Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spirits and Corp Complex
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JesterX
What kind of spirits can you summon while inside a corporate complex? Only spirits of the man?

thank you
James McMurray
Usually yes, although strange cases may exist. Frequently Toxic spirits would become an option, although that's not generally a PC thing.
Trax
Hearth spirits as well I think.
2bit
QUOTE (JesterX)
What kind of spirits can you summon while inside a corporate complex? Only spirits of the man?

Is that what orks are always complaining about? spirits of the man?
James McMurray
I thought hearth spirits were a subset of spirits of man? I haven't read an SR3 book in forever though, so it's quite possible I'm remembering incorrectly.
Navaruk
On a related note, does the company that owns the corporate complex have an effect the spirit that is summoned?
James McMurray
If you want it to. smile.gif
Member #5177
QUOTE (Navaruk)
On a related note, does the company that owns the corporate complex have an effect the spirit that is summoned?

Maybe. Sometimes.

Spirits are a subject that it is hard to get people to agree upon.

There is the case in Mercurial where the Hearth spirit of Underworld 93 appears like a rocker andhas a ton of personality. (Mercurial, page 22)
Glorian
A corporate building is an inhabited building, so the domain is hearth. You could probably summon a Spirit of the Sky on the roof or a city spirit on the sidewalk outside the building.

QUOTE (James McMurray)
I thought hearth spirits were a subset of spirits of man? I haven't read an SR3 book in forever though, so it's quite possible I'm remembering incorrectly.

Yes, city spirits, field spirits, and hearth spirits are all Spirits of Man.

QUOTE (Navaruk)

I would assume so. SR3 p.267 says:

Hearth spirits usually appear as small humanoids wearing antique clothing. Some hearth spirits (usually those found in newer buildings) have more a[sic] modern appearance and attitude than others.

Ivanhoe
I don't know if it helps, but in a (somewhat humorous) run, a spirit summoned in a MacDonald's had the shape of Ronald McDonald

I wouldn't be surprised to see drake-likes spirits in Saeder Krupp, angels at Novatech, Uncle Sam in Ares...
JesterX
QUOTE (Ivanhoe)
I don't know if it helps, but in a (somewhat humorous) run, a spirit summoned in a MacDonald's had the shape of Ronald McDonald

I wouldn't be surprised to see drake-likes spirits in Saeder Krupp, angels at Novatech, Uncle Sam in Ares...

Angels at Novatech? Don't you mean angels at CatCo?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012