Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Print releases?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Gauvain
Anyone have an update on the print releases? Quarter is almost over and the anticipated ETA for Street Magic and the print version of the Game screen is Thursday........
TBRMInsanity
Don't hold your breath. I would not worry about a hard copy and try to pick up the PDF at RPG.com
Gauvain
I just happen to think a PDF of a game screen is asinine. And kind of defeats the purpose. We can assemble the appropriate tables ourselves out of the 1.3 PDF and save 15 bucks if that's all we were after.
Adam
As mentioned in another recent thread, the GM Screen had some wonkiness at the printer -- I'm not entirely sure what happened, but some sort of subcontracting slowed the process down. We're hoping to have some copies at Origins and that it will be in stores in July.

Runner Havens is at the printers now; same situation, we hope to have some at Origins, should be in stores in July.

Street Magic is in layout now.
Eugene
Woot for both the screen and Runner Havens! Since I'll be at Origins, I'll be sure to stop by the booth and pick up copies if there are any left...
Glayvin34
QUOTE (Adam)
As mentioned in another recent thread, the GM Screen had some wonkiness at the printer -- I'm not entirely sure what happened, but some sort of subcontracting slowed the process down. We're hoping to have some copies at Origins and that it will be in stores in July.

Runner Havens is at the printers now; same situation, we hope to have some at Origins, should be in stores in July.

Omigod! Someone that knows SOMETHING! eek.gif
If you don't mind me asking, where in that process does the pdf get released?
Will we see the Runner Havens pdf by the end of the month?
And Street Magic- can we pray for that by GenCon Indy?
Nim
QUOTE (Adam)

Thanks, Adam. Nice to know what we have to look forward to smile.gif

Out of curiousity, when's that /likely/ to put Street Magic on shelves, roughly?
Adam
If you don't mind me asking, where in that process does the pdf get released?

Basically, the process goes like this:

* The book is finished and sent to the printer
* The printer sends FanPro printer proofs
* Rob looks over the printer proofs for any last minute mistakes, and those mistakes are fixed and new files sent to the printer.
* The final corrected files are sent to me, and I turn them into a PDF, bookmark it, and send it to the 5 vendors. The vendors usually have the files online within 24 hours.

That whole process can take a week or two, depending on the speed of the printer, the number of corrections, whether someone goes on vacation in the middle of it, how busy I am, etc.

Will we see the Runner Havens pdf by the end of the month?

Yes.

And Street Magic- can we pray for that by GenCon Indy?

I'd prefer that you "hope" for it, but if praying is your thing, go for it. wink.gif

Edit: If Street Magic makes GenCon, it should be in stores for September.

Double Edit: I know it's not Shadowrun, but I'm really proud [and relieved!] that the 312 page full color Classic BattleTech Total Warfare core book is on time for GenCon at the overseas printer, and we should have a pile of new BattleTech stuff at the cons as well.
Glayvin34
Thanks, Adam, that'll calm me down for a least a few hours.

I actually find praying and hoping to be synonymous, but that's me. wobble.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012