Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Couple of questions...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Abbandon
Foci:

Would it be possable to get somebody to make a foci out of tattoo ink and then get some dude to use it when you get a tattoo? It would be touching you =P

Hmm i already forgot i would have to go look it up but cant you only have like magicx5 foci and you can only activate up to your logic number of them at once?

Bad qaulities:

First of all do you only get to take good qaulities if you take a bad? Or are bad qaulities just a way of getting some extra BP's?? Some of the bad qaulities look like people could get rid of them through various ways. Like addiction?? "Yeah i know what your thinking this stupid pinkie just got of rehab for his sexual and sim addiction how the heck can he run the shadows. But im all cleaned up now i swear."

Anybody got some better bad qaulities to have, none of the ones in theb ook really appealed to me. And while i was reading through the mage section of SR4 i got an idea for one.

I think blindness would be a bad qaulity, maybe your guy is def or mute or handicapped in some other way. They said that a blind person who can astral percieve still has sight but all things are done with -2. It would be awesome to play a blind mage like that. I'd probably have a normal mage cover his eyes all the time, maybe it helps him concentrate.

How many BP's do you think an actual handicap like that would give??

What about being like anxious or nervous around people so that any tests required in a social setting has like -2 or more depending on the grade of the affliction.

What about klutz or bad luck. Reduces your maximum edge by 1 or more.

I guess all this is really pointless since you spend so little time at character creation and most of your time actually playing and gaining karma to get everything afterwards.
Prospero
There were rules for tatoo magic - using tatoos as foci - in SR3, but we haven't seen them yet in SR4 AFAIK. I imagine they might be in the magic book when it comes out. I seem to remember it was a kind of metamagic.
Tarantula
There is the bad luck quality already. It gives you a 1/6 chance that your edge use will do the exact opposite effect.

As far as blindness goes for a mage, you would be (virtually) always dual natured, which would have its own slew of problems with it. You could always take a geas on magical abilities that they can't be used without closing your eyes or somesuch.
Samaels Ghost
I/m not sure the whole Handicapped/Blindness/Deafness would work. It's 2070. If your eyes/ears/limbs don't work then you go out and buy new ones. Those make for excellent backstory quirks or why you would get cyber in the first place.

IMO there's no real good reson to get cyber limbs, but that's a different topic....
ornot
In SR3 there was a blindness flaw, It was supposed to be a problem with the brains interpretation of visual cues, rather than a problem with the eyes themselves.

It was probably taken out as it was a pretty silly idea, but it was available at a lower cost to those with astral perception, as that could be used to see well enough.

It was suggested in SR3 that Gm and players could come up with their own edges and flaws based on the comparable benefits and drawbacks caused. IMHO there were far too many edges and flaws, which just encouraged people to take them for the sake of taking them rather than because it made a good character. The shorter list in SR4 is a good thing, but I'm toying with taking out incompetence entirely. Pretty much every player I've had has wanted to take one or more levels in incompetence, which I have done my best to discourage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012