Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One week left to win Sprawl Sites from #S-Run!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
SuperFly
The #S-Run Shadowrun Community is celebrating our 'Summer of Shadowrun' with bi-weekly prize giveaways through the end of August! As a step-up from our normal monthly prize drawings, this gives fans double the chance to win some great Shadowrun and cyberpunk-related goodies -- all free-of-charge and courtesy of #S-Run!

If you haven't checked us out yet, you'll be happy to know that we're the best, most active, and now largest IRC Shadowrun Community worldwide. We play almost nightly, with more games and campaigns cropping up with every new patron.

#S-Run is also the only place where you'll find subtitled versions of the cream-of-the-crop Shadowrun fan films from Germany -- starting with Last Team Standing. So come on by and pay us a visit. Browse the website, enjoy the game logs, see the movie/music/videogame information, and then join the channel on IRC's Undernet.

"We are Shadowrun Noir."
Jrayjoker
Is this the same #S-Run that originally was formed because Dumpshock wasn't to the founders' liking? Just asking.
SuperFly
It sure is.

The entire channel/community history -- from what it began as to what it has now become -- is available on the website (www.s-run.com) under '#S-Run Community Info'.
SL James
Oooh... IRC.
BookWyrm
The only drawback is....I already have all the books for SR, so I can't really enter the contest unless they have something I want.
SuperFly
QUOTE (BookWyrm @ Jun 8 2006, 08:26 PM)
The only drawback is....I already have all the books for SR, so I can't really enter the contest unless they have something I want.

That makes perfect sense. Luckily, the drawings are happening twice a month until the end of the August (rather than once a month as normal), so there will be a new prize up for grabs on the 15th that isn't an SR book, but STILL cyberpunk-related and a good thing to grab.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (SuperFly)
It sure is.

The entire channel/community history -- from what it began as to what it has now become -- is available on the website (www.s-run.com) under '#S-Run Community Info'.

From that site:

#S-Run was founded on Tuesday, October 15, 1996 by Cavalier (AKA: CrazyJ) to escape what he saw as "the Nazi regime" that was -- at the time -- Undernet's #Shadowrun. With him went a handful of dedicated players who were also sick and tired of the munchkinism and intolerant attitudes many of the channel's senior operators displayed. Later, #Shadowrun's leadership pooled its resources and launched 'Dumpshock', one of the largest Shadowrun resources on the internet -- abandoning Undernet for their own servers.

Lol. Without even realizing it, I'm contributing to munchkinism and intolerant attitudes. Wheee!
SL James
Yeah, well.
SuperFly
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ Jun 8 2006, 09:50 PM)
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ Jun 8 2006, 01:49 PM)
Lol.  Without even realizing it, I'm contributing to munchkinism and intolerant attitudes.  Wheee!

I have to point out that the paragraph was meant to illustrate one-man's views and his reasons behind forming a new channel, which has since grown into what it is today.

Likewise, Dumpshock has grown and changed much since it's inception. Any comparisons drawn between the old Undernet leadership and DS's current incarnation are yours and yours alone, my friend.
Calvin Hobbes
But it's another thing to describe your genesis using an ad hominem attack.
Shrike30
Jesus, does this bad blood still exist and perpetuate itself?

EDIT: I should expand on that thought: I, personally, have a hard time imagining keeping a mad-on over things that happened in a game chat room, on the Internet, a decade ago. This is just me, of course. The validity (or existence, for that matter) of anyone's anger is really for that person to judge for themself.
SuperFly
QUOTE (Shrike30)

EDIT: I should expand on that thought: I, personally, have a hard time imagining keeping a mad-on over things that happened in a game chat room, on the Internet, a decade ago. This is just me, of course. The validity (or existence, for that matter) of anyone's anger is really for that person to judge for themself.

Apparently for some.

As I am not Cavalier, I can't comment on his personal opinions on the matter.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Shrike30)

My response to this post has two prongs.

1.) SR has 80s HONAAA! 10 years, smarr time, in wolrd of HONAAA!

2.) Jokes aside I could see how someone who was all about t3h st0ry and t3h ch4r4ct3r might dislike DSF, because here we seem really preoccupied with getting t3h corr3ct RULES DAMMIT, and with overpowered character design. Hell man, we even got a couple people myself included who advocate no fudging, ever. I could see someone who was all about the non-mathematical side of the game getting bent out of shape.
SuperFly
Congratulations to 'Cang' on his win. His free copy of Sprawl Sites will be in the mail tomorrow.

The new contest, whose drawing will go on June 30th, is for a copy of 'Deus Ex 2: Invisible War' bundled with 'Deus Ex: Preview Edition'. Anyone is eligable to enter and win -- especially those of you who already own every SR book and have no need for another (you know who you are). biggrin.gif

Join us anytime on Undernet's #S-Run. We've got 3 campaigns up and running already -- with 2-3 more starting soon -- and pick-up games popping up for the more casual gamers. Get the word out and hope to see you there!
Wounded Ronin
Wait, so how does one win a prize?
Cang
yay i won! hurray for me! biggrin.gif
SuperFly
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin)
Wait, so how does one win a prize?

To win the offered prize one must (of course) visit s-run.com, then click on the "#S-Run Contests" link. This will take them to the appropriate page with rules regarding entry (basically, a specifically titled email with the contestants address info). The emails are then numbered in the order they are recieved, and on the date of the drawing one of the numbers is drawn randomly from a hat.

Duplicate entries for the same address will be ignored. Improperly titled emails or emails containing erroneous/improper information will also be disregarded from entry into the contest. Applicants do not have to be regular patrons of #S-Run, but it would be nice to see their smiling faces around from time to time.

The current prize is a software bundle containing Deus Ex 2 and Deus Ex Trial Edition, both for PC-CDROM.
Mr. Man
The new contest, whose drawing will go on June 30th, is for a copy of 'Deus Ex 2: Invisible War' shiny drink coaster bundled with 'Deus Ex: Preview Edition'.

Fixed.
SuperFly
QUOTE (Mr. Man)
The new contest, whose drawing will go on June 30th, is for a copy of 'Deus Ex 2: Invisible War' shiny drink coaster bundled with 'Deus Ex: Preview Edition'.

Fixed.

Ha!
I've heard both good and bad reviews about the title. Sadly, I still haven't been able to play through either title since they're on my very long list of "Videogames to play" that piled up while I was in Falluja.
Shrike30
DE2 wasn't a bad game. It just wasn't the awesomeness that DE1 was. A lot of the stuff I really liked about DE1 simply wasn't there.
Wounded Ronin
Superfly: thanks for the info.

Personally, I haven't played DE2 yet but I'm willing to at least give it a chance. However, I won't be able to play it for at least a year and a half if I get it now so I may or may not enter in the end.
SuperFly
No problem.
SuperFly
Congratulations to Abschalten on his win of 'Fields of Fire' for the July 15 drawing.

This next prize (July 31 Drawing) is extra special...It's for 2 DVD's, the first being the theatrical cut of Johnny Mnemonic. The second is the ultra-rare "Japanese Extended Cut" of the film, which adds a good 14 minutes of footage as well as a whole new score, re-edited scenes, and loads more character development/plot points/cyberpunk goodness. In fact, it's so good, that it's as if you're watching a completely different movie (I think the JM theatrical cut STINKS, but the Extended Cut is one fo my favorite films).

Good luck to everyone who enters.
Nidhogg
*Drool*

I've been looking *everywhere* for the Japanese theatrical cut of Johnny Mnemonic.
Trax
You have finally put something up that I'm interested in. nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012