Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Full Auto rules modification suggestion
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Emrak
A player in our group has come up with a quicker, less cumbersome method of using Full Auto. Please chime in with any issues/problems you can see arising if we adopt this method.

Thanks!

"As a Complex Action an FA weapon can be fired on Full-Auto. This is treated
as firing three short bursts (three bullets each) that are either all wide
or all narrow. You can spread the attacks out over several targets, but
they must each be within one meter of each other (for narrow bursts) or
two meters of each other (for wide bursts). Recoil penalties apply as
normal with an additional -3 DV to the third burst (i.e. -2DV, -5DV, -8DV
for the three bursts respectively). Recoil reduction applies as normal."
James McMurray
That;s already partly in the rules, IIRC without the restriction that they have to all be the same type of burst. How does that rule apply to full auto all at one person? If it makes you roll three attacks it's too much rolling. If it works as written in the rules then what's the point of the rule at all?

Is Full Auto really so complex that it needs a house rule?
hobgoblin
QUOTE ("emrak")
A player in our group has come up with a quicker, less cumbersome method of using Full Auto. Please chime in with any issues/problems you can see arising if we adopt this method.

Thanks!

"As a Complex Action an FA weapon can be fired on Full-Auto. This is treated
as firing three short bursts (three bullets each) that are either all wide
or all narrow. You can spread the attacks out over several targets, but
they must each be within one meter of each other (for narrow bursts) or
two meters of each other (for wide bursts). Recoil penalties apply as
normal with an additional -3 DV to the third burst (i.e. -2DV, -5DV, -8DV
for the three bursts respectively). Recoil reduction applies as normal."

i dont see how thats diffrent from the multiple target way of FA in the BBB.

and i dont see how FA in SR4 is cumbersome at all. any bullet beyond the first in a burst gives a -1 to the dice pool, thats how all the bursts work. a FA attack is just longer then the other forms of bursts...
Phobos
If you can use these rules to make three burst attacks per IP on a single target, this might turn out being quite imbalanced with a gunbuny character :

Mr. Gunbunny, 16 Dice Automatics Pool, Ares Alpha /w RC 5 (7P base), Full Auto, single Target. Target has 6 Dice (= 2 hits) to avoid being hit.

RAW :
- 12 Dice at 15P base -> 4 hits -> 2 net hits -> 17P
Your Rule :
- 1) 16 Dice for 9P -> ~5 hits -> 3 net hits -> 12P
- 2) 16 Dice again for 9P -> another 12P
- 3) 13 Dice at 9P base -> 4 hits -> 2 net hits -> 11P
Depending on the target's soak, this might mean 35P vs. 17P ... up to twice the damage.

If you're simply looking for decent automatics rules, take a look at my signature.
Edward
for attacking seperat targets what you ask for is already possible.

For attacking a single target you have increased the number of roles and increased the amount of damage base (although a heavily armored character could take less) you have also eliminated the possibility for a single 10 round wide burst that is the preferred method of attack against twinked out dodgers (I can achieve a dodge pool of 20 without real difficulty)

Edward
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012