Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: real life AR equipment?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
hobgoblin
http://www.eyetap.org/

basicly its about putting a camera and a small lcd in front of your eye...
GrinderTheTroll
Only looks like he's added a camera to record from his eye's POV. I want Terminator vision or maybe Bender vision! wink.gif
Shrike30
They make a tool for mechanics that allows you to download schematics, flowcharts, and the like for repairs onto a PDA that you carry, and uses a HUD-type display (hanging from a visor or showing on your eye protection) to let you scan through the data you've got pulled on that model of car while you're underneath or inside of it. Pretty nifty, although I hear the price tag is still several thousand dollars.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (GrinderTheTroll)
Only looks like he's added a camera to record from his eye's POV. I want Terminator vision or maybe Bender vision! wink.gif

thing is that this is basicly the start of AR glasses wink.gif

all one then need to add is a data-source with a wireless internet connection.
bigdrewp
I want Bender vision.
ShadowDragon
QUOTE (Shrike30)
They make a tool for mechanics that allows you to download schematics, flowcharts, and the like for repairs onto a PDA that you carry, and uses a HUD-type display (hanging from a visor or showing on your eye protection) to let you scan through the data you've got pulled on that model of car while you're underneath or inside of it. Pretty nifty, although I hear the price tag is still several thousand dollars.
GrinderTheTroll
QUOTE (bigdrewp)
I want Bender vision.
Jrayjoker
I can see applications for this in the engineering/construction industry. Just download the building plans and details into your comlink and build the connections based on a 3-d rendering overlayed on the materials you are using...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012