Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JongWK

Link #1 (story, pic)

Link #2 (maps, charts, pics, etc)

I just *know* we can make a few good plots with this. cool.gif
Fix-it
Dificulty: No aliens.
Herald of Verjigorm
Bah, anyone can introduce carrot related super-aliens.

Testing of a corporate "hot landing" drop pod.

Lifeboat scale escape pod from an orbital research facility (if you want to toss in something like the carrot related aliens).

Actually organic, someone finally got that orbital juggernaught to crash back to earth, and he's hungry. (or worse, she's pregnant with a larger breed of them)
SL James
I'm disappointed that this didn't involve mass casualties.
emo samurai
Dude, did it just hit in the middle of nowhere or something?
Witness
Guess it must have done.
I find it simply incredible that this didn't make the headlines. More World Cup bollocks than you can shake a stick at here in the UK, but "Giant Meteorite Hits Norway With Force Of Atomic Bomb"? No.
*sigh*
Austere Emancipator
If the map in the first story is accurate, then it definitely counts as Middle of Nowhere. There are more notable mountains in that area than there are towns with population < 200, and zero population "centers" of more than 200 people.
nezumi
QUOTE (Austere Emancipator)
If the map in the first story is accurate, then it definitely counts as Middle of Nowhere.

No no, you misread it. MIddle of NORWAY. Although they do mean almost the same thing.
JongWK
QUOTE (SL James @ Jun 10 2006, 03:02 AM)
I'm disappointed that this didn't involve mass casualties.

That's the problem when it hits in the middle of nowhere Norway. nyahnyah.gif

Had this thing hit somewhere in the US or Southern Europe... ouch.
JongWK
QUOTE (Witness)
Guess it must have done.
I find it simply incredible that this didn't make the headlines. More World Cup bollocks than you can shake a stick at here in the UK, but "Giant Meteorite Hits Norway With Force Of Atomic Bomb"? No.
*sigh*

*insert conspiracy theory here*
Witness
*inserts*

The USA/UCAS government desperately needs to bring a large extraterrestrial body down to earth, in order to study its remains as soon as possible. They send a small probe capable of redirecting it (to a minor degree), and cut a deal with the Norwegian government to crash it into the middle of Norwegian nowhere- where nobody will care about it and it won't make any headlines- so that they can then move in and examine it at leisure.

Meh. That's the best I can manage with this much beer inside me. wink.gif
Fix-it
pretty good, actually. but I'd do someone more... ominous.

Saeder Krupp.

Lofwyr and his sneaky little plans.
SL James
We need more beer over here for Witness. He's a drunk savant.
Witness
Too kind. Unfortunately right now I am feeling more like a car crash victim. *groan*
SL James
Try more beer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012