege
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Oooh. I just thought of something...if it's not reported that only the pilot's alive, there are Lone Start uniforms there for him to use! He could make the pilot land, knock him out (or kill him) and leave as the "only survivor." It might buy him a few minutes if the Star ain't right at ground zero when they land. He can use the codes in the helicopter's comm system to listen in on Star Frequencies to avoid them...

Heh...well, I know I'm not being so helpful to you, Backgammon, but I love thinking of ways out.

Basically, if Character A escapes, he'll need a new face and enough cash to pay for a decker to bust Lone Star's system and have his data removed...maybe a program that attacks any data on him put in in the future...hope he's got a million Nuyen!
Siege
On that note: how many GMs have put biomonitors on key sec guards?

-Siege
BitBasher
Sec guards? not a whole lot, only companies with organized competent security... Lone Star? All of em.
TinkerGnome
I'd say most AA or better companies would go for biomonitors on their security guards. Compare the difference in reduced life insurance payouts vs. biomonitor costs and the biomonitor solution should come out quite a bit ahead. That, and you would quickly know when one of your guards was sleeping on the job or hanging out in the break room instead of being on patrol from his vitals.
Tanka
Great idea for Player A.

You said he only knocked the sniper out? Have him reawaken, to Player A's surprise, and put his gun to Player A's head. Go from there.

I'm not sure, but, I think the sniper rifle (or pistol, if he has one backup) should be more powerful than Player A's. nyahnyah.gif
TinkerGnome
QUOTE (tanka)
You said he only knocked the sniper out? Have him reawaken, to Player A's surprise, and put his gun to Player A's head. Go from there.

Unless the sniper has some 'ware or gear to help him wake up, it'll probably take 15-60 minutes for him to come around. Probably too long a time frame to matter.

Depending on how he entered the chopper, though, the door might still be open. If that's the case, a mage on the ground could probably make his day pretty rough with a levitated neurostun stun/concussion grenade. The pilot has some shielding from his armored seat (probably) but the player is in trouble (if they're both out, it's a game of elemental catch). That, or the mage could turn to his half dozen force 6 elementals and point to the chopper and say "Go up there and kill anyone who isn't wearing one of these" and show 'em his badge.

The pilot, of course, can coordinate all of this via headware radio. A sudden lurch of the chopper should spare him the initial execution style shot, and after that the PC probably won't have time to try again as the guy executes an emergency landing.
Kagetenshi
Not if the gun is aimed properly and the character is quick.

~J
Tanka
QUOTE (TinkerGnome)
Unless the sniper has some 'ware or gear to help him wake up, it'll probably take 15-60 minutes for him to come around.  Probably too long a time frame to matter.

Hm. Fair enough. Maybe any armor he has on has some mysterious "Auto Stim Patch" or somesuch? Eh, probably not. Would've been a fun idea to go on, neh?
TinkerGnome
It would be very action movie to have the guy come out of it. However, if I were going to railroad a character that hard, I'd just tell him to roll up a new character and narrate his death/capture. At least that way I wouldn't have to break any rules to do it (I might seem like a hardass for doing it, but at least I'd have my integrity).
Siege
QUOTE (tanka)
QUOTE (TinkerGnome)
Unless the sniper has some 'ware or gear to help him wake up, it'll probably take 15-60 minutes for him to come around.  Probably too long a time frame to matter.

Hm. Fair enough. Maybe any armor he has on has some mysterious "Auto Stim Patch" or somesuch? Eh, probably not. Would've been a fun idea to go on, neh?

Autoinjector, biomonitor.

Great stuff.

-Siege
Backgammon
Actually, the sniper fell about 20 feet down... here's Player's A story for your entertainement:

After the hosed up run, the runners are escaping in an 18 wheeler (well, it doesn't really have wheels at this point, cops are right behind, giving the space because they're obviously psychotic since they've been throwin various types of grenades behind them at the cops (mostly flash and nausea gas). They turn a corner and the truck comes to a stop (movement power). Instantly, all of my players shout they jump out. Player A is riding passenger, so out the window he goes, Borko the orc (player C) jumping out of the back of the truck and Player B goes right out the no longer existant front window. They leave behind a truck driver they had hired for purposes of driving said 18 wheeler (yes, he's gonna blab) and an unconscious triad man.

Player A gets chosen by the helicopter, and so if being followed as he rushes through the alley. He is desperatly looking to get inside one of these warehouses or factories. He spots some windows he thinks he can great leap into. He misses and bounces of the wall. Shakes head, gets up, starts runnign again. Spots another warehouser, lower windows. A sniper round from the heli narrowly misses. He runs up and jumps for it as another round ricochets nearby. Crashes through window. Gets up, shaking off broken glass. Looks around rapidly, sees door across the room. Runs towards it. Opens. His eyes widen, and he slams the door shut and hit the dirt. Bullets pepper the door and surrounding wall (cops were waiting for him on the other side). He desperatly looks around. By climbing around on various things, ha can reach a window on the roof. Starts doing so. Gets to top, where he swings from a heavy chain in order to flip up and thru the window. Lands on roof. The helicopet is hovering about 8 meters above him, with the sniper quickly taking aim. Without wasting any time, the player great leaps towards the heli. Sniper round glances on his shoulder (moderat wound). Player grabs hold of the landing railing with one hand, and fires blindly into the heli with his pistol. The occupants take a little cover. The player now swings into the heli, kick-pushing the sniper as he lands. Sniper flies out the other opened side of the heli. Mage tries to stun him with a stunbolt. Player resists to light. Player shoots twice mage with his pistol. Mage crumples to floor. The co-pilot, from his seat, twists around and shoots at the player with his service pitols. Player take a hit, but fires back and kills the co-pilot. Bleeding and desperate, the player puts his gun on the pilot's head and yells "FLY"!"

That's where we left off
TinkerGnome
Paints a very cool scene, but he is in so much trouble isn't not even funny. The pilot is likely to make sure everyone knows where they're going, and hope for the best. The only hope the pilot has is that the player will need him for a hostage.

First, determine how much fuel the helicopter has left and figure out what range that gives you (the Star is already doing this). Now, they'll try to pick out likely landing sites and start mobilizing everyone they can spare to cover the range. When the player goes to sit down, he'll find cops everywhere. He might try somewhere else, but eventually he'll run out of gas. His best hope is to fly low over the sprawl and jump for it in an area he knows well enough to find a hiding spot. Then he needs to hide and hide hard, moving between sweeps. The cops'll give up after a while, though he'd better get a new face and resequenced DNA if he wants to really get away (his blood is in the copter, making ritual tracking fun and easy) for long.
Siege
Or somehow incinerate the chopper, which will corrupt any blood left for either DNA trace or ritual payback.

-Siege
Backgammon
Hmm, true about cops looking for all potential landing sites. Thanks, hadn't thought about that one.
Kagetenshi
Or become a decker and spend the rest of his life in a shaman's lodge.

~J
Siege
Armchair quarterbacking is a lot of fun.

If the adept can swing back towards the Barrens and:

1. Kill the pilot
2. Escape the chopper before it crashes
3. Lay low and hope like hell they didn't get photos of his face and/or there wasn't enough DNA to provide a positive ID/ritual hell.

He's got a shot (no pun intended).

Of course, if the Star can't find him, they'll start looking to ID his accomplices in the hope of being able to backtrack to him...

-Siege
BitBasher
Siege, no it won't he's already screwed on the DNA/ritual link front. He took a moderate wound grazing his shoulder while jumping up to the chopper, they have a nice happy sample of blood on the roof from that wound. Right next to the probably critically injured sniper.
Shadow
Man, that scene was awesome. That guy is a total, cold blooded, killer. My hats off to him. He lives by the sword, and now he will die by the sword.

Really theres no other way. LS will not allow a guy who has murdered 3 police officers to live. A sniper or a mage, or some guy will take out the heli, or the pilot fearing for his own life will just crash the heli and hopes his saftey harness will protect him. Anything really, but the guys a dead man.

We who are about to die salute you!
Siege
Oh dude, he's toasted.

If they have the ritual link on the chopper pad, it's all over.

He might as well go out with a roar because either way, puppy is fragged.

If the player really, really doesn't want to make a new guy, the GM could spin it this way: The blood from the pad is somehow corrupted and incapable of being used.

However, a polite knock on the character's door a week later notifies the PC that mysterious benefactors have taken some pains to eliminate all traces of his presence at the debacle and, in addition to having his face surgically altered he will be required to repay his debts.

Failure to do so will result in a fate far worse than anything the Star could drop on his pointy little head.

Which can be an interesting plothook in it's own right -- who has the power to make something like this happen and what would someone or something that powerful want with his little twinky hoop?

-Siege
Backgammon
That's a good one, Siege. If he survives that far, I'll be using that. Actually, he already planned out something of the sort. Currently, he and Borko have a list of 10 people to kill, after which they get to meet "The Man", an obscure person who has been hinted to be very, very powerful. That's right, they're so impressed they are killing 10 people, some seemingly innocent citizens (you shoulda seen the last one, cold-blooded murder of a woman in her small suburban house... icky), just so they can meet a person who they don't really know anything about. Lucky for them, "The Man" really is quite powerful and can have records disapear. He already owns their asses anyway, so no biggie for him.

So the player instantly figured that if he can kill these people very, very quickly, he can get "The Man" to help him out. Personaly, I don't think he's gonna make it. It is however going to be very interesting next saturday spin.gif
BitBasher
is "The Man"'s real name Kaiser Soze? grinbig.gif
Tanka
Well, as has been said, unless Player A gets some miraculous DNA changing and all, he's pretty much fragged. You don't do that to LS without some repercussions.

Now, "The Man" could easily pop into play with a "I need you for later. Your records have been purged, but your life now belongs to me" kind of deal.
Backgammon
Oh, quite. "The Man" is head of a very high-level corporate terrorist cell. In my game, they masterminded the destruction of the aztechnology HQ in the algonkian-manitou council, as well as other terrorist events that have happened in my campaign. This leader, called Fallen, was, as he puts it, "the original Omega Order". He and his genetically created brothers and sister where manufactured by the Corporate Council to punish AAA corps that went too far.

Unfortunatly, they made him waaay too smart, so he and his team escaped. They had seen the true machinations of corporations and so they all vowed to fight corporate power. The views of the team members, however, varied on ethics. One faction, The New Seattle Movement, established itself in Seattle and only targetted "guilty" people. This cell ended when Vanity, a super sexy sniper, died and Titanium Angel, the 2nd in command of the Omega Order, commited suicide out of grief (this happened in-game, it was my last campaign). They were betrayed by a genius spy elf that actually worked for SK. SK was of course has been spearheading the corporate effort to terminate or retrieve the Omega Order team.

Fallen, on the other hand, advocates mass slaughter of all corporate personel. Any means necessary. And he is god damn powerful. Well, not nearly IE powerful or anything like some of the power players of the SR world, but he is up there.

So yeah, he'll help the players cause he needs something their involved in. But on one hand, he has been weakened since parts of his operation were compromised in Seattle not long ago, and on the other, being killed by the cops now may be a better fate than what might become of the runners down the road. At least now they still have their souls...
Tanka
Whoa there, SK? Frag. So if your players are all linked to The Man, SK is going to target them as well. Ciao, chummers.

Had a run in with SK a few times. Had to steal a nuke from them (in which that campaign is still going on, just paused), which ended up in myself and another Troll Meatboy being Essence Drained and turned into fully-sentient Dzoo Noo Qua (think vampiric Troll, scary, neh?).

Next bit, they want their little toy back or we get fragged over big time. We go back to Mr. J, get to some docs, and cured of Doom. Yes, Doom.

Sorry, got off topic.

Anyway. Players are fragged either way once SK finds the link between The Man and them.

What's next, take out SK? I'd root for you. biggrin.gif
Backgammon
Don't worry, no one knows anything. If SK had an inkling about where Fallen was or who he talked to, the city would be crawling with high-powered freaks. But somewhere down the line, they might wake up with a pillow on their face and a loud bang. Or a metamagical weapon might eat their souls. Or a fixer might just cap them. Them's are the risks of shadowrunning. Gotta keep myself entertained, after all wink.gif
Tanka
I'd say pray SK doesn't find The Man or any links, but, hey, that wouldn't be any fun, now would it (besides, you're the GM, you can do whatever)?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012