Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: An interesting build:
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Seven-7
Two ways to build this, one with the normal rules and one with the Cultured Bioware rule lifted. With the former you 1 Combat Pool dice, but would take instead Enhanced Articulation, giving you +1 Dice on the rest of your skills, and Platelet Facotries. Reaction would stay the same, plus 50k remaining.

Now the rules dont specify to my knowledge, but when using the two hand blades you do 20M damage (STR+4+((STR+4)/2))M + 7D (Cyanide) +6S Stun (Hyper). He can still do other stuff, like searching the matrix, getting through doors. He's cant take EVERYTHING, but thats what team mates are for. He also gets a min of 3 actions, no matter what build. With the bright lights and close combat opponents get +4TN and no reach boni, not to mention if they happen to survive, +1 TN and half the amount of the next amount of boxes of damage dealt to them get added to the stun track (Hyper). Now he can attack more than one person real easy.

Race: Ork(D)
Magic: None(E)
Attributes: 27(B)
Skills: 34©
Resources: 1,000,000(A)

Bod: 6(7)
Qui: 6(11)
Str: 8(9)
Cha: 1
Int: 5(7)
Will: 4

Rea: 5 (20)
Init: 20+3D6

Essence: 6(1.02)
Body Index: 0 (3.cool.gif

Magic: 0

Combat Pool: 11
Task Pool: 1

Active:
Athletics: 2
Computers: 3 (Search Operation 5)-4
Cyber-Implant Combat 5 (Hand Blade 7)
Electronics: 2
Ninjitsu: 4 (Man: Close Combat, Close Combat (CIC))
Pentjak-Silat: 4 (Man: Multi-strike, Multi-strike (CIC)
Stealth: 4 (Hiding 6)

Cyber:
Wired Reflexes R2, Alpha
Reaction Enhancer R6
Cybereyes (Pair)
-Brightlight Feater Alpha
-Eye Light Systems Alpha
-Low-Light Vision Alpha
-Thermographic Vision
Hand Blade (Fixed)
-Venom Sacks (2 Doses, Cyanide)
-Venom Sacks (2 Doses, Cyanide)
Hand Blade (Fixed)
-Venom Sacks (2 Doses, Hyper)
-Venom Sacks (2 Doses, Hyper)

Bioware:
Cerebral Boosters R2
Muscle Toner R4
Suprathyroid Gland

2 Dikote Hand blades (1000Y):2000
16 Hyper (180):2880
16 Cyanide (360): 5760

Resources left: 3660

Edit: Fixed an essence miscalc, .08 to .02

Edit: Added the changes if you do use the CB rule. Fixed the changed outcome.

Edit: Added and adjusted for Multi-strike.
Seven-7
A second, and perhaps superior build:

Race: Ork(D)
Magic: None(E)
Attributes: 27(B)
Skills: 34©
Resources: 1,000,000(A)

Bod: 6(7)
Qui: 6(11)
Str: 8(9)
Cha: 1
Int: 5
Will: 4

Rea: 5 (20)
Init: 20+3D6

Essence: 6(1.08)
Body Index: 0 (4)

Magic: 0

Combat Pool: 10

Cyber:
Wired Reflexes (R2, Alpah)
Reaction Enhancer (R6)
Cybereye, Pair (Alpha)
-Brightlight Feater (Alpha)
-Eye Light Systems (Alpha)
-Low-Light Systems (Alpha)
Hand Blade (Retractable) (Alpha)
-Venom Sacks (2 Doses, Cyanide) (Alpha)
-Venom Sacks (2 Doses, Cyanide) (Alpha)
Hand Blade (Retractable) (Alpha)
-Venom Sacks (2 Doses, Hyper) (Alpha)
-Venom Sacks (2 Doses, Hyper) (Alpha)

Bioware:
Platelet Factories
Enhanced Articulation
Muscle Toner R4
Suprathyroid Gland

2 Dikote Hand blades (1000Y):2000
16 Hyper (180):2880
16 Cyanide (360): 5760

Resources Remaining: 22560
Laser
I'd ditch the cybereyes and get the eye lights and brightlight as retinal mods (and maybe tack on flare compensation for good measure); orks naturally have lowlight after all.

The lack of ranged weapons seems like it would be... disadvantageous.
hyzmarca
No, you only add the power bonus once. It would be (STR*1.5) +4 not (STR+4)*1.5
Seven-7
Hyzmarca: Where does it show that? Page refrence if you would. Mainly I ask this, because what would be the point of Dikot'ing both blades then, if the bonus power is only added once? The books text uses only Spurs and Regular Hand Razors, both of which have +0 STR bonus.

Laser: I think Eye Light Systems need cybereyes? That would be my only reason for doing that then, thanks for the idea. Also, two things: If you want ranged, just trade out the handblades/venom for a SL2 and other ranged goodies, or just have at least another person in your group take ranged as a specilization.
Laser
Not that I can tell; there is one statement that says 'cybereye' in the eyelight description as if it were given that they couldn't be taken as retinal modifications; however, it doesn't explicitly state that they must be installed in cybereyes and the eyes section of the general cyberware rules in M&M (p. 44, bottom left if you're interested) states that unless stated otherwise, eye modifications are available as both. Furthermore, the Visibility Modifiers table on p. 49 of M&M has a column for Low Light w/ eyelights that does not disinclude natural lowlight, suggesting that it is allowed to take it as a retinal mod (at least, I don't know any other way to get natural vision)

As to the other: hyzmarca is right; it specifically states that the player gets to add half of their strength, rounded down, to the power of the attack (that's on about page 92 of SR3). The spurs/hand razors issue is something to take up with your GM. Personally, I think that particular rule should have been superceded by the advanced melee rules in the cannon companion; the extra dice you'd get from having the off hand weapon would probably do you better than the extra power anyhow.
hyzmarca
i can't find a page number. To be honest, I;m not even sure which book it is in at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that it says wielding two cyberimplant weapons multiplies strength by 1.5. I don't believe that it says that power is multiplied by 1.5
Seven-7
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
i can't find a page number. To be honest, I;m not even sure which book it is in at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that it says wielding two cyberimplant weapons multiplies strength by 1.5. I don't believe that it says that power is multiplied by 1.5

Shadowrun 3rd core book, after a bit on combat, with the guy kicking some gangers face in and has a shotgun strapped to his back. Says STR/2 added to the damage. Now, if you go to Personal Weapons, in the Street Gear section, the melee weapons damage code says the number is added to STR for Melee attacks for that weapon...But Laser has a better idea, up to the GM.

So lets see, ((STR*1.5)+4<Possibly +5 if both weapons are dikoted?>) comes out to on that build 17(Or 18).5, rounded up to 18(19)M melee damage, then of course, being able to do Suc/2 more damage (I believe)...Anyways.

Something else popped into my mind, supposedly as I remember chem powers raised in melee instead of the melee attack after damage level staging, does that apply to both chems, one chem of the players choice, or either three damage resistances (Melee, Chem, Chem).
Laser
Actually, the power would round down to 17 or 18. In Shadowrun you always round down.

Hmm, that's a good question about the damage staging.

I'd say that it's depends on how you make your attack, so you get any of the three. Are you trying particularly hard to get a good exposure of one of your chemicals? Then the successes are applied to that. Otherwise, if you're just out to damage them... the successes would go to the weapons.

(whoops, I was off by a bit. That's page 121 of SR3 that has the rule about two cyberweapons)
hyzmarca
I never noticed that. Taking advantage of ambiguous wording means that Wallhacker can hit 50S base melee damage.

Edit: No, he can't because the extra +1 would be rounded down. But this interpertatin is still rather munchy. With handblades he could be doing 54M.
Seven-7
Laser: Ah-ha, now I know why I took the Cybereyes also, essence save. He's .08 away from being in biostress, which I believe is not allowed.

Another thing, when do the chem's take place? For instance, if I picked I'd want this:

Hyper
Melee
Cyanide

Why? Hyper does half as many boxes of damage to stun whenever the victim takes damage. So, a M and a D? Thats 1+5:6 boxes. Halfway to 10, and he'll aready have a M wound or more on physical, no way someone soaks 17 power or more.
Austere Emancipator
I don't see anything ambiguous about the ruling. A melee weapon has Power of the character's STR, possibly plus some number. With the SR3 core dual wielding cyberimplant weapon rule, you then add STR/2 to this Power to get the effective Power of the attack. Power of dual Dikoted handblades with STR 9: 9+4+(9/2) = 17. To read (STR/2) as (Power/2) is a pretty weird interpretation.

And, as Laser said, a GM may decide that you get no additional Power at all, but only the additional dice, as per the rules in Cannon Companion.

Anyhoo, I think you can "legally" squeeze Wallhacker!!!"!"!212121onetwo over a Power of 50 with handblades, as long as you make him a Cyclops Ghoul Adept on drugs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012