Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kingmaker
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
JackRipper
This is your OOC thread for Kingmaker. All rolls should be posted here as well as any questions. (The usual things that occur in an OOC thread)

About your headers:

12:52 Redmond Barrens, Luigies Ratburger and Pizzaria

PAN: Passive MODEL:Hermes Ikon OS:Magnadyne Deva
ACC:Contact lenses, Image link
HeySparky
Weehoo!

ACC?
JackRipper
Accessories or periphrials ie...glasses with image link, contacts with image link, anything that would show ARO's or display your AR world view
Whizbang
yay....so what's availabiity cap?
Blitz
Maybe Im stupid...but I dont understand what the headers are...are those just examples of what you want us to include in posts?
JackRipper
Availability cap is 12

PAN= mode you are in (hidden, passive, active)
Model= what model commlink
OS= operating system
ACC= cybereyes with image link, contact lenses, etc.

Read the wireless world.
Blitz
No..I know what the acronyms are (first character was a technomancer wink.gif) Im just not sure if when you say "About your headers" if you mean to say you want us to use those headers (with appropriate information) in our posts...ie, are they examples you are asking usto use?
JackRipper
Yes, thats what i'd like you to use.
Shadow
If anyone wants to know Sahara from the joint, or have the dubious honor of having been arrested by her, let me know. She was on the force for almost 6 years and spent the last 6 months in the Hollywood Correctional Facility. Fun Fun.
Blitz
hehe...might have been nice, but Janie did her stint at King County wink.gif
Shadow
They could have been in Central Booking together, or ridden the bus from jail to processing or something. No biggie though.
JackRipper
Shadow, you trying to squeeze in a jailhouse shower scene? lol
Blitz
Would it net me any extra karma? wink.gif
JackRipper
No, but i'm sure it'd make great reading lol. Scratch that, if we get an "R" rating i'd prefer graphic violence and language over a gratuitous sex scene.
Ankle Biter
Figured I would put my 1st draught character sheet here, tell me if I missed anything. Please do not read this unless you are JackRipper or not involved in this campaign...

[ Spoiler ]
JackRipper
Missing agility and reaction
adamu
Actually, I don't think he did. He posted in terms of points spent, and since the first rating point in all atts is free, it just means he didn't spend on those and has ratings of one in them.

PMed my char sheet last night. Let me know if you didn't get it or have any questions/problems.
JackRipper
Ah so desna, i see the method to the madness now
Blitz
Um...adam...he said not to read if you weren't Jack or not involved wink.gif
adamu
Oh my goodness - I am totally embarrassed.
I want to sincerely thank Blitz for pointing that out, and especially offer my heartfelt apologies to Ankle Biter.

In the lame excuse department, I saw Jack's comment on no agility/reaction, and jumped on the riddle, opening the spoiler without even reading AB's initial comment. If it is any consolation, I don't even understand the new hacking rules, and the whole thing was meaningless to me. But an excuse is no more than an excuse, and I really am sorry. Will take much more care in the future.
HeySparky
I'll admit a weakness to opening spoilers I shouldn't oughtta. So adamu feels better. Not that I've looked at this one. But I am SORELY tempted.

...must... not... click...
Ankle Biter
Edit, fair enough, you is forgiven.
Anyhwew, I also forgot knowledge skills.

Spoiler, Please do not read this unless you are JackRipper or not involved in this campaign...

[ Spoiler ]
JackRipper
I am about to start the IC thread but, please do not post until i give the go ahead. It's important not to post until then as i have a couple of posts that need to be put in place before anyone posts.
Ankle Biter
Ok, so is my character sheet cool, then?
Including the knowledges?
JackRipper
I found no flaw other than what was later explained to me. You guys can read my trailer but please dont post in the IC thread until i'm ready (have the rest of the posts i need up)
Shadow
Nice opening post Jack. Makes me think of a Bruce Campbell movie.
JackRipper
I was hoping more for Bruce Willis, but you guys are the cast and characters

...and if one of you primates, even touches me.

Shop smart, shop S Mart
Ankle Biter
Hail to the King, Baby.
Blitz
I love you boys smile.gif
Cedric Rolfsson
If I missed it what Availability can we get? I'm looking at APDS rounds with a 16F rating.
Ankle Biter
QUOTE (JackRipper @ Jun 21 2006, 06:50 PM)
Availability cap is 12

PAN= mode you are in (hidden, passive, active)
Model= what model commlink
OS= operating system
ACC= cybereyes with image link, contact lenses, etc.

Read the wireless world.

Uh, no. Anyway ex is almost as good these days...

Edit, I tell a lie, EX Ex is WAAAY better.
Cedric Rolfsson
Bagged it and went with Regular ammo. PM character sheet is off to you Jack
JackRipper
Got it cedric
HeySparky
PMed my character in. Forgot to mention in my message, that I have some BP and money left to spend.
JackRipper
Okay...as you can see it is pretty general first opening (its a cut scene) You may begin posting

AS A SIDE NOTE: IF YOU HAVE SEEN THE CROW, THE DWARF IS MODELED AFTER THE PAWNSHOP OWNER GIDEON...hope that helps create a visual

I also will not continue or answer IC until all pc's have posted and/or sent in sheets. So spend some time and think up your opening posts.
Cedric Rolfsson
Okay, before I start posting and have it look like crap, I'd like to see if i've got your header format up front.

It should look like this.

16:48:13 Capitol Hill, Cafe Noir
PAN: Active Model: Sony Emperor OS: Renraku Ichi
ACC: Electric Glasses/AR Gloves

If I'm off please let me know. Also, one question, would the average Joe know what PAN restrictions are in given areas of Seattle? Like some of the ritzy areas would probably require Active, while others have no restrictions.
JackRipper
You are right on the money for header.

Most areas are whatever you like....passive is like having spam blocker on, high security may want active.
Shadow
Can we use yellow instead of red? The red gives me a headache to read.
Ankle Biter
2 hours before the scheduled time of the meet I intend to summon a force 5 machine sprite, is that Ok?
JackRipper
Shadow: Yes its fine

Ankle biter: Yes
Ankle Biter
Summoning a machine sprite.
Summon a machine sprite (12d6=42) 4 hits
Force 5 resists
Force 5 resists (5d6=14) 1 hit
Resist Fading
Resist fading (10d6=38) 3 hits, ping it.
Optional Autosoft manouver (ground vehicle)
3 services.
1st is used getting to meet.
Ankle Biter
Just thought, I'll just make a note of my birthday, don't look unless you have access to a SIN that was lost in the crash... My (fake) ID has me as 21+ biggrin.gif
[ Spoiler ]

What day is it? date?
Ankle Biter
Hey, Shadow, did you know that a software version's system rating is limited by commlink response rating? You may be better off using Iris Orb as your OS, it's cheaper, and it will run the same on your commlink, unless you are planning on upgrading later. cyber.gif

Anyhew, I am now scanning local frequencies to get the commcodes of other people in the area, or at least I will be when everybody arrives at the meet.

You know maybe this Technomancer thing ain't so bad after all...
adamu
AS A SIDE NOTE: IF YOU HAVE SEEN THE CROW, THE DWARF IS MODELED AFTER THE PAWNSHOP OWNER GIDEON

Jon Polito - one of the truly great character actors.
JackRipper
I always thought his characters were basically the same, could just be type casting though.
Blitz
Im getting on a plane this evening for Vegas then San Diego. I will try and find my way to a computer to stay updated, but if need be, please auto-run my character to keep from holding up the thread. Wont be getting home until around the 4th.
JackRipper
Say hi to Elvis for me. (Any Elvis will do)
Shadow
Sahara

Quick pic to show you pretty much what Sahara looks like.
JackRipper
Just so you guys are aware of this. I chose PC's by the fact they are new to shadowrunning...it wasnt a coincidence you all are relatively new to it. That being the case you dont need to be perfect at it in the beginning (i expect F' ups from you, in the beginning......you have a learning curve for the moment)
Cedric Rolfsson
Question, will the use of Killing Hands destory my AR gloves? If so I'm going need to make some minor alterations to the old character sheet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012