Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking For EuroCorps
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
FlakJacket
I'm trying to come up with a list of corporations that are involved in two different fields, banking/finance and shipping, but I'm drawing a bit of a blank. I'm also trying to make them EuroCorp if at all possible. On the finance front the three main players are the Frankfurter Bankverein, Hildebrandt-Kleinfort-Bernal and the Swiss Bank Corporation. The Sixth World Wiki mentions something called the 'Spanish Bank' but the references section is empty and I can't get a look at SoE, so is it a canon corporation? For shipping the only Eurocentric one I can think of is Mærsk, with Wuxing being an alternative since they're such a large global player in the field.

So can anyone else think of any banking or shipping corps from Europe or in a pinch subsidiaries for larger multinational corps? Thanks.
SL James
Banco Espaņol, and yes it is in SoE (p.257). The Vatican owns a larget percentage of it, but it also is entrenched into every major Spanish corp. It was formed by merging several preexisting Spanish banks. I imagine Aztechnology has interest either directly through AZT Europe or BANCOMEXT.

Wuxing is also heavy into finance (especially after the Crash when it took over MIB), and Yamatetsu is given the same Asset Rating in CD (both 8, behind S-K's 9).

As for transportation, there's also ESUS (French), Regulus Transport Services.
FlakJacket
Thank you very much, that's incredibly helpful. Can't believe I forgot about the Malaysian Independent Bank or Regulus. Now I just have to figure out how to shoehorn them all into Gibraltar. smile.gif
stevebugge
QUOTE (FlakJacket)
Thank you very much, that's incredibly helpful. Can't believe I forgot about the Malaysian Independent Bank or Regulus. Now I just have to figure out how to shoehorn them all into Gibraltar. smile.gif

Sales or information offices would be my suggestion. Gibralter is small meaning there isn't a lot of room for extraterritorial campuses, but this can help you as a GM to creat unique environments. Imagine the paranoia level runners have to exhibit if you can get on the elevator (iguess it would be the lift in Gibralter) on the ground floor and be in Gibralter and get off on the 4th floor and be on Proteus AG Turf then go up two more floors and find yourself in Wuxing territory, sort of a micro extraterritorialty if you will.
SL James
Like some office buildings in Washington, DC.
JongWK
QUOTE (stevebugge)
Imagine the paranoia level runners have to exhibit if you can get on the elevator (iguess it would be the lift in Gibralter) on the ground floor and be in Gibralter and get off on the 4th floor and be on Proteus AG Turf then go up two more floors and find yourself in Wuxing territory, sort of a micro extraterritorialty if you will.

Think the elevator counts as British sovereign territory? devil.gif
FlakJacket
QUOTE (JongWK)
Think the elevator counts as British sovereign territory? devil.gif

That's... an interesting question. smile.gif

Since one of the conditions of extraterritoriality is that the space in question is "continuous and contiguous, recognised and long term" that means as long as it's fenced off or say the tenth floor, they've signed a lease and the place is publically designated as corporate property then it's Ares-land. Now since the lift goes to other floors and it pretty much fails those criteria, then it's non-extraterritorial.

Could lead to some oddly amusing jurisdictional incidents. Have to make a mental note to try and find out how much, if any, of the land in Gibraltar is privately owned these days if I can. My search-fu is sadly lacking.
hyzmarca
Shadowrunner to Security guards: "Ha ha ha. You can't shoot me now, losers. This elevator is Soverign territory of the United Kingdom. You'd be commiting a crime. "

Security chief: "We're not standing in the elevator, we're just shooting into it."
SL James
... Which is technically the same thing.

But, no. Extraterritoriality doesn't apply to the elevators, emergency stairs, or otherwise public spaces.
FlakJacket
Although their shooting into it would still probably cause an international incident, minute they step outside the floor they'd be nicked. But just imagine when every deckers favourite gag, dropping the lift into the basement with the target in it, comes into play.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012