Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: valve hammet map editor and SR
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Straight Razor
ok so i decided that it would be really cool if there was a counter strike, TFC, or deathmatch map set to SR's urban brawl. http://www.intercom.net/user/logan1/ubl.htm

then i relised that learning to use the hammer editor was more that i wanted to deal with right now. so i was hopeing someone could pick up this idea.
TimeKeeper
We had this idea back in the day... there were two camps (or at least two thoughts about it):

One dedicated server where you made an actual player complete with stats and everything, then my KISS thought (Keeping it simple, slacker).

Using the rules from BKK you selected your class (which was really just a limit to both speed and starting armor) and then your personal sidearm.
One team was neon-green/blue the other was safety-orange/red.

I wanted to make a game that was somewhere between TFC and CS in that it was easy to pick up and play.

The only thing I couldn't figure out how to impletment was the Outrider. Course with HL2 that could be solved now.

Did I mention that the original UB ideas where for HL1?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012