Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite Actor/Role to Drop into Shadowrun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
ShieldT
Wesley Snipes in 'Blade'

Why: Because I started this topic to see what you would write and rushed my answer. smile.gif He's cool, used to magic and science. Action star. Easy on the eyes wink.gif
Shrike30
Under SR3 it was easy. We gave him the 12 point "Being Wesley Snipes" edge and all his stats came into line.

I'd like to see the guys from "Four Brothers."
mfb
my main char looks like Avery Brooks, pretty much straight out of Spenser for Hire.
SL James
And appropriate, since in the latest Spenser novel Hawk gets shot three times in the back by a sniper and lives.
DrowVampyre
Christian Bale in Equilibrium.

Because he's what every gunbunny adept should aspire to be.
Grinder
The team of "The Ususal Suspects" - a good example for a team of professional criminals.
Platinum
Jean Reno from Leon,
Almost any character that Bruce Willis plays.
SL James
What? No DeNiro as Neil McCauley?
Foreigner
Preston "Press" Lennox (Michael Madsen) from Species (1995) and Species II (1998).

A good example of a professional hit man whose personal/private life is not ruled by his job. Also a good example of an individual who one would most definitely try to avoid upsetting, because he could be either your best friend or your worst enemy, depending upon the situation.

No one ever asked me to find anything they didn't want dead.

Robert DeNiro again, but this time as "Sam" from Ronin (1998).

Joubert (Max Von Sydow) from Three Days of the Condor.

--Foreigner
The Stainless Steel Rat
In 2042 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Seattle underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire: THE A-TEAM
Dog
Check out Ewan McGregor in Eye of the Beholder. This guy is a very good depiction of the character of a Shadowrunner. He's got the skills and talent, but he's wierd enough to live in the shadows rather than the corp world. (In fact, he's plain-out crazy.)

Someday, I'm gonna make a decker who's a direct rip-off of Richard Pryor from Superman III.

If you need someone to play Lofwyr in human form, my vote's for Anthony Hopkins. (I know he doesn't match the physical descriptions given.)

And of course, me.
JesterX
About any character played by Jean Reno...

And many one played by Robert DeNiro

Too many to make a list...
HMHVV Hunter
Jason Statham from "The Transporter."
Beaumis
Pretty much everyone from the usual suspects.
Vertaxis666
Everyone from Ronin.

Steve McQueen, in general.

Ice-T in Johnny Mnemonic

The Predator in The Predator. Potential for a phys ad
Neruda's Ghost
Lenny Nero and 'Mace' from the movie Strange Days.

All the characters are great, but Ralph Fiennes is fantastic as a sleazy BTL dealer.
SL James
QUOTE (Vertaxis666)
Steve McQueen, in general.

Ah... The tao of Steve.
hyzmarca
Christopher Walken could play just about any scary baddass character in the SR universe.
the_dunner
In all the convention games I've run, I'm pretty sure I've encountered at least ten Wolverines for every one other character I've encountered based on any other media source.
stevebugge
Jay, Silent Bob, or other crew from Clerks pop up randomly in Stuffer Shacks occasionally.
Shadow
Vin Diesel. Some sort of gun/phys add with about 30 points in edge.
Jet Li, same deal.
toturi
How could you all do this? How could you forget the one, the only, the PWNZ ALL YOUR BASES... Chuck Norris?! nyahnyah.gif biggrin.gif

It doesn't matter if it is a toxic mutant Horror possessed Great Dragon, if it ain't Chuck, it is going down.
Tiralee
How could you all do this? How could you forget the one, the only, the PWNZ ALL YOUR BASES... Chuck Norris?!

Well, duh. I thought it was cannon that Fastjack IS Chuck Norris with a data jack and a Texas Instruments Graphing Calculator.

Deck? Chuck Norris doesn't need a Deck. He's got his TX s30whatever.

-Tir.

HMHVV Hunter
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
Christopher Walken could play just about any scary baddass character in the SR universe.

Actually, I think he'd be perfect as a Mr. Johnson.
SuperFly
QUOTE (The Stainless Steel Rat @ Jul 11 2006, 10:59 AM)
In 2042 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Seattle underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire: THE A-TEAM

Wooo!

Coincidentally, the campaign I GM is called "The Chronicles of the A-Team" and they themselves are known as the A-Team. They got their name from a joke which started after one character decided to paint the team's van to match that of the old TV show's.

The entire campaign is available on the #S-Run Homepage found in my sig.
MacMoney
You know, while this would be a good idea to whip up an NPC on the fly, I've never done it. Perhaps I should do it for those one-shot throwaways and keep my original ideas for the long standing NPCs.
Nidhogg
Jaws from the James Bond movies would be the ultimate runner.
emo samurai
Dude, Jeremy Irons.
Jrayjoker
After seeing him in the Dungeons and Dragons movie, I couldn't fail to disagree with you less.
thefather
come on now i can't believe nobody has said Christopher Walken yet, he would be a perfect Mr. Johnson
SL James
QUOTE (thefather)
come on now i can't believe nobody has said Christopher Walken yet, he would be a perfect Mr. Johnson

Nope. No one at all.
QUOTE (hyzmarca)

adamu
Tom Waits
Jrayjoker
Bobcat Goldwaith in "Back to School"
SuperFly
Over the years, a few of my NPC's have been pulled from the small or silver screen -- whether in voice, style, or look. Most noteably would have to be Harold "Rudeboy" Palmer, a villainous ex-shadowrunner who couldn't have been played by anyone else but Mickey Rourke and costumed straight out of 'Get Carter'.

There's also a secretary for my team's local street doc who sounds exactly like Fran Dreschire, and a nasty PC-turned-NPC who is none other than Olivier Gruner (of 'Nemesis' fame).
HMHVV Hunter
QUOTE (SL James @ Jul 12 2006, 10:04 AM)
QUOTE (thefather @ Jul 12 2006, 07:50 AM)

Nope. No one at all.
QUOTE (hyzmarca)

See also:

QUOTE (HMHVV Hunter)
Actually, I think he'd [Walken] be perfect as a Mr. Johnson.
Moon-Hawk
If I could only do one celebrity impersonation well, it would be Christopher Walken. Alas, I can't.
thefather
alright i must be completly blind sorry about that. i'll be in the corner geting eatin by a drop bear if u need me
Grinder
Yet another thread hijacked biggrin.gif
hyzmarca
But if Anthony Hopkins is going to be Lofwyr then just thik of the fun that can be had with Christopher Walken as Alamais
Kermit the Trog
I once designed a streetdoc off of the Doctor from the Canonball Run movie, alas they never went to him.
SL James
QUOTE (Jrayjoker @ Jul 12 2006, 08:29 AM)
Bobcat Goldwaith in "Back to School"

He was in Back to School?

Anyway, on that some thread... Dude... Sam Kinison as your Fixer.

And the doctor from Cannonball Run? *shudders* Funny as Hell, though.

Bill Murray would also be great as a Face or Fixer.
Moon-Hawk
Udo Kier makes a great Johnson or Fixer; in fact he did in the oft-maligned Johnny Mnemonic. I won't claim it's a good movie, but I enjoy it and Udo Kier is awesome.
JesterX
Sean Connery in the role of the now retired runner that still know what he is doing... The type of character that makes younger runners look like bozo the clown...
Grinder
Ben Kingsley or Patrick Stewart could fill the same role, too.
X-Kalibur
Bruce Campbell as a mundane, unwired runner with a ton of edge. It is required he get the snot beat out of him at least once a run.
Grinder
While wielding a chainsaw?
Shadow
Michael Ironsides as retired commando Sam Fischer would be cool. Michael just has an awesome voice.
Nidhogg
I can't believe nobody has mentioned this yet:

Garry Oldman. He would be perfect as a Mr. Johnson, or as the evil corperate exec.

Jean-Baptiste Emanual Zorg anyone?
Wolfshade
Someone mentioned Sean Connery. I've used him as an Irish Mob Boss. Anybody remember the movie First Blood. The chick Vamp that was the main Char. She's a Prime example of Phys Ad/ Face. My first Street Sammy was based on Steven Sagall.
Drraagh
I've noticed that pretty much any character can be generalized as another character in media. For example, the first character mentioned was Wesley Snipes of Blade. Blade, being a character who, upon first glance, wears dark clothing, carries a fair number of guns and a sword. Sounds like a lot of non-Wolverine street sams I know.

Basically, to severely butcher a saying: Any sufficiently detailed (N)PC is indistingusihable from a movie/TV character.

But I'll admit, there are times when I see a character in a movie, TV show, or whatever that'd be cool to drop in as a PC or NPC. One NPC I used for a while was Jarod the Pretender, and another I had my characters go to when they were dealing with an obscure language was Daniel Jackson.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012