Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Old-School Matrix Topology Visuals
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JRDobbs
Dumpshock as seen as a graph (looks kind of like the old matrix topology--I was thinking it would make a good visual for deckers). Try it with the website of your choice by replacing the terminal URL.
hobgoblin
ouch, firefox didnt like that link frown.gif
JRDobbs
Hmm. I'm using FF 1.5.0.3 (mac) and have no problems. Just takes a few seconds to load.
hobgoblin
heh, maybe its my old computer then. only, it didnt hog the CPU in any way. firefox just stalled, interface and all becoming unresponsive at best...
PH3NOmenon
looks kewl, but it's annoying you can't really put any meaning behind it, for all i know i could be staring at some random dots...

ah well, it's not like i haven't done that before...
hobgoblin
hmm, now it works fine. i wonder what happend the last time...

looks cool. alltho as the post above me says, there is no indication about what the dots represent...
Austere Emancipator
That's what bothers me the most as well. Reduces it to a purely visual toy, if a cool one.

[Started mapping CNN.Com like 15 minutes ago, and it's still going. That's one horribly messy setup.]
Tiralee
God damn! But that's purty!

I _think_ I can understand it - having it rendered in 3-d would be rather freakishly cool...

...And then have the titles of the directory's pop up faintly...yeah, now that's a cool visual.

-Tir.

Lindt
Wow... I have to go open that on my desktop now. Its making my laptop suffer...
Lindt
What the dots MEAN.

Wow.... its so pretty, and now it MEANS something. Scary
hobgoblin
makes me wonder what the form "nova" in the forum comes from...

so its not so much that it maps pages and how they link. it takes one page and basicly breaks its html structure down into a graphics. its not like it builds a tree of how the whole site is interlinked (doing that on cnn, and you would still be waiting 4 days later or something).

ah. found what the nova is, a drop down menu nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012