Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Lugh Surehand mess.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
MITJA3000+
The title is self-explanatory. I read at The Ancient Files that Lugh Surehand got ousted from Tir Tairngire, and though it isn't an official SR-book, I still trust that information blindly. Well, spill your beans blokes!
Ophis
He gets ousted around Crash 2.0. Mentioned in System Failure. It seems to be to do with the Rinelle's and the New Revolution (UCAS not the only place where they attempt a coup). I'd love to know who's in charge now. Maybe the Seattle bit in Runner Havens will give us some hints seeing as the Tir is un Seattle's doorstep pretty much.
MITJA3000+
Also kinda interesting is the changes in the council of princes. Ehran, Surehand, Oakforest and Lofwyr quitting in a relatively short amount of time.
hobgoblin
hmm, i dont care so much about whats going on inside the tir. what worrys me is where those that quit are at present. and what they are up to...
Trax
QUOTE (hobgoblin)
hmm, i dont care so much about whats going on inside the tir. what worrys me is where those that quit are at present. and what they are up to...

The same thing they do every night. Try to take over the world!
hobgoblin
ugh, time to put them in a cage then and study them like the labrats they are...
PBTHHHHT
*starts calculating the size and strength of the ratcage needed to contain Lofwyr...*
hobgoblin
just hit him with a 3-digit force shapechange...
mfb
given the timing, it'd take a lot of convincing to get me to believe the NR didn't have a part in it.
SL James
Probably moreso as a distraction in the bigger picture, which is not how I would have handled it, but... eh. Force Surehand to declare an act of national emergency, which forces an automatic vote of no-confidence. If that is engineered correctly then between Princes who can be persuaded to turn on him and Princes who can be delayed from voting long enough (absence counts as a "Yea" vote), there are ways to get the 9 votes needed to oust him, assuming that preceding that there weren't moves made to cull certain Princes from the Council in the first place.

It's all very political and a bit complicated, but the process has been in place since TT was released. Short of a conflict which could tear the country apart (socially, magically, even a bit physically considering who we're discussing), it is the most convenient process to set in motion.

What happens next, though. Well... I've had some interesting ideas about that.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (MITJA3000+)
Also kinda interesting is the changes in the council of princes. Ehran, Surehand, Oakforest and Lofwyr quitting in a relatively short amount of time.

...rats escaping from a sinking ship.

Shadows of North America laid a foundation for what could be the eventual collapse of "The Land of Promise".

Keep in mind who took over Lofie's seat on the council after he split for the greener lairs of the Fatherland.
fistandantilus4.0
on what James sais, the Tir holds an annual vote of no confidence on May 1st. So far Lugh's had no problems. But if you could convince a few, and kidnap a few... They have 72 hours to cast their vote (the Prince's on the council that is). If they don't show in that time, their vote is automatically to oust the high Prince. I have this happy image of only Hestaby and Lugh sitting there for 72 hours, him sweating , her smiling.
Kyoto Kid

With the TT in a state of upheaval, The Rinelle pretty much in control of it's largest city, Portland, and society having basically fallen apart, I sense the end of the line for the Land of Promise as we know it may be just around the Bend (yeah, bad pun intended).

Hestaby? Hard to say what she may be up to (as is the case with any GD). Still seemed awfully strange that the the princes would grant her a seat on the council considering her involvement with the Northern Crescent.

It will be interesting to see how things play out in forthcoming sourcebooks & novels.
Lindt
Hestaby? Didnt she win that seat in SotF?

Either way, any time one of my fav. powerplayers in the Sr cannon gets to f*ck sh*t up, is fine by me.
Member #5177
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
Still seemed awfully strange that the the princes would grant her a seat on the council considering her involvement with the Northern Crescent.

How they accepted their enemy to the council was supposedly covered in a cancelled novel.

QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
the Tir holds an annual vote of no confidence on May 1st. So far Lugh's had no problems. But if you could convince a few, and kidnap a few... They have 72 hours to cast their vote (the Prince's on the council that is). If they don't show in that time, their vote is automatically to oust the high Prince. I have this happy image of only Hestaby and Lugh sitting there for 72 hours, him sweating, her smiling.

Since there has been a 5 year jump in the timeline, it would make sense that such an outcome is old history. If the writers/publishers are consistent, it looks like we will get a glossed over explanation of an improbable outcome.
Voran
I have to wonder if the people that were ousted planned to do so. As mentioned, the last stuff I saw on the Tir indicated that it had record poverty, discontent, etc etc. So would you want to be in charge of that when it eventually blows up? I'd find a way to make it look like I wasn't intentionally ditching, so in that sense getting kicked out might be a better public option.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Voran)
I have to wonder if the people that were ousted planned to do so.  As mentioned, the last stuff I saw on the Tir indicated that it had record poverty, discontent, etc etc.  So would you want to be in charge of that when it eventually blows up?  I'd find a way to make it look like I wasn't intentionally ditching, so in that sense getting kicked out might be a better public option.

...Yeah, sounds like something those slimy Tir slots would do to save what little face they have left.

KK's backstory deals with this topic as well but on a more personal level.
SL James
I put someone even more ruthless than Surehand in his place. TT is not by any means a happy-shiny place, but the economy's chugging along nicely. Even if you can't walk on a sidewalk in Portland without getting Fireballed by a mage sitting in a bunker a mile under the Earth.
Synner
QUOTE (Member #5177)
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
Still seemed awfully strange that the the princes would grant her a seat on the council considering her involvement with the Northern Crescent.

How they accepted their enemy to the council was supposedly covered in a cancelled novel.

Though the novel was cancelled, the story of what may have happened was discreetly introduced in Dragons of the Sixth World (although you have to look through 3 different chapters to piece it together).
Kyoto Kid
...currently, I have the TT still in shambles, both politically and economically. The Rinelle has been gaining ground among the many disenfranchised, including those who once were once part of the elite. Agreed, Portland isn't a very nice place to be, but it's not because of the mage in the bunker as much as it is the various factions of the Rinelle all fighting for a bigger piece of the pie (think Belfast of the 20th century).
SL James
Heh. The Rinelle. Silly kids.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012