Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If Deus was around today...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
-X-
Please ignore for a moment the possibility that a much more innocent Deus may have last been seen in a sort of playdate with what was left of Mirage and The-AI-Formerly-Known-as-Morgana.

I'm wondering what a similarly motivated AI would shove into its minions given SR4 technology.

1. For the super basic package would just a Simrig and Commlink be enough?

2. Would even that be necessary? Is a technomancer such a mystical thing that an AI would never be able to fake its effects like Deus faked the resonance for its temporary Otaku? (Not its full on Disciple Style Whites, just the crude Otaku he made of pretty much everyone.) Maybe one of those nice baptismal nutrient baths with a decent set of trodes would be enough?

3. As for the equivalent of Blue Banded, I sort of see an AI being an obnoxious min-maxer, so what kind of cyberware is the cheesiest?

4. What about for mages? (I was thinking Platelet Factories and maybe a synaptic accelerator.)

Thanks for any help. (I'd rather not say just why I'm asking since three(!!!) of my players just went all wishy-washy on me and since it's for an IRC game I may come here begging for folks to sign up.)
Jaid
Please ignore for a moment the possibility that a much more innocent Deus may have last been seen in a sort of playdate with what was left of Mirage and The-AI-Formerly-Known-as-Morgana.

I'm wondering what a similarly motivated AI would shove into its minions given SR4 technology.

1. For the super basic package would just a Simrig and Commlink be enough?
i would probably add a datajack (maybe even the version that is encrypted). and a signal booster (don't want them getting away, right?), and probably eyes, ears, and such (so that they can record and send information to the AI). if you allow the simrig to automatically record and transmit non-simsense, then the eyes and ears wouldn't be so important though, i guess.

2. Would even that be necessary?  Is a technomancer such a mystical thing that an AI would never be able to fake its effects like Deus faked the resonance for its temporary Otaku? (Not its full on Disciple Style Whites, just the crude Otaku he made of pretty much everyone.)  Maybe one of those nice baptismal nutrient baths with a decent set of trodes would be enough?
hard to say. really, the otaku were also something that didn't make sense to be able to duplicate, IMO, but deus did. that being said, i wouldn't expect true technomancers really at all... they wouldn't be able to compile/decompile and such, for example, and probably wouldn't be able to thread complex forms. in fact, anything that uses resonance i probably wouldn't give at all. in any event, they wouldn't be affected by essence loss either (unlike technomancers) which would further distinguish them from true technomancers.

3.  As for the equivalent of Blue Banded, I sort of see an AI being an obnoxious min-maxer, so what kind of cyberware is the cheesiest?
i would say skillwires would be up there. definitely these guys would have some kind of reflex enhancers, and i would say definitely give them cybereyes and ears. probably also muscle replacement. in all cases, bioware equivalents would also be reasonable substitutions if that's what the AI does. probably a pain editor though, as it doesn't care if they die IMO.

4.  What about for mages?  (I was thinking Platelet Factories and maybe a synaptic accelerator.)
definitely gonna go bioware as much as possible with these guys, i agree. not sure on exactly what though... really, not much will go into these guys at all, IMO. perhaps something equivalent to the old auto-injector, loaded with various combat drugs or something?

Thanks for any help.  (I'd rather not say just why I'm asking since three(!!!)  of my players just went all wishy-washy on me and since it's for an IRC game I may come here begging for folks to sign up.)
no problem.
-X-
QUOTE (Jaid)
3.  As for the equivalent of Blue Banded, I sort of see an AI being an obnoxious min-maxer, so what kind of cyberware is the cheesiest?
i would say skillwires would be up there. definitely these guys would have some kind of reflex enhancers, and i would say definitely give them cybereyes and ears. probably also muscle replacement. in all cases, bioware equivalents would also be reasonable substitutions if that's what the AI does. probably a pain editor though, as it doesn't care if they die IMO.

All good info, but the pain editor idea is inspired. Of course most if not all NewBanded would have a pain editor and a biomonitor. Probably with most banded both would be under the AI's control (rather than the characters).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012