Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steel Lynx
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
phasmaphobic
Anyone seen any pictures of the Steel Lynx drone? How big is it, really?
Raygun
There are pictures of the Steel Lynx in the Fields of Fire sourcebook (2nd Ed). Unfortunately, I don't have the book with me at the moment, nor do I have a scanner. It's one of the cooler-looking drones I think, like a small tank with four independent "arms" at each corner with a wheel on each end, so that it can traverse difficult terrain easily, or pop up from behind cover.

There is a comparison picture as well, with a human standing next to it. IIRC, it's fairly large (like a human could sit on top of its turret and take a ride), but it's very low to the ground, maybe 2.5-3 feet tall, with the capability of raising up to about 6 feet or so on its "arms". All from memory here, so I may be off some. Anyway, it's a cool drone, I think, but it definitely looks to be military equipment.
phasmaphobic
Ah, sweet. I knew i sounded familiar. Now I just gotta pull out my old SR2 and earlier books from storage...
Squinky
Yeah, they are rocking. I'd like to think I was not the only one that wanted to make a dwarf rigger, and modify one so he could ride on it.....
Dranem
Here's a clip of your Steel Lynx from the FoF sourcebook.
Demon_Bob
According to the picture could navigate through standard doors?
Would it have to make a driving test of some type?
Dranem
It looks no larger that a baby stroller...

I can't see why one would need a driving check, seeing as - unless your rigging it - the drone's pilot seems to manage well enough on its own...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012