Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: When are Platelet Factories applied?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Lilt
The Platelet Factories says that it removes one box of suffered damage if the character suffers two or more damage. When exactly is the damage suffered, however.

Lets say a sammie has them installed and is hit for 6P and rolls 5 successes to reduce the damage. Does he take one damage, because the Platelet Factories only work when he takes 2 or more damage, or does he take no damage as he was effectively only resisting 5P thanks to the Platelet Factories?
James McMurray
It removes a box of damage that you take. Boxes of damage you resist aren't taken, so it can't do the removal until after you soak. In any case, the factories can never reduce damage taken to 0, you'll always take at least one box.
ronin3338
Book's at home, but he should take one damage.

My understanding is that the 6P should be considered "possible" damage, then with his successes he takes 1 "actual" damage, which the platelets let through ('cause it's not 2 or more)

Edit - Oh, and what James said.
Serbitar
Damage is suffered after resist, so the box is subtracted after resist.
Dewar
What if someone with 3 physical damage boxes remaining takes 3 damage. Would they fall unconscious (since they take three damage and that's the rest of their condition monitor) and then stabalize (because one of their boxes comes back afterwords,) or would they just take two damage?
X-Kalibur
They only take 2 at that point. First you do resistance, then if 2 or more damage is taken, platelets kick in and reduce it by one point, then you figure damage. The reason being of course that platelets only work if you are bleeding. I guess they figure taking a 1P box is more akin to a bruise than a laceration.
Lilt
Okay, I got the exact phrasing wrong. Platet factories remove a point of damage if the character takes two or more points of damage. Does that change anything?
FrankTrollman
QUOTE (Lilt)
Okay, I got the exact phrasing wrong. Platet factories remove a point of damage if the character takes two or more points of damage. Does that change anything?

Nope. X-Kalibur got it right.

-Frank
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012