Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: street magic
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Casper
So mostly through the 2nd quarter and still no word of street magic. Very lame.
Ancient History
Keep your pants on.
Zen Shooter01
It's the tao of FanPro.
Ophis
Hmm bitching about books being late, how refreshing...
Butterblume
Damn, I am late for bitching. But then, I wait for unwired, so plenty of opportunities left biggrin.gif.
fool
street magic hell, lets talk about the gm screen in hard copy. WTF Been out on pdf for how long and they still can't get it out irl
blakkie
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Keep your pants on.

Why?
Adam
Because if pants come off during playtesting everyone gets distracted. wink.gif
maeel
whats the approximately eta of street magic..? this quarter ? Q3? Q4?
James McMurray
I believe the commonly held estimate is "eventually." Some add "We hope."
emo samurai
Realize that On The Run came out in March, and it was slated for 1Q release. Technically, it made it.
maeel
QUOTE (emo samurai)
Realize that On The Run came out in March, and it was slated for 1Q release. Technically, it made it.

u wont hear me cheer.......
emo samurai
I wasn't expecting to.
maeel
i just hope CCP is going to keep it promise and releases KALI early in Q2. that might help to wait for street magic......
James McMurray
Was it the pdf that made it, the print version, or both?
Tycho
At the Nordcon in Hamburg(Germany) was sayed:

Streetmagic will be released at "Gencon"

the German Version at "Spiel 06"

thats not 100% safe, of course.

cya
Tycho
BishopMcQ
Purely a guess, but they released SR4 at GenCon Indy last year. This year, they will need to have some kind of product support for it and will most likely be pushing On The Run, the GM Screen and Street Magic. It'd probably be too much to ask for Street Magic and say Unwired, but I can always hope.

There is also the chance that additional books will be released for GenCon SoCal and thus be in stores for the holidays, but again that's just me wishing...
Synner
On the Run and the GM screen are currently available. Runner Havens is being prepped for release, though I think Origins would be a good bet for that. Street Magic is in final editing and playtesting and should be ready for GenCon. There might be other surprises, but its too early to tell.
Casper
I knew it would still be in playtesting.
Geekkake
QUOTE (Casper)
I knew it would still be in playtesting.

As much as I want the goddamned book in my grubby hands already, I'd rather see it tested and edited than not.
Nasrudith
Agreed we don't need something super unbalancing, like say an instant death spell.
emo samurai
Yes we do.
mdynna
You're not making a veiled shot at the Turn to Goo spell are you? If you are then please use some Search-Foo but you go off on a half-cocked rant.
James McMurray
Don't worry emo. I'm sure the spell creation and foci creation rules will give you all your heart's desires in powerland. smile.gif
emo samurai
Slay Western Dragon force bajillion!!!
James McMurray
Go for it. He'll just keep making you reroll successes until you fail to affect him. Then do the same on the drain test. Assuming you have a way to soak bajillion/2 + 1 drain. smile.gif
Geekkake
QUOTE (emo samurai)
Yes we do.

I'm desperately hoping that the slowness in book release means the developers and playtesters are paying attention to what you want, and then doing the goddamned exact opposite.

You are plague to SR. You are an abomination. Add that to your fucking signature.
maeel
QUOTE (James McMurray)
Don't worry emo. I'm sure the spell creation and foci creation rules will give you all your heart's desires in powerland. smile.gif

i will never understand, why they didnt add these rules to the core book, same goes for vehicles, weapons, cyber and wifi stuff....

give players some decent creation rules instead of a huge pile of shitty examples...
Geekkake
QUOTE (maeel)
QUOTE (James McMurray @ May 29 2006, 02:18 PM)

i will never understand, why they didnt add these rules to the core book, same goes for vehicles, weapons, cyber and wifi stuff....

give players some decent creation rules instead of a huge pile of shitty examples...

Maybe they assumed you could make new gear and spells on your own, without someone wiping your ass for you.
Eyeless Blond
QUOTE (Geekkake)
You are plague to SR. You are an abomination. Add that to your fucking signature.

Heh, he totally should, and remember to tag your name at the end.

Damn, I wish *I* could be an abomination...

As for Street Magic, so long as they have rules for Ally spirits I'll be happy. I'll be even happier if they were *good* rules. smile.gif
Geekkake
QUOTE (Eyeless Blond @ May 29 2006, 04:53 PM)
QUOTE (Geekkake @ May 29 2006, 01:43 PM)

Heh, he totally should, and remember to tag your name at the end.

Damn, I wish *I* could be an abomination...

As for Street Magic, so long as they have rules for Ally spirits I'll be happy. I'll be even happier if they were *good* rules. smile.gif

The likelihood is about the same as emo cutting his ridiculous shag.
emo samurai
WTF is a shag?

QUOTE (Geekake)

Yeah, well, your mom.

If Fanpro did the opposite of what I wanted, then SR would no longer be awesome. You'd just have a bunch of dumbasses in expensive black trenchcoats whining about capitalism and the violence of the street and shit.
Geekkake
QUOTE (emo samurai)
WTF is a shag?

Careful, the other emo kids will kick you out of the Cutters Club for that.
emo samurai
Is that a club where they cut shit with Katanas? If so, then I totally want to stay in it.
Witness
Easy folks. You know they're just itching to let you get your hands on it. But you also know they don't want to give you any excuse to complain that it hasn't been properly tested if they can possibly avoid it. Always with the 'put yourself in their position'. Always.
Grinder
QUOTE (Nasrudith)
Agreed we don't need something super unbalancing, like say an instant death spell.

Summon puppies instead? biggrin.gif
NightHaunter
QUOTE (emo samurai)
WTF is a shag?

Werewolf the Forsaken is a Shag!
Dude weak!
NightHaunter
Personally the wait doesn't bother me too much.
I can house rule most of the stuff, already.

And as long as my tome of spells, spirits and metamagic comes fully playtested i'm cool.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012