Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Here's an interesting thought...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Foreigner
I was wondering:

Could there be a connection between Lone Star and this RL company?

Lone Star Comics

It's a comic book and RPG store in Texas.

P.S.: Sorry, folks. I double-posted earlier, and couldn't delete the extra one.

--Foreigner
Calvin Hobbes
My thoughts are vauge ont he subject, but I feel very strongly about it.
HalloranElder
I disagree, but I don't want to explain any further and start a flame war.
Calvin Hobbes
I'm extrapolating that you hate me, and are just make an attack against my person.
Catsnightmare
Ahhh, Lone Star Comics. This brings back childhood memories, I used to get all my comics and RPG's from Lone Star back in jr high and high school.
Taran
Is it a Texas-based corporation? More likely the two are both drawing from Texas' nickname: "the Lone Star State".
Shrike30
I was wondering:

Could there be a connection between Lone Star and this RL state?

Texas

It's a state in the USA.
nezumi
Shrike, is that a serious question? Or a joke?

(The answer is yes, Lone Star started in Texas and took its name from there.)
Shrike30
Sorry, forgot the nyahnyah.gif
Akimbo
Or perhaps Lone Star from Spaceballs?
Moon-Hawk
There's only one man who would DARE give me the raspberry!
Lone Star!
Calvin Hobbes
It's the reason I have an RV in our SR game.
psyberian
no relation, move along, nothing to see here.....

I actually used their subscription service for a while. It was ok, nothing great, comics aren't bagged and boarded and packed really tight which could bend bindings. They also had issue with changing addresses if you moved. I went with a local store, which I should have in the first place, and am much happier.
ronin3338
I'll go you one better, I used to work for them.

If you have to have something, and nobody else has it, order from Amazon. Their service and respect for gamers has completely deteriorated over the past 5 years. They're still great for comics, and pretty good for action figures, but unless it's the hot new CCG or collectible whatever, they're not that interested in your business.
Kyoto Kid
...in RL Portland (TT), there used to be a concrete firm named Lonestar.
Protagonist
QUOTE (Shrike30)
I was wondering:

Could there be a connection between Lone Star and this RL state?

Texas

It's a state in the USA.

eek.gif rotfl.gif
Toptomcat
Give him a break, folks, he's a Foreigner.
biggrin.gif grinbig.gif
Daddy's Little Ninja
More likely this will come out of Japan. A couple of weeks ago a lot of the traffic warden/meter maid stuff was licenced out to a private company. There are a lot of complaints. The companies are for profit and get a take on how many tickets they write. The Government thinks they will get an increase in revenue. People are worried the private corps will be more heavy handed, giving tickets where a real policeman might just give a warning.

There has already been a case where a man kicked one of the traffic wardens working for a private company and then drove off. Of coure his plate had been written down.- here is the tie in to SR- Although the warden worked for a private corporation, he was working under a contract issued by the government so the man is being charged with assaulting a police officer.
Foreigner
QUOTE (Toptomcat)
Give him a break, folks, he's a Foreigner.
biggrin.gif grinbig.gif

Toptomcat:

I resemble that remark!

nyahnyah.gif

--Foreigner
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012