Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gun the troll on Runner Havens is using?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Findar
http://www.shadowrunrpg.com/wordpress/?p=123#comments

What kind of gun do you think the troll is using? Throw out some stats if you can.
Moon-Hawk
Grenade launcher. Originally a rifle chassis, troll-modified handle, modified to remove stock and shorten barrel.
That's all I got. The barrel is enormous.
Calvin Hobbes
Laser.
Shadow
20mm Handgun.
ShadowDragon8685
I have to go with grenade launcher, too.

I mean, really. The clip is just behind the muzzle? There's no room for a good ballistic action there (A failing many Shadowrun art pieces share, unfortunately.)
Squinky
I'm thinking it's just whatever the artist though would look decent, heh.
ShadowDragon8685
That's because some artists don't know shit about firearms, and it shows laughably whenever they draw. Then there's you. smile.gif
Toptomcat
A SuperSquirt variant? The bizzarely placed clip would make ever so slightly more sense then, as the DMSO resivor used in addition to the chemical resivior in the handle clip.
Shrike30
Doesn't justify the muzzle flash.
Toptomcat
The muzzle flash is sufficiently stylized for it to be chemical crap crystallizing around the barrel.
ShadowDragon8685
Might not be muzzle flash. It's white - muzzle flash tends to be incindiary.

Maybe it's non-incindiary propellant gasses, or muzzle squirt from a poorly-maintained SuperSquirt?
Shrike30
Isn't muzzle squirt usually a sign that your SuperSquirt is working?
ShadowDragon8685
Usually, thought, it all goes in a straight line. This splash around the edges seems to be indicitive of deformations or deposits in the muzzle.
Shrike30
Wonder if they make "cleaning magazines" for it... load 'em up with the special cleaning solution, fire the mag dry, clean it out with a barrel wipe...
the_dunner
I'm not sure what it's supposed to be, but it sure screams Space Marine Bolter from Warhammer 40K to me.
Voran
Obviously some sort of phased plasma weaponry.

Heh, game stats wise, I'd say it'd end up having the stats of an Ares Predator. Since for the mostpart, size adjustments for squat or grotesque sized beings don't seem to have a real impact on effect smile.gif
Lazerface
Well, at least no one is complaining about how the girl is posing for Seattle's Next Top Shadowrunner.
Shrapnel
QUOTE (Voran @ Jun 12 2006, 10:54 PM)
Obviously some sort of phased plasma weaponry.

Heh, game stats wise, I'd say it'd end up having the stats of an Ares Predator.  Since for the mostpart, size adjustments for squat or grotesque sized beings don't seem to have a real impact on effect smile.gif

In the 40 Watt range, perhaps? wink.gif

*It also looks kinda like the 14mm pistol from Fallout...
Voran
QUOTE (Lazerface @ Jun 12 2006, 11:03 PM)
Well, at least no one is complaining about how the girl is posing for Seattle's Next Top Shadowrunner.

I have to give her -10 points for the cliche akimbo guns with one near your ear (of all places)

She's pretty hot though love.gif

Almost nearing a wardrobe malfunction!
Casper
What interested me more about the picture is the comlink gauntlet that the troll seems to have on. Its given me a new way of looking at how to put a comlink on a character and also take advantage of the section where they talk about having electronics in clothing.
Lagomorph
Pistol shaped milk bottle that's spilling.
Fresno Bob
QUOTE (Casper)
What interested me more about the picture is the comlink gauntlet that the troll seems to have on. Its given me a new way of looking at how to put a comlink on a character and also take advantage of the section where they talk about having electronics in clothing.

I love the Commlink Gauntlet! It's so bad!
mfb
that 'muzzle flash' could quite easily be CO2 fog from an airgun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012