Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: damage track
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
timmi
hello i'm new here and i just popped in to ask a quick question.
I'm sure this gets asked all the time but how does high pain tolerance really work?

I've taken the full 3 ranks in High pain tolerance does that mean to take a -2 wound modifier i have to take 12 damage (3+3 is -1 and then another 3+3) or just 9 damage?

i hope I've explained this properly, I've just got into shadowrun and we are starting in a few days so i want to make sure i know as much as i can.

thanks very much in advance
cyberdozer
High Pain Tolerance does not lessen the amount of wounds you take, but rather increases how many wounds you can take before gaining a negative modifier. For example, Joe Runner takes a -1 wound modifier for every 3 blocks of damage on his condition modifier. Joe Runner with High Pain Tolerance 3 would not get that -1 modifier until he had marked off 6 blocks.

Also, remember that Physical and Stun modifiers are cumulative, so you only get 3 total boxes of deferred modifier, not 3 each per physical and stun damage track.
Thanee
Normally you get a -1 with 3 boxes, a -2 with 6 boxes, a -3 with 9 boxes, and so on.

High Pain Tolerance (and similar abilities) simply shifts this up by its rating.

HPT 1 turns it into -1 with 4 boxes, -2 with 7 boxes, -3 with 10 boxes,
HPT 2 turns it into -1 with 5 boxes, -2 with 8 boxes, -3 with 11 boxes,
and so on.

Also, remember that Physical and Stun modifiers are cumulative, so you only get 3 total boxes of deferred modifier, not 3 each per physical and stun damage track.

I'm reasonably sure, that this is wrong. While it's true, that the wound modifers from physical and stun damage are cumulative, the High Pain Tolerance works for each of the two monitors with full rating not just for both combined (what would that be, anyways? There is no combined total, you only tally up the modifiers, but since HPT delays when you get the modifiers it's in effect already before the combining even happens).

Someone with HPT 2 and 4 boxes of physical and 4 boxes of stun damage would suffer no wound modifier yet.

Bye
Thanee
timmi
ok i see, thats cool not as cool as i hoped though ;p

thanks for the quick response guys now i can move on and look at other stuff I'm not totally sure about ;p
Thanee
CODE
|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
    -1    -2    -3    -4   Normal
      -1    -2    -3       HPT 1
        -1    -2    -3     HPT 2
          -1    -2    -3   HPT 3

Bye
Thanee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012