Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question regarding a sourcebook...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tiralee
Ok - having recently been supplied with a rather in-depth catalogue from the nice people at Military Sims Pty. Ltd. I've question for those who tend to "collect" various RPG sourcebooks.

Ok, I was looking at the D20 "Modern" RPG and the "Urban Arcana" campaign setting sourcebooks, and wondering how well they stack up to the 3rd edition Shadowrun?

Please, reply at will. Was wondering if there was much in the way of overlap, especially in style, atmosphere, etc.

Thankyou,

L.
Adam
[this should probably go in the General Gaming forum]

I haven't looked in depth at Urban Arcana, but most of what I've heard about it indicates that it's not really that similar to Shadowrun -- it's much more a "there are things in the world that the normal people do not know about" setting.
Ancient History
Think "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" vs. "Harry Potter"
sapphire_wyvern
If you really, really want SR d20, you could probably get a good start by taking:

1) 1 d20 Modern
2) 1 Urban Arcana
3) 1 Digital Burn (cyberpunk d20)

Mix thoroughly and enjoy.

Personally, I like SR the way it is.
Tiralee
Thanks for the feedback - sounds like a toned-down version of "Call of Chtullthu"

I'll admit a guilty pleasure here. As DM, I've often entertained the thought of running a DnD 20 and/or Shadowrun campaign in the "Harry Potter" universe.

The sheer fun of having a tooled-up drow running around in the Dark Forest, wondering how in hell they're going to get home...then spotting the broomsticks flying about as incoming attackers...

<Warm fuzzy mental image>
Hagrid: Well now, what' dis den?
Drow: Arrgh!
Hagrid: (Suffering (1d6 + 1d4)x2 critical sneak attack.) Meep.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012