Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC pets?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
emo samurai
My group will, some time down the way, meet up with ultra-puppies and ultra-kittens. What about your group?
Lindt
Ultra puppies and ultra kittens? Why not a blackberry cat? That will REALLY screw with them.

emo samurai
That wouldn't really count as a pet, now, would it?
WyldKarde
Talis cat! Just don't forget to feed it and change it's litter tray regularly. If it gets torqued off you'll certainly know about it. smile.gif
Kanada Ten
One of the PCs in my game wants a Kludde.
emo samurai
I will feed it and hug it and care for it and let it lick my face, even if it just ate a baby.
Ancient History
So your pet is a kobold?
emo samurai
Can kobolds breathe fire or fly? No. Therefore, a kobold is not my pet.
Lindt
Heheh, Youd THINK a Blackberry Cat would be your pet...

AH, my hero =)
No, but it can eat your baby and knock you out if you dont know its there.
Prospero
I've had characters with a mimic snake for a pet (just fun to screw around with) and a gomatia as a pet (mainly used to keep down the rat population in a decidedly nasty safe-house).
emo samurai
What if you shapeshifted into the same type of animal as your pet? I bet that would be fun.
nezumi
I gave one character an orange and white tabby. I like kitties.
emo samurai
Dude, shapeshift into a german shepherd and carry the kittens around in your mouth! That would be awesome!
nezumi
I suspect my kitties would complain if a dog tried to carry them around in its mouth. Then again, my kitties are a bit big to ride in a dog's mouth. I think, in general, cats would prefer to ride on the dog's back, preferably while holding a riding crop. Cats aren't really big on 'transportation in a bigger creature's mouth'.

Actually, my cats would probably prefer I give them the car keys and make everything paw-accessible.
emo samurai
Dude, mommy cats carry kittens by the napes of their necks all the time. I'd assume kittens'd be okay with dogs doing it, too.
Catsnightmare
One of my characters had pets rats and was a card carrying member of the Fancy Rat and Mouse Club of the UCAS. Another player I had made a character who was a parrot enthusiast and had a pet bird of her own.

Which brings me to wonder about what kinds of expanded-speech capable metavarient parrots there may be in the SR universe.
John Campbell
One of my PCs (a max-Will dwarven sorcerer) has a "pet" blackberry kitten. The cat learned pretty early on that his little mind control tricks don't work on me, but that I'm willing to feed him anyway. We've established a relationship of mutual assistance and respect on that basis. I operate the can opener for him, he keeps an eye on the flat when I'm out, and neither of us tries anything on the other.

My colleague, the not-so-max-Will Raven shaman, detests the cat. There seems to be some disagreement as to who is allowed to mind control whom involved. So far, I think the cat is winning.
emo samurai
How does even 7 willpower resist a blackberry cat?
Kanada Ten
In SR3, the 7 (probably 8, actually) was the target number and the resistance dice. The blackberry cat is rolling 6 dice (essence) against a TN of 8, while John's PC is rolling 8 dice against a TN of 6. It's not always a sure thing, but the reverse usually is.
emo samurai
I see. And in SR4, the blackberry cat would probably win, wouldn't it?
Crusher Bob
Well, in SR4, I would assume that the cat would roll stat plus skill (10 dice?) vs your willpower (assuming at cool.gif which means hello mind control. Of course, offense in generally more powerful in SR4 than in SR3, so there you go.
BookWyrm
I'll have to look up the Blackberry Cat again, but I'm kind of partial to the Talis Cat.
emo samurai
That thing rocks so fucking hard, it would totally wipe out animal control in a week.
nezumi
QUOTE (emo samurai)
Dude, mommy cats carry kittens by the napes of their necks all the time. I'd assume kittens'd be okay with dogs doing it, too.

Kittens aren't cats. A baby human gets all his sustenance on demad through breasts. that doesn't mean... Alright, bad comparison. But full grown cats don't like to be carried by the nape of their neck, they don't like to be carried IN another creature's mouth, and they certaily won't like a big, stupid dog slobberig all over them.
emo samurai
That big, stupid dog is ME, asshole. mad.gif
nezumi
QUOTE (emo samurai)
That big, stupid dog is ME, asshole. mad.gif

My favorite insults are the ones where I don't have to say a thing smile.gif

(Keep in mind, in the eyes of my cat, I'm just a big, stupid human, my little boy is a little stupid human, the other cat is a stupidfat cat, so on and so forth. In the eyes of a cat, the only thing worthy of attention is said cat.)
mmu1
Ah, cats... I love cats.

A friend of mine has four, and used a Super Soaker as a crowd-control tool. It'd usually end up in my hands, since naturally, the fact I'm allergic to the furballs means they'll try to spend as much time rubbing up against me and shedding on my clothes as possible.

It took a while, but now that I can reliably make head-shots with it at 15 feet (or keep the stream of water on them for a couple of seconds, mocking their pitiful attempts at escape - bwahahaha) they leave me alone, and will just sit in a far corner of the room, under a desk, staring at me balefully. Who says cats can't be trained? smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012