Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: is AH still cruising around here?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Shadowboxer
heya

I just popped back in after long time of dumpshock abstinence.. and I was wondering if AH the living SR encyclopedia was still around posting his newest elven and dragon conspiracy findings?

btw: too bad the offtopic forum is still closed frown.gif I remember havin some good times there biggrin.gif

well... big up to the oldschool massive wink.gif
Witness
He's still around alright, but he works for The Man now, so you have to pay to read most of his new stuff! wink.gif
Shadowboxer
oh noes!!
does it mean he writes canon stories for SR now? Oo
Witness
He does.
And sourcebook material too.
Shadowboxer
nice.. too bad they won't build in more references to the 4th world ^.^ ah would've a field day lol
toturi
Yup, he works for the Man now... sigh... company man...
nyahnyah.gif
Ancient History
Yo. wavey.gif
Jrayjoker
Yea! He lives!

howdy.
Shadowboxer
yay!

now that you're a wage-slave wink.gif could you write a history sourcebook for 4th ed?

I think the whole history wrap up in SR4 core was way too short...to many significant events in those few pages! (not really a problem for me.. I own all of the 3ed sr material + most of sr2 and some sr1 stuff :insert geek smiley:
I think it would be nice for new players to have an history book for reference purpose etc...

and btw:

I love the technomancer idea... I know I'm a bit perverted biggrin.gif
Ancient History
No history book on the horizon, just yet. There are some good things to come, though.
Shadowboxer
sweet smile.gif I'm looking forward to some more technomancer material and of course more nano and bioware... sota64 adept abilities... well.. ok I'm looking forward to everything new, thats well thought out wink.gif

and could you please tell them that the whole earthdawn - sr linkage was great? sr4 needs more 4th world flavor!

[img]http://pages.infinit.net/bluefire/Images/swampslayer.gif[/img]

edit: damn no pics =(
Ancient History
Heh. Methinks the next couple of books will fulfill - or, Ghost willing, exceed - your expectations.
Grinder
Yeah. When they're all released. 2008 maybe.
Shadowboxer
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Heh. Methinks the next couple of books will fulfill - or, Ghost willing, exceed - your expectations.

love.gif I've to admit I'm a total whore to new source books... dead.gif

do you have some sort of info to give away when we can expect the next sourcebook? (rough timeframe)

hmm I really should get my research paper finished.. tomorrow's the deadline... sarcastic.gif
Jrayjoker
I think we need to start taking AH's statements with a grain of salt, after all he is now just a mouthpiece for the Man... eek.gif
Ancient History
dead.gif There are things I can and cannot say as a freelancer. 's part of the reason I havenae updated my site lately (it has nothing to do with me being busy as Hell. Nothing at all.) So, anything I say on my site will come from reasonable interpretations of what gets printed, and I do accept and integrate the views of others if reasonable and if communicated to me. After all, I'm not right all the time.

That said, it is never my intent to misinform - which is one reason I don't give out firm info on upcoming products (it has nothing to do with me not being all-knowing. Nothing at all.)
stevebugge
QUOTE (Ancient History)
dead.gif There are things I can and cannot say as a freelancer. 's part of the reason I havenae updated my site lately (it has nothing to do with me being busy as Hell. Nothing at all.) So, anything I say on my site will come from reasonable interpretations of what gets printed, and I do accept and integrate the views of others if reasonable and if communicated to me. After all, I'm not right all the time.

That said, it is never my intent to misinform - which is one reason I don't give out firm info on upcoming products (it has nothing to do with me not being all-knowing. Nothing at all.)

Contractual Obligations: Stifling Omniscience since the invention of Lawyers smile.gif
Demonseed Elite
QUOTE (Shadowboxer)
sweet smile.gif I'm looking forward to some more technomancer material and of course more nano and bioware... sota64 adept abilities... well.. ok I'm looking forward to everything new, thats well thought out wink.gif

Yeah, all of those things mentioned there are in the pipeline. SR/ED connections haven't gone away, but they will not often be front-and-center. But you'll still see mentionings. Shadows of Asia had them, Shadows of Latin America has them (whenever that gets released), Street Magic may have a few mentionings, and I'm sure other future books will too.

I'd love to see a collected Shadowrun metaplot history book (the German SR publishers made one), but so far that's not something in the pipeline.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Ancient History)

Don't take me seriously, I just kid...
Shadowboxer
QUOTE (Ancient History)

so this means I can still keep my shrine up and worship your omniscients...

tomorrow I'll offer some pepperoni pizza...
I hope I'll get a full preview of all the stuff you're working on l8er by pm

rotfl.gif grinbig.gif spin.gif
Ancient History
Hmm...pepperoni...
Wounded Ronin
AH MAKE ME A POWURFUL NPC IN SR4 I AM SR4 GREATEST FAN AND I TRAIN WILDCAT MARSHALL ARTRS IN MY BASEMENT I'M AN ELF AND I USE DUAL SLIVERGUNS AND MY CAR SKILL IS 9.
FanGirl
Sigg'd. rotfl.gif
Ancient History
9? Nine. That's just...wow. Maybe I can have your character run over by a car in a piece of fiction. Repeatedly. Just to be sure.
Supercilious
You know, AH, you could always make an alternative identity and feed us enough info that we can figure it all out.
Ancient History
'Twould be dishonest to deceive you so.
Dog
Congrats, AH. I look forward to reading (more of) your stuff. I haven't made the 4ed switch yet, but I suspect your work will ease the transition.

You have a good opportunity to represent many of the ideas posted in this forum. It's nice knowing that someone who listens to us rank-and-filers has a voice.
Shadowboxer
QUOTE (Ancient History)
'Twould be dishonest to deceive you so.

come to the darkside scatter.gif
Grinder
Ah, that's what the smiley is for. biggrin.gif
BookWyrm
Honesty, in my book, is the better policy.
Skarn Ka
QUOTE (Dog)

You have a good opportunity to represent many of the ideas posted in this forum. It's nice knowing that someone who listens to us rank-and-filers has a voice.

If that's any relief to you, AH is far from being the only one listening to the dissonant DSF crowd wink.gif.
Nath
Hey, they all got it ?! Why did I never got the secret handshake to have my DSF account flagged as "freelancer" too ?
Dog
QUOTE (Skarn Ka)
QUOTE (Dog @ Jul 14 2006, 12:53 PM)

You have a good opportunity to represent many of the ideas posted in this forum.  It's nice knowing that someone who listens to us rank-and-filers has a voice.

If that's any relief to you, AH is far from being the only one listening to the dissonant DSF crowd wink.gif.

Thank you.
Witness
QUOTE (Nath)
Hey, they all got it ?! Why did I never got the secret handshake to have my DSF account flagged as "freelancer" too ?

Nathanael Jouen I presume?
Adam
QUOTE (Nath)

Because I never update them because I don't think it's DSF's job to track who is a freelancer and who isn't, especially because "freelancer" is by nature a transitory description. I just haven't deleted the tag for the people that do have them. It's a relic from previous administrators.
Witness
I quite like knowing when there's a (past or present) freelancer in the house. It's a more useful and meaningful title than Dumpshocked anyway.
BookWyrm
QUOTE (Nath @ Jul 15 2006, 08:39 AM)

*doing a bad but passable Agent Smith impression*

"Of course....you must remember the first rule of Dee Ess Eff....there IS NO dee Ess Eff....."

rotfl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012