Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Astral Perception Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
WhiskeyMac
Ok, so in my BBB it states that

Like physical perception, a character using astral perception should not need to make a test to see things that are immediately obvious (and since astral forms are bright and vibrant, this means that most astral forms are easily noticed). An actual test should only be called for when an astral being is specifically trying to hide, or when a character is trying to astrally observe in detail.

The question I have is: If I was sneaking into a secure facility, or even just home from a late-night rendevous, and someone with astral perception was watching the facility, or bed; would I be seen?

I'm actively sneaking but my aura shows up. So am I seen? This makes it kind of ridiculous to have all those mundane security guards if all you'd need is just a few with astral perception or some spirits. I'm just always confused on this aspect of astral perception.
Shadowmeet
The astral is full of things, just like the real world. So, if you are going into a facility, and you are not trying to sneak, then yes, someone who is astrally perceiving would see you.

If you are trying to sneak, and using those mad stealth skills (With that Astral Spec, heh), then a test would need to be made to see if you are seen, much as if you were sneaking in the real world.
nezumi
In SR3, I generally added on a modifier if they weren't actively hiding from astral surveillance (rather than normal sight). Modifiers based on light don't count, and instead it's based on the amount of magical and living stuff in the area.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012