Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Utility chemicals? Where are those again?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ShadowDragon8685
Okay, perhaps, no likely I'm an idiot. Anyway...

Trying to make an SR4 character. On page 329, there is a listing for Utility Chemicals and combat chemicals in a table. That is, glue sprayer, thermite burning bar, and various chemical compounds......

But I cannot seem to find them written up in the book. The book's write-ups go from Grapple guns and assorted accessories (which are under survival items) straight to BioTech, which has it's tables on the next page. I'm really kinda curious to know what glue sprayers and Thermine Burning Bars are. (Especially thermite burning bars, because those fun. smile.gif ))
Dranem
Descriptions for the Survival gear start on p. 327 ...
Aaron
PDFs are your friend. More specifically, the search function in the PDF reader is your friend.
ShadowDragon8685
Aaron: That's lovely. I'd love to use the Search function on Adobe Acrobat.

Excepting that until the year 2070, Adobe Acrobat probably won't be compatable with my hardback book, ya? Think before ya lay out a smart-ass comment, wise-guy.

Dranem: You meant Chemicals, right? Either way, thanks. I didn't look a page back - doy! frown.gif
Edward
I would like to express my pride at being the first person to actually look at the problem.

I cant find the prices ether. I suspect they forgot. Same as they did with drugs.

hobgoblin
grapple gun and thermite stick, page 327.
combat chemicals, 246...
Edward
The glue sprayer and the thermite burning bar, described on page 327, as well as all drugs and combat chemicals described on page 246 and 247 do not have listed prices or availabilities.

Is anybody aware of errata, expansions or FAQs that cover this laps.

Edward
Glayvin34
QUOTE (Edward)
The glue sprayer and the thermite burning bar, described on page 327, as well as all drugs and combat chemicals described on page 246 and 247 do not have listed prices or availabilities.

Is anybody aware of errata, expansions or FAQs that cover this laps.

Edward

Combat Chemical prices are on page 329. There's nothing in there for the glue sprayer, the thermite burning bar or drugs. Not having prices or availability on drugs really mucks up RPing addiction.
hobgoblin
err, the glue sprayer and the thermite bar is right above the combat chemical prices...

as for the street drugs, i would expect those prices to fluxuate based on lone star crackdowns and all that (or maybe a future book will cover them with more detail).
Glayvin34
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Jun 8 2006, 03:35 PM)
err, the glue sprayer and the thermite bar is right above the combat chemical prices...

as for the street drugs, i would expect those prices to fluxuate based on lone star crackdowns and all that (or maybe a future book will cover them with more detail).

Crazy. The ALMIGHTY pdf search function didn't pick up "thermite" or "glue sprayer" in the table.
Edward
So it is, only 3 pages below the description,

Available 16R for thermite, I am so getting me a license saying I work at a heavy sacramental processing site. Shame there is no such thing as street index any more, I could have made a fortune

The price of guns and BTLs on the street should fluctuate as well but we still have base prices listed for those.

Cain
Of course, you could just collect used soda cans and scrape the rust off old cars in the Barrens. After that, all you need is an accurate enough scale, and you have thermite.
nezumi
They make cars and soda containers with metal in the future? That's crazy talk.
wind_in_the_stones
QUOTE (Edward)
a license saying I work at a heavy sacramental processing site.

Now that would really be something! rotfl.gif
Edward
Curse my reliance on spellcheckers.

Scrap metal, of cause you already knew that.

Edward
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012