Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR blogs?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
emo samurai
I can remember reading one a while back that talked about how the term "shadowrunner" sounded like a stupid media thing and not how professional criminals would refer to themselves. I don't, however, remember where the blog is.

Also, are there any other SR-oriented blogs, or general RP ones?
JongWK
Mike Mearls' blog (he works for Wizards of the Coast).

Levi Kornelsen's blog (indie designer and RPG.net Mod).

RPGPundit's blog (daily rants).
Mr. Man
QUOTE (JongWK)
RPGPundit's blog (daily rants).

That guy totally hates Shadowrun.

I used to read Gamegrene a lot (neither particularly Shadowrun-related nor particularly a blog).

JongWK
QUOTE (Mr. Man)

So that's why he bought SR4? wink.gif
Platinum
QUOTE (JongWK)
QUOTE (Mr. Man @ Jul 4 2006, 11:55 PM)

So that's why he bought SR4? wink.gif

Have you considered, that being the reason why he hates it? dead.gif
Witness
Actually I think he quite liked SR4. If he was bitching it was about SR3, and more specifically about people complaining about the revamp. IIRC.
Platinum
Doesn't say he loves it anywhere. It says that if the SR4 pdf is pirated it is a good sign.
I remember him bashing fanpro many times, and do not remember him saying anything positive about shadowrun. Have anything to back up your arguement about sr3?
JongWK
QUOTE (Platinum @ Jul 5 2006, 02:52 PM)
Doesn't say he loves it anywhere.  It says that if the SR4 pdf is pirated it is a good sign.

IIRC, he said that it was a sign of the game's popularity: Popular games (D&D, VtM, and SR4 apparently) are more likely to be pirated than those that nobody plays.

I remember him bashing fanpro many times, and do not remember him saying anything positive about shadowrun. Have anything to back up your arguement about sr3?

What he (heavily) disliked was part of the metaplot (read: IEs), plus the rules bloat from previous editions. He's quite positive about SR4, though, enough that he's planning to use the system for a Continuum/Dr.Who campaign.
Witness
QUOTE (JongWK)
Doesn't say he loves it anywhere.  It says that if the SR4 pdf is pirated it is a good sign.

IIRC, he said that it was a sign of the game's popularity: Popular games (D&D, VtM, and SR4 apparently) are more likely to be pirated than those that nobody plays.

Yes, that is exactly what he says, while in the same post making reference to how he's contributed enough to SR4 to get a free pdf from fanpro.

Also in this post he talks about using the SR4 rules for a different game ("I'm fairly impressed with SR4's mechanic"), although in this post he says he doesn't think he gets SR enough to actually GM it.

Platinum
QUOTE (Witness @ Jul 5 2006, 02:24 PM)
QUOTE (JongWK)

Yes, that is exactly what he says, while in the same post making reference to how he's contributed enough to SR4 to get a free pdf from fanpro.

Also in this post he talks about using the SR4 rules for a different game ("I'm fairly impressed with SR4's mechanic"), although in this post he says he doesn't think he gets SR enough to actually GM it.

Then he goes on to say that another system is probably better suited. Shadowrun is too detailed.... which is probably why he didn't want to use sr3. I cannot find the older archives to see what he said about sr3. He likes some of the base mechanics of 4.to use them for something else entirely. So what does he like about the system. I am assuming he will be throwing out the metaplot, hacking, rigging and magic. Guess that leaves you with combat, and stats. Or am I missing something here?
Witness
*shrug* I dunno! Ask him! wink.gif (or take Jong's word on it, since he knows the guy). I came away with the impression that he liked the basic idea of shadowrun, the world etc, and he also seems to like the fact that the SR4 rules are much simpler and more accessible than SR3 (I'm with him there).

I certainly don't get the impression that he "totally hates Shadowrun".

I'm sure there are some things about it that he doesn't like, but the same could be said for most of us, I'm sure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012