Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Gang of Rebels
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
ludomastro
Welcome to the OOC for "Gang of Rebels".

General posting guidelines:

Turn off signatures and emoticons.

Character names including contacts should be bold.

Thoughts should be in italics.

The time and location should be in yellow.

Spoilers should be used if you don't want others to see your request or the response.

Please take some time to decide how much your characters know about each other, if anything.

Here is some background of my New Orleans in 2070:

[ Spoiler ]
Kiedo
Well I guess I'm just checking in, and since according to the background you have, Ghost was still in Seattle I figured it was best to update his background, to get him to Nawlans (as the locals do say, lol), and explain a few things that the sheet has that don't really match the background.

Background
[ Spoiler ]

What the other runners who know Ghost would know

[ Spoiler ]

I like the idea of knowing the rest of the group, and if you want to work something out let me know.
Nikoli
What the other runners would know about Rooster
[ Spoiler ]
ludomastro
I like Kiedo's suggestions that you should all know each other. Is there anyone that would prefer to be a bit unknown?

FYI: My wife and I are going out on a double-date tonight with some friends so it may be a while before I post more.

See you later this evening. (I'll be on for a while this afternoon though.)
JDragon
I'm good with knowing others as well.

I'll get some info up later today or tonight.

Quick ?, how do you do the Spoiler Tag?

I know how to do fonts & color but not finding the Spoiler stuff.

Thanks

JDragon

Nikoli
you type (without the spaces) [ spoiler ] to start it and [ /spoiler ] to end it
Whizbang
I'm fine with knowing the group. Guess I should join the 'what you should know' group.

[ Spoiler ]
Smilin_Jack
Knowing the others is a great plan.

Hmm... what would be obvious to others about Caz.

[ Spoiler ]

Kiedo
I forgot the physical desciption, opps.

[ Spoiler ]

Tattoos Indepth
[ Spoiler ]
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Yay! My computer's working again! Sorry I took so long to post! It's 8:30am here and my computer's connection is finally working again. It seems that, for some reason, my internet company disconnected me. A clerical error they called it.

Anyhoo, I gotta get to work, so I'll post tonight. Just wanted to let you know I was here. smile.gif
JDragon
Info on Hack'ed

Johnny or Hack’ed as he was called when in prison is fairly average for a troll, if you can call trolls average. He stands at 2.5 meters tall and weighs 325kg. His horns curve up and back from the side of his head. He has short black hair and a well-trimmed goatee, behind his left horn a data jack can be seen as well. He normally will be found wearing blue jeans, and a tee shirt under his leather jacket. His eyes are obviously cyberware as his irises are a solid blood red. At first look someone would guess ganger hacker with the data jack, cyber eyes and all, but once you look closer and see the multiple pouches he is always carrying along with several foci some may pick up on the fact that he’s a spell slinger of some kind.

[ Spoiler ]

last_of_the_great_mikeys
Jack Mardell has no street moniker. He just uses his name. He figures someone'll come up with a name that suits him that'll stick someday.

[ Spoiler ]

Jack is ready, he believes, to start on the higher paying jobs. No more 100 nuyen stuff. Real money! Perhaps if he had a partner or team who's skills complimented his own...

Appearance wise he's quite the attractive man. He's a wiry 6 180cm tall and 130kg. His hair is short and dirty blond or brown, depending on the season. He has sharp, bold features with no tattoos or piercings. He is generally seen in his Actioneer™ business suit and appears unarmed. He'll put on a shock glove if he suspects trouble and does not try to hide it when he puts it on.
JDragon
So since we are working on the basis that we at least know a little about each other, can we just get a quick roll call and simple break down of skills.

JDragon / "Hack'ed" - Troll - Combat Mage - I have focused on my spell casting, I will not be summoning any spirts, but should be ok at getting rid of unwanted ones. I have limited computer/matrix skills.

Next...
Kiedo
Kiedo/ Wes "Ghost" Spire - Elf - Detective/limited face - I guess he'd be close to your standard noir detective, with the addition of matrix snooping skills (no hacking but he has 7-9 dice for any given non-hacking matrix action). As far a being a face goes, he's got several high powered contacts, including the recommended one, but on the skill side of things he's not that much of a face (he does have the influence skill group but it's at 1 and with a 3 in charisma, that's only 4 dice for things). But I guess what he brings to the table is to be able to track down pretty much anything but an improved invisibility ninja with a chameleon suit, and even then he might stand a chance....

but basically he's a private "eye" who knows a few people.
ludomastro
Ok, the IC is up!. Let's see what your PC is doing right now. Also want to make sure everyone is here.

Should I use F or C for temps in the future?

[edit]
Sorry I was late getting started. I had some car trouble that threw my whole day off.
[/edit]
JDragon
QUOTE (Alex)
Should I use F or C for temps in the future?

[edit]
Sorry I was late getting started.  I had some car trouble that threw my whole day off.
[/edit]

Sorry for my ignorance, but what do you mean by F's or C's for temps?

Thanks

JDragon
ludomastro
F = Fahrenheit
C = Celsius
JDragon
OK I feel really stuipd right now. frown.gif Totally missed that.

Thanks what happens on my day off the brain just shuts down. biggrin.gif

Well I prefer the F, beacuse I've never taken the time to learn C that well, but I go with the majority as it wouldn't hurt for me to learn something new.

JDragon
ludomastro
JDragon,

I didn't see it on your sheet. Where does Smiley work? What is he?

I'll have you an answer in just a sec.
JDragon
Well, I hadn't put a lot of thought into it.

But, at this point I'm thinking hes a bouncer at a hole in the wall dive bar, that is trying to get into the game as a Fixer, since he has no interest in really putting him self at risk..

Since Hack'ed is new and trying to keep a lower profile for a little while, he hasn't had much time to build up any decent contacts yet.

If any of this doesn't work just let me know I'm not set on any of it. Sorry I didn't put more thought into it before. Still new at this Shadowrun thing.

JDragon
ludomastro
Not a problem. I'm new to the GM thing.
Kiedo
I'm indifferent as to what temperature scale to use, my girlfriend is canadian, so I'm slowly getting the hang of the metric system. Because she doesn't know what the hell 71 degree F means and up until recently I didn't know that was in the low twenties C.

I'm going to go post IC now....
JDragon
Thats cool, I'm about a month and a half in to my first PbP game for Shadowrun that I'm running on another board.

JDragon
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Okay, Jack is good enough to be considered an average professional in electronics, influence and stealth. He's in slightly better than average shape, has some natural athletic ability and is otherwise pretty average. He can shoot a pistol or defend himself unarmed if he has to, but what he does best is infiltrate corporate or political enviornments, earn trust and use it to gain access to information which he can sell or use. He knows enough about corps and finances to be useful.
JDragon
BTW - How are we going to be doing dice rolls for the game?

JDragon
ludomastro
I trust that everyone is honest, so you can roll for yourself. On this one, roll your Data Search + Browse and let me know how many hits you get.
ludomastro
It's time for bed, guys. I'll be back tomorrow evening.

FYI: My local time is 12:14 am and the posted time on-line is 1:27 am. So, apart from being an hour difference, 2100 for me is 2213 on DS.
JDragon
Later, It will be around 10 pacific that I get home from work tomorrow night.

JDragon
Whizbang
Zelda's fortes are electronics, and pretty much anything online. She's a fair shot with a pistol, and can still talk to people.
Smilin_Jack
Sorry for the delay gang, works been sort of hectic for the past 2 days. Here’s the physical description and I’ll make my IC post before 9PM EST (or as close to it as I can).

Description
[ Spoiler ]
ludomastro
My appologies for getting here late. My wife decided that we needed to go to dinner. Any of you who have a wife or girlfriend will know that arguing is not only futile but stupid.

I'm back and will be here til a little after midnight, Mountain time.
Whizbang
Hmm....seems you tend to be active a bit late for me, as it's my bedtime now. Oh well...guess I'll just be happy with getting a post a day.
ludomastro
Hey all, I tried to make a quick edit to a bit of the post for most of your answers and the forum ate half of it. I tried to rebuild but the reading may be a little off the original. Just let me know if that causes any problems.

Unless you see some issues with the method, I intend to put only two replys per post. That way, I minimize that chance that something is lost. Once everyone is together, then no harm done.
JDragon
makes sense to me.

JDragon
Smilin_Jack
Works for me Alex.

Sorry for my late start - things have cooled down enough here that I got a chance to post.

Kiedo
Umm, those Hammerli 620S's get a total of -5 dice to anyone trying to notice them, FYI (-2 light pistol, -2 lined coat, -1 concealable holster). He's giving her the fifty to try and distract her from noticing the guns.

Also I'd like to take a look around.
[ Spoiler ]
Kiedo
Hey Alex, your not a Reel Big Fish fan by any chance are you (or of Dr. Seuss)?

12RB Fish

Reel Big Fish formed in 1992

If it's pure coincidence, then just call me crazy.

or is could be

1 fish, 2 fish, red fish, blue fish.

Dr. Seuss is always a nice choice.

I started wondering after reading somebody commenting on the strange reservation code, IC.
ludomastro
QUOTE (Kiedo)
or is could be

1 fish, 2 fish, red fish, blue fish.

Dr. Seuss is always a nice choice.

Yes it is. I have four year old twins and a two year old so Dr. Seuss is a frequent companion in my home.
Kiedo
Haha, I knew it, the Reel Big Fish angle was shakey at best.

You know this run is slowly gaining more and more literary refrences, Dr. Seuss, and now JDragon's fake ID claims he's Indiana Jones. What's next Moby Dick, lol.

I can see it now,

Wes walks up extending his hand to the Johnson, "Call me Ghost." Many years ago - how many is not really important - I was broke and was bored with being on land. So I thought I'd get a job, sailing around the world...
ludomastro
@Kiedo

Mordred has a total pool of 8 for percetion, +3 for paying attention, -5 for all the concealability on Ghost.

6 dice, threshold of 4 (Ghost is hidding this stuff). Critical Glitch!

He assumes that Ghost/Wes is not packing and forgets to ask him to take off the coat.
Kiedo
SWEET.

I'm going to start counting literary refrences. I have skimmed over other people's posts and including my own there are four, I've found.

the reservation code (Dr. Seuss)
Mordred (King Arthur Legends)
Dr. Jones proffessor of history (Indiana Jones)
Nazola (Stephen King's The Dark Tower Series)

By the way Nazola, if you haven't read TDTS, is a soft drink, that tastes like cream soda mixed with root beer.
Smilin_Jack
Hehe

Jane - Tarzan (Edgar Rice Burroughs)

Or that could just be a random name. wink.gif

ludomastro
QUOTE (Smilin_Jack)

Hehe

Jane - Tarzan (Edgar Rice Burroughs)

Or that could just be a random name.  ;)

Nope, just random on that one.

@ Nikoli
Are you palming, hiding, concealing the weapons? I am assuming yes for now.

As it turns out, Jane doesn't know much about checking for weapons so you pass through without a hitch - weapons included.
Smilin_Jack
Ok - really dumb question. Did we decide if we already knew each other or not?

Looking over the OOC thread - it appears we all thought it was a good idea, but did we actually decide? question.gif

Kiedo
I'm all for it. Wes, is quiet naturally, well except for the conversations he has with himself anyway. So even if we decided we all knew each other, he'd be doing pretty much the same thing. The only thing he would do differently, would be to comment on Jack's food to him instead of to Raven, his other (or alter ego if you prefer, but other just sounds so much cooler).

I honestly thought I was the first person in the room, else I'd have said hello to everybody using the name they normally would go by.
ludomastro
@Kiedo

You were the first in the room.
Kiedo
I'm assuming that Wes is the "tall human in a duster", he's an elf, I know the background said he had human looking, but I deicided that it would really be believable considering other parts of his history

[ Spoiler ]
ludomastro
@ Kiedo

[ Spoiler ]
Kiedo
fine by me.
ludomastro
All,

I hope that the staggered arrival time has not been too confusing. I am doing the best that I can.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012