Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wake Of The Comet and The Survial Of The Fittest
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Enkeli
I`m just gonna start running the Wake Of The Comet series and after that few runs as "normal" and then Survival Of The Fittest.
The question is how did you manage through these(or one of these)?
What was your group, what did you change what did the players do, stuff like that?
My group is probably gonna be 1 Adept(or variation of Adept), 1 Mage or Shaman and 2 Samurais.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
For added enjoyment, before (or in between runs) Wake of the Comet, I suggest you run Legacy from the Corporate Punishment adventure book. It ties in to Survival of the Fittest. Also in corporate punishment, there's a nice adventure that takes place in Tir Tairngire which involves Aithne Oakforest (he doesn't show up in the adventure, but he is the motivating factor in it), a Tir prince and immortal elf and Lofwyr...who also doesn't appear in it, but is a motivator in the backstory. Plus it has Blackwing! WOOHOO! Old school runners'll love it! Another suggestion...if you can use the First Run adventure book, the adventure Site of Desecration is an excellent adventure which brings the runners onto Hestaby's radar...a nice tie in for the GM.

Wake of the Comet I have not run, but Survival of the Fittest is pretty cool. Just remind the players that just because they are in conflict with something does not mean they have to combat it directly. Some players function under the impression that if it's body is in front of them it can be defeated! Also, be carefull of "leading the players by the nose" through an adventure. Pretty easy to happen with it...it's just kinda written that way.
Enkeli
Ok, thanks Mikey.
KosherPickle
QUOTE (Enkeli)
I`m just gonna start running the Wake Of The Comet series and after that few runs as "normal" and then Survival Of The Fittest.
The question is how did you manage through these(or one of these)?
What was your group, what did you change what did the players do, stuff like that?
My group is probably gonna be 1 Adept(or variation of Adept), 1 Mage or Shaman and 2 Samurais.

I ran the Gagarin probe rundown in Wake of the Comet. That was a little interesting. Be advised that your PCs will come up with some really odd plans to get across the border, which may significantly affect how the tribe receives them. (Just how does a tribe react to tourists? With a raised eyebrow, at the least.) Also, get a good feel for how you want the "contest to win the probe" to be handled. Plan the Yamatetsu's entrance and exit. How do they get to the village? How will they leave? The adventure sets up an interesting story with good characters, but leaves a lot to be desired with regards to actual game mechanics.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012