Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Animal Form
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Samaels Ghost
SO if I transform into a Tiger and get 6 hits on my speels casting test my tiger body has 11 STR. But I only do 5P still with my Natural Weapon? It seems as if I should do more since I'm twice as strong as the average tiger. Is that right?
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Samaels Ghost)
SO if I transform into a Tiger and get 6 hits on my speels casting test my tiger body has 11 STR. But I only do 5P still with my Natural Weapon? It seems as if I should do more since I'm twice as strong as the average tiger. Is that right?

Thats a 5P base before any rolls. Thats the same damage as a fraggin' Predator, so yeah, I'd say that sounds MORE than about right.
Edward
I would reverse engineer the damage for critters using the normal str/2 + x system.

A tiger is strength 5 and dose 5P so the damage for a tiger bight must be str/2+2 thus the tiger you shape changed into would do 8P.

This is only my opinion I have not checked the raw.

Edward
Samaels Ghost
Makes sense, Edward. RAW says it's a set damage like the Monowhip. 5P flat. It's not that I don't like being able to do 5P flat with freakin; cool tiger claws, its that I thought that stronger beings did more damage than weaker ones with their attacks. Just makes sense. Natural weapon rules do not I guess.
Jaid
actually, looking over the various non-humanoid critters with the natural weapon power, i'd say for most if not all of them DV = Str.

of course, that's one heck of a scary precedent to set given the scenario, but that's what it looks like they mainly used to me...
Samaels Ghost
Except for the shark whose DV exceeds his STR by 2

But yeah I see your point. I guess I can sacrifice a little....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012