Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Full Rigger vs Mechanic/Armorer
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Abbandon
How often do you get into car chases in sr4?? Im thinking of making a dwarf who....is a rigger kinda. I think im gonna have him focus almost entirely on being able to build and fix things mostly vehichles and most likely try to make him a killer driver.

So do you think he should take a weapon skill or go for whatever skills it takes to operate drones?

Hmmm if a team of runners gets hired to jack an airplane or something could the team break into the airportand find the plane and then the team rigger could try to hack the plane through his fellow runners comm??
ornot
how often you get into car chases is dependent on your GM. If you make a rigger he'll likely put in more. Bear in mind that you won't have a lot to do most of the time if that is your only skill, which could get boring.

I believe you can rig a plane remotely, but it would need to be pre-adapted for rigger control (which most vehicles aren't) and you would need to hack any protection it happened to have.
Lagomorph
As a driving only rigger, you can also end up out of your element, if the badguys take a boat out into the sound and your a driver, you may not be as well equipped to chase them.
Abbandon
well i meant piloting vehichles as opposed to drones, if he wasnt driving he would be with the group.

Im thinking of making him have some special outfit that will let him get dragged around. Around the shoulders and legs area's would be handles. When they need to leave an area he can jump into his vehichle and drive it to whatever extraction point they need, while they are dragging him along.

knasser
QUOTE (Abbandon)
well i meant piloting vehichles as opposed to drones, if he wasnt driving he would be with the group.

Im thinking of making him have some special outfit that will let him get dragged around. Around the shoulders and legs area's would be handles. When they need to leave an area he can jump into his vehichle and drive it to whatever extraction point they need, while they are dragging him along.

Heh. Back-mounted dwarves. Providing you with rear-mounted guns and +3 ballistic armour. smile.gif
DireRadiant
Master Blaster... Troll and Dwarf rigger combo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012